Has Larry got married yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pop marter

The Fly
Just wondering, I know Larry and Ann have been together practically as long as U2, but have they got married?

I don't believe so but I'm sure some Larry lovers could put me in the picture?

If I was Ann I'd be dragging him down that aisle! :sexywink:

Haven't heard, it hasn't been announced anywhere I don't think. Doesn't appear to ever wear a wedding ring.

He might have been afraid that people would turn up, there would be cameras, and he'd have to speak in public.

:wink: ~Ultra

Yeah, I think that would put him off big time. If he ever did do it, I'm sure he'd go great lengths to make it low key.
Who knows he may have done it already!

Yeah, I thought he was married, he just didn't want to make it public knowledge. He thinks this should be private, and gosh, I can't say I disagree.

No, he's not "legally" married. In a very recent article he said they "had never gotten around to it". I have the magazine somewhere here in my Christmas-inflicted house, so when I find it, I will give you the exact quote. But I'm not imagining it. He was asked directly, and that is what he said. Of course, in every other sense, he's completely married.

OK, maybe they haven't done the official deal, going to court and all of that jazz. But they seem to have that firm and steady a relationship, and it's the quality of the relationship that matters in any case, not its legal status, not which papers you've signed or whatever. I don't give a damn which papers they've chosen to sign, it's none of my damn business. They seem to be happy and that's the important thing.

Verte, I agree completely. As I said above, in every other sense he's completely married. My "spouse" and I have been together longer than most of the people on this Forum have been alive, and we consider ourselves married in every sense, though we've never made it "official". That's always just seemed silly to me, the idea that some stranger could say a few words to us that would somehow change the nature of our relationship. But each to his own; I know for some the ceremony is important.

Last edited:
Actually, personally, if I were that close to someone, I'd want the ceremony. But that's just me. My youngest sister just tied the knot, but that had to do with economics (she could get on his health insurance if they were officially married) *and* the quality of the relationship, they are very happy with each other.

MooMoo! said:
well the only difference there would be if they were married would be they have to wear a ring. :shrug:

theyre as good as married.

I have been "officially" married for over 20 years and we don't wear rings.

Joha_U2 said:

How do you know?

Not really at liberty to discuss who/how/what/when/etc. I just answered the question. The man obviously wants his privacy, and/or has his reasons for not wanting the entire world (and fans) knowing. He's married, and has been for quite sometime, let's just leave it at that.

Elvis said:

Not really at liberty to discuss who/how/what/when/etc. I just answered the question. The man obviously wants his privacy, and/or has his reasons for not wanting the entire world (and fans) knowing. He's married, and has been for quite sometime, let's just leave it at that.

But can you say for how long he's been married (if you know)? :D

u2granny said:

I have been "officially" married for over 20 years and we don't wear rings.

I hate rings. They always feel too loose or too tight. If I get married someday, I don't want to wear any. I don't even really want an engagement ring. :reject: But he still has to propose marriage to me!

Elvis said:

Really? So why would the man himself go out of his way to say, in a very recent article, that he and Ann, "just hadn't got around to it" (getting married) ? Is he a liar? He was asked directly if he was married, and that was his answer.

Elvis said:

:rolleyes:

Don't you just hate it when people say "Let's just leave it at that"? As if this "secret" is so powerful it will destroy our pathetic lives if we were to know it.
Obviously, Elvis is in with the in crowd!

Elvis said:

Oh PUULLEEEZZEE!!!:rolleyes: .........It's not about who/how/what/when/ect....As far as the Privacy issue, I know that Larry is the most private bandmember but IF he was married he would just say it! (There it's done!) It's no biggie!...As far as the fans/world knowing, pffft!......But If he says he is not than he is not and I believe what he says...
Because there is "nothing" to prove otherwise...

I agree with you, Brazilian Fly, couples that have been together long or as long as Larry and Ann have can be "considered' married and or call each other their spouse...No need to go through the ceremony if they don't wish to..

Elvis said:

I remember an interview, sometime around the release of ATYCLB, when asked about not marrying, he said
"It's not a big deal to me, so I don't know why it should be a big deal to anyone else. We'll do it when and if Anne wants to."

madonna's child said:
I hate rings. They always feel too loose or too tight. If I get married someday, I don't want to wear any.

Even if I wanted a ring, I'd forget to put it on, 'cause I'm not one who regularly wears jewelry to begin with. Also, I have very skinny fingers-I don't know if there's a ring size that's just right for my fingers, LOL. I don't want one too tight, but I don't want them falling off all the time, either. So I just don't know if I'd even bother. I do want to get married someday, though, personally. But if others don't want to go through with the whole ceremony, that's cool, totally their business.

As for Larry being married...if Elvis happens to have this information and doesn't feel comfortable sharing it, then he's not going to. If Larry's married, great, and congrats to him and Ann, hope their wedding went off okay. If he's not, also great, he and Ann seem pretty happy together in the pictures we've seen of them on here, they've been together for god knows how long and are still going strong, and that's all that matters, so yay for them :).

Angela

Back
Top Bottom