Have you also noticed....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:cute:
hes so strange....
when i become a rockstar and meet him I'll ask him why he does it for all of you:wink:
I noticed he does it a lot when somebody else is wearing his shades.
Maybe his fingers are a replacement, keeps the image up:laugh:

best. bono. thread. ever.

:lol::lmao::laugh::eeklaugh:

i wonder if it's his signature thing among certain people............like ali as someone previously suggested. hmmmm....it's great though! amazing how many pics we can find of him doing that!

clementine_rose said:

u2redbkgrnd.jpg

:applaud: I love that picture!

U2granny, is the picture you just posted from the "In America" premiere? That girl was on "Late Nite With Conan O'Brien," and he asked her what it was like meeting Bono. I think she said something like, "Oh, he was cool." *G* It was so cute!

BTW, this is a fantastic thread. I've wondered why he always does that... also, has anyone else ever wondered why he seems to prefer wearing long-sleeved shirts? Or, while singing, he tends to roll up one of his sleeves? Quirky stuff! LOL.

Last edited:
clementine_rose said:
WTF is the deal with him doing that....is it some kind of signal to Ali, is he saying he forgot his glasses, or is he really just that goofy??? I dont understand. I do have to admit he looks good doing it.

u2redbkgrnd.jpg

adorable pic! from the U2-7 sessions I presume...? I think he's just being goofy and "substituting" for his glasses, silly Bono. :cute: and of course he looks good doing it, he ALWAYS looks good! :wink:

Ultimate proof that I spend way too much time here: A few days ago I was with my friend Cody and I noticed that his sleeves were hanging over his hands, so I squealed "Eeee! Bono sleeves!" and he looked at me oddly, so I explained "Bono always wears his sleeves too long and IT'S SO ADORABLE!!" and so he pulled his sleeves up in defiance :p

Nerfherder said:
U2granny, is the picture you just posted from the "In America" premiere? That girl was on "Late Nite With Conan O'Brien," and he asked her what it was like meeting Bono. I think she said something like, "Oh, he was cool." *G* It was so cute!

BTW, this is a fantastic thread. I've wondered why he always does that... also, has anyone else ever wondered why he seems to prefer wearing long-sleeved shirts? Or, while singing, he tends to roll up one of his sleeves? Quirky stuff! LOL.

Yes, so is this one.

8ffa52ce.jpg

clementine_rose said:
WTF is the deal with him doing that....is it some kind of signal to Ali, is he saying he forgot his glasses, or is he really just that goofy??? I dont understand. I do have to admit he looks good doing it.

u2redbkgrnd.jpg

Mmmm...*prints out*

Ultimate proof that I spend way too much time here: A few days ago I was with my friend Cody and I noticed that his sleeves were hanging over his hands, so I squealed "Eeee! Bono sleeves!" and he looked at me oddly, so I explained "Bono always wears his sleeves too long and IT'S SO ADORABLE!!" and so he pulled his sleeves up in defiance :p [/B]

Nothing wrong with that...I was out with this guy, and we walked past a sunglasses shop that had Bonoworthy glasses on the stand out the front...I squealed "Bono glasses!!!" and ran off for a closer look. The guy followed and said, "they don't look too different to the ones you've got on now..."

Last edited:
Thats soo cool!

I never noticed he did it that often till i saw him do it with the awards and the ipods!!!

Best thread EVER!!!!

karmic_postmark said:
Bono's tendency to do this. I love the wonder and the playfulness he emanates......it's the key to staying young! Or at least young at :heart:

i guess he's just used to wearing glasses too much :lmao:

when i changed my glasses into concact lenses i was often finding myself doing this move with my hand to correct the glasses on my nose and when i had my palm already lifted to the nose i was thinking "what the hell RU doing, kid?!"

anyway- i can't find any explenation for Bono doing this thing when he has his glasses on (maybe he sometimes forgets about having them on just like i was forgetting about having mine off?)

Back
Top Bottom