Hawaii 12/9/06 Nostalgia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kellyahern said:
Hawaii was beautiful.

DSCN0463.jpg

:lol: the smoking bench where everyone was. good times

Wow, such great memories..... So funny that almost all of my pictures of Hawaii look the same as the ones posted! We all must have seen the same sites! :)

That was the best vacation EVER! My only regret was not being down on the floor for my first U2 show. But I wasn't complaining...
I still had an out of body experience up in the seats!
SO MUCH FUN! U2 in Paradise. How can you beat that?

unico said:
yes, the concert was amazing, emotional, and transcending. but i think what i took most from that experience was the friendships that i treasure so much.

I agree wholeheartedly with this statement :hug: Bonds were formed very strongly on that trip. Feel extremely lucky to have shared such an incredible experience with 3 amazing people! From the time I stepped off the plane and saw all of you waiting for me I knew that great times were just ahead :). If I were to do this trip all over again I would want it with my original roomies :hug:

Oh and we can't forget how Rudy seranaded us! :giggle: :cute:

Hands down, THE BEST TRIP OF MY LIFE! I met Interlanders, enjoyed the beautiful Hawaiin weather, ate, shopped and had an amazing experience at the concert. Bono sang to me and Larry grinned at me :lol:

Let me see if I can dig up pics...

Thanks for sharing your gorgeous pics of scenery and the boys and yourselves!!! What a great memory to hold on to.
and to come away with good friends makes it even better. Congrats to you all!!

I was in Hawaii for my honeymoon 21 years ago, it was amazing-a true paradise!! :yes:
Couldn't get back there for what would have been an earthshattering 20 year anniversary celebration.
:drool:

CMM were you standing near me??
BonoFox- what part of hawaii did you stay in? Some of the pics you took looks like where i was staying.

AMAZING PICTURES EVERYBODY!
Its too bad i didnt meet any of you there! I wish I could have stayed in Waikiki. Although I was there after the concert, having fans coming up to you after seeing your shirt was so cool. I loved seeing the U2 band tees all around!

Amazing pics & memories!!!
I wish we could have stayed and actually had a 'vacation'. We flew in on Friday and home on Sunday. Would I do it again? In a heartbeat :love:

I recall after returning home that someone on the forum said they were there with their mom, standing next to me for part of the show, but never said anything. I think that was mads1 :wave:
And people in line during the day of the show said they recognized us from the forum, mainly Maddy since she had met Bono a few months prior to Hawaii and posted her pic here.

unico said:
:lmao: what on earth was i singing? i look so intense!

i love hour our "beach view" was like...an armlength wide.

You know honestly I don't remember! :lmao: Do remember how you put ALL of us to shame with your singing! The girl has got soul!

Guess we had to squint our eyes and imagine that our view was a lot bigger than it really was lol

EdgeIsTooSexy said:
BonoFox- what part of hawaii did you stay in? Some of the pics you took looks like where i was staying.

!

My friend and I stayed about 45 minutes away from Honolulu, it was off the coast in a gorgeous golf resort I cant remember the name right now but here is the view from our balcony

DSC00177.jpg

DSC00190.jpg

^my friend Dorene

DSC00180.jpg

We actually has our own private beach I just cant remember he names of the locations

EdgeIsTooSexy said:

*looks at your pics again*

Yeah, it looks as though we were!

I'm guessing you were about..... *counts in head* Probably about, 6 people away from me?

At first I was kinda pissed about where I was standing. I'm 5'4", and when those HUGE security guys came out, I couldn't see a thing.

Then, the families came out, and most of them were pulled up around the front of the catwalks. w00t! Perfect view.

Back
Top Bottom