Have I gone overboard??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
So the other day I was getting ready for work, and not looking forward to 8 hours of hearing people complain...I thought to myself "Self! I should take Bono with me to work today"(Note:I've taken a picture of Adam to work, he would be in my coat pocket and usually get squished and wrinkled, but still he would be there)Anyways...I went through my photos(and Olive/Carrie's website
smile.gif
)to find the right Bono. Well, I found him...
Bonoarms.jpg

When printed, this picture is the perfect size to fit on the backside of my nametag at work...So now, whenever times are bad at work(and they always are), I flip over my name tag and take a look.
I like to say "Bono's watching out for me"
smile.gif

My coworkers think I've lost it, they laughed and rolled their eyes when I showed them...
I like having Bono with me at work...he's something nice to look at.
The worst part of all(there is a downside to this story)...there is a guy I work with who is a U2 fan, a pretty big fan too. I showed him my tag(why did I show him?)-and he said "Man, you're obsessed!" Anybody else at work can say that, and it doesn't bother me, because I know it's true. But he is such a nice guy, and someone I can "talk U2" with, now he thinks I'm a psychotic freak...great I've blown it all to heck with the only other U2 fan at work.
So....have I crossed the line and should I remove Bono from my name tag?

------------------
mrs_clayton@hotmail.com

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
So the other day I was getting ready for work, and not looking forward to 8 hours of hearing people complain...I thought to myself "Self! I should take Bono with me to work today"(Note:I've taken a picture of Adam to work, he would be in my coat pocket and usually get squished and wrinkled, but still he would be there)Anyways...I went through my photos(and Olive/Carrie's website
smile.gif
)to find the right Bono. Well, I found him...
Bonoarms.jpg

When printed, this picture is the perfect size to fit on the backside of my nametag at work...So now, whenever times are bad at work(and they always are), I flip over my name tag and take a look.
I like to say "Bono's watching out for me"
smile.gif

My coworkers think I've lost it, they laughed and rolled their eyes when I showed them...
I like having Bono with me at work...he's something nice to look at.
The worst part of all(there is a downside to this story)...there is a guy I work with who is a U2 fan, a pretty big fan too. I showed him my tag(why did I show him?)-and he said "Man, you're obsessed!" Anybody else at work can say that, and it doesn't bother me, because I know it's true. But he is such a nice guy, and someone I can "talk U2" with, now he thinks I'm a psychotic freak...great I've blown it all to heck with the only other U2 fan at work.
So....have I crossed the line and should I remove Bono from my name tag?

Hell no! we all need a little u2 everyday to cheer us up! if your co-workers can't handle it,too freakin' bad!

------------------
Larrysgirl:)

Tell your coworkers to shove it.
icon22.gif
If it makes you happy, it makes you happy. It shouldn't matter to you.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

Thanks ladies....I guess I just needed reassurance that you didn't think I had "lost it"....Bono stays!

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
Thanks ladies....I guess I just needed reassurance that you didn't think I had "lost it"....Bono stays!

Nah..Never! and you're welcome
smile.gif

------------------
Larrysgirl:)

Mrs. C...that's a good idea!

*prints picture to carry around with her*

I'll have U2 sitting on my desk for my exams
smile.gif

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Back
Top Bottom