have you watched your Slane dvd lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Slane is by far my favourite U2 DVD!! :heart:

I was in Ireland at the time, but couldn't go because I was so broke. :sad: Traveling across Europe for several months and shopping constantly really puts a toll on your bank account. :lol: It would have been amazing to go.

I haven't watched the full thing all the way through in about a month or so. I've just played snippets to help me record the lines for the sing with me game. :giggle: I'm definitely going to watch the whole thing probably next week, when I have a bit more time. :yes:

my husband has the slane version of out of control on his mp3 player along with all the other u2 songs, and when he is out walking along he keeps repeating bono talking aloud about the 500 pounds and shouting out ... we are a band from the north side of Dublin.. I am sure people think he has gone mad:giggle:

Another funny, cute moment on the dvd is when Bono gets entangled with the white ribbons or whatever the hell they were during NYD and he laughs as he is trying to disentangle himself and tries to keep singing with a straight face. :cute: :love:

Babydoll said:
Another funny, cute moment on the dvd is when Bono gets entangled with the white ribbons or whatever the hell they were during NYD and he laughs as he is trying to disentangle himself and tries to keep singing with a straight face. :cute: :love:

that was.. toilet paper..

:wink:

Jeannieco said:
One of my favorite parts is when Bono sings Kite so emotionally. His voice cracks. Also, the ending...I think during Walk on; when he says "you look so beautiful, the spirit is in the house!" I just love how they continue to show me The Spirit through their music. It never ceases to amaze me how that feeling transcends space and time. Incredible!:drool:

Slane was very close to the time of his father's death, so I imagine that could have had a lot to do with the emotion in "Kite." Swandiver and I saw them at Notre Dame on 10/10/01, the first show of the third leg of the tour; and it also was a very emotional, spiritual show. Kinda renewed my faith in just about everything! :hug:

And yes, Bridgit--caps, please! :kiss:

Yes, it's toilet paper. :lol: Gotta love that concert and all its funny incidents.
Bridgit has some nice captions of that moment (which she posted a while back, I think). I could make my own stills, but she does it better.;)

Last edited:
I happen to have a couple of caps of the toilet paper incident laying around in my photobucket:

bonotp.jpg

bonotp2.jpg

I like how he sees it coming, tries to knock it out of the way, but it lands on him anyway. He also catches some on his arm during With or Without You.

annj said:
my husband has the slane version of out of control on his mp3 player along with all the other u2 songs, and when he is out walking along he keeps repeating bono talking aloud about the 500 pounds and shouting out ... we are a band from the north side of Dublin.. I am sure people think he has gone mad:giggle:

My husband ALWAYS turns the volume up at this point too, it think it's a father-son kind of thing.
But I like the fact that he acklowledges that Bono is grateful to his dad, although he (hubbie) won't say it in so many words (or none at all :wink: )

DreamOutLoud13 said:

bonotp2.jpg

I like how he sees it coming, tries to knock it out of the way, but it lands on him anyway. He also catches some on his arm during With or Without You.

That's the exact moment I meant! Thanks DreamOutLoud :D

it's not much.. I bought it for 15 euros..

I got the vid, making gifs of UTEOTW :D
any requests in here, tell me :wink:
I'm already doing the Kiss and Edgebounces..

I thought the Slane dvd was really good - thought it was a little better than the Boston one..... :yes:

U2_Dudette said:
This DVD looks and sounds great, how much is it?
The Slane DVD is great, the audience is amazingly energetic, and there's a great relaxed feel on-stage among the band. Plus all of the crazy little things that happen, like the beach ball, the toilet paper, and someone throwing a hat directly at Edge's head. But in my opinion, the Boston DVD has a better setlist, and some much better performances.
At Best Buy, the limited edition Slane DVD is $22.99, and the standard is $16.99 (the only difference between the two is price and packaging). Both much cheaper than the Boston DVD, which is $32.99.

love2bmama said:

Can I just say I love Pleba, I knew I could post this here and get responses from you guys. There's nobody I know in real life that would understand how I could be blown away by this band over and over and over, but you guys get it without me having to even try to explain.:hug:

I know what you mean. I never feel stupid here gushing away. Their music means SO much to me. Thanks for mentioning it. :hug:

And YES I :heart: Slane DVD. Best U2 concert video in my opinion. So many great moments.. Let's not forget the beach ball!! "Look, Edge! A beach ball!!, there's faith for ya!... ", and the part where he wraps the Irish flag around him, "just this once!" and he looks back and forth at the audience like he's trying to decide if he is going to do it. :cute:

^^ Yep, the dvd has tons of such classic funny U@ moments like those. Personally, the toilet paper one, the beachball one and the water splashing all over him are my faves!

The Unforgettable Fire doc is one of the BEST U2 things ever. I love it all... so many great moments... one of the best being Bono recording Pride, just singing his heart out, and Edge says... maybe a bit more passion next time... (something like that), Bono looks like.. what?!

And of course L-A-R-D-A-N-C-E :lol:

and Larry... "Hello Fans!" ... and singing... so cute :heart:

bonocomet said:
The Unforgettable Fire doc is one of the BEST U2 things ever. I love it all... so many great moments... one of the best being Bono recording Pride, just singing his heart out, and Edge says... maybe a bit more passion next time... (something like that), Bono looks like.. what?!

And of course L-A-R-D-A-N-C-E :lol:

and Larry... "Hello Fans!" ... and singing... so cute :heart:
Brian Eno said the Bit more passion/it was a bit restraint thingy :wink:

Larry's cliff richard act was brilliant..

and let's not forget the UF docu has THIS:

bonomacarena2zx.gif

Wait are you sure about that Gg? I think it's Edge who says that, Brians not saying it, he looks back over behind him to the couch where Edge is sitting as it's being said.... the person saying it is off camera but it sounds like Edge's voice... :)

(Brian does however answer Edge and says, "yeah it was a bit restrained actually")

The part is great, the whole special is! It's fantastic seeing them all so young and working so hard on the UF album. They really were passionate about everything, still are!

Last edited:
Yes Sir!

As per orders I watched it again.

What does Bono say after he kicks the beach ball? I can't figure it out.

Relatively new fan question:
Is there a story behind Bono and beachballs? Edge's facepalm after Bono said "Look Edge, a beachball" (or something like that) was very cute. Is there a history there?

Re: Yes Sir!

Arden said:
As per orders I watched it again.

What does Bono say after he kicks the beach ball? I can't figure it out.

Relatively new fan question:
Is there a story behind Bono and beachballs? Edge's facepalm after Bono said "Look Edge, a beachball" (or something like that) was very cute. Is there a history there?

When he kicks the beachball, he says "That was a bit GAA, wasn't it? A bit GAA." GAA stands for the Gaelic Atheletic Association. He was referring to the football kick. :) The beachball joke goes all the way back to the JT days, I think!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom