Has anyone seen Bono lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
according to atu2.com:

'U2 are scheduled to attend the Q Awards in London later this month, where they're nominated in the "Best Act in the World Today" category. The awards are set for October 30th at Grosvenor House in London.'

So he's probably back home and will do this next?
That's my best guess. :wink:

Whatever happened to that movie he was supposed to be in where he was Dr Roberts--remember the pix of him with the big moustache. I thought it was coming out this fall. It was a story with Beatles songs. Just haven't seen anything else about it. :shrug: I'm gonna be signing off here in a little bit--everyone have a nice weekend, do something fun, & see you back here Monday! :hug:

Nightsong, I did too.

I even called the convener of the Conference but he would never confirm whether Bono was appearing at the Conference or not.

So I figured that he probably didn't go. :(

The reason I say this is because Bono is a person drawing magnet and if you want people to come to your conference and learn about what's going on with AIDS in Africa, you'll let everyONE know that he'll be attending the Conference. :sexywink:

Truthfully, I hope that he's somewhere relaxing and enjoying himself with his family and friends.

He's probably also getting his voice in prope shape, not to mention a bit weight-lifting.

Remember, he alluded to the fact about going back to the gym when he was with Oprah two weeks ago.

Anyway, let's just let the man have some private time away from all of us.

He deserves some normalcy.

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Jamila said:

Remember, he alluded to the fact about going back to the gym when he was with Oprah two weeks ago.

Anyway, let's just let the man have some private time away from all of us.

:huh: Yeah, I'm sure he's been thinking "geez! I really need some time away from those PLEBAns!" 'cus going to the gym is SUCH a big deal!

.....what?

Last month I met someone who was presenting at one of the workshops who mentioned that the organizers were upset at the website that posted the info that Bono was making an appearance due to the crowd control issues they didn't want to deal with. At that time, the plan was he would still attend but which session would not be announced beforehand.

The agenda of this PanAfrica conference was to bring different groups together to identify best practices, form alliances and then to plan and work with each other to continue and improve the fight against HIV/AIDS. I'm sure Bono and Bobby were involved in this conference-maybe behind the scenes :wink:

Nightsong, you may be right but actually I have been to many other similar events like this where Bono attended and these events were sufficiently handled well as far as "crowd control".

I think that it was completely wrong of the conveners of this Conference to announce that Bono would be appearing and then basically go mum on whether or not he would be appearing.

I am involved in an organization that does humanitarian activities in Lesotho where Bono's organizations are very active.

I had wanted to go to this Convention IRREGARDLESS of whether Bono would be attending or not. But I was having some difficulty getting those days off work. Had I known that B was going to be there, I probably would have come down with mono or something to go. (smile)

I just found the way the people who put the whole Conference together was disingenuous and actually quite rude to the general public.

The connections that I wanted to make between our organizations have already been made so I'm just grateful for that. (thank you, b)

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Can someone explain what exactly is going on in this situation. Is there a ONE event that Bono was supposed to end? Also, what is this article about "Rocking The Church?" Thanks to anyone who can explain!

Can someone explain this situation to me? Is there a ONE event that Bono was supposed to attend? And is U2 getting doing something in the church world again? That's great news! Thanks to anyone with information!

Can someone explain this situation to me? Is there a ONE event that Bono was supposed to attend? And is U2 doing something in the church world again? That's great news! Thanks to anyone with information!

Can someone explain this situation to me? Is there a ONE event that Bono was supposed to attend? And is U2 doing something in the church world again? That's great news! Thanks to anyone with information!

Back
Top Bottom