Harry Potter Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
The new movie is coming out this Friday. Anybody going to read it? I'm rereading the second book in preparation.

I've heard that Adam likes the HP books. Does anyone have any quotes of him talking about it?

My ma and I are going Friday night. I bought the tickets and she is buying me dinner. I AM SOOOOOO excited :hyper: (ask Kiran! haha :wave: )

Adam quote: "It's the latest one-the big fat one-and it's taking me ages to read. It's just perfect for reading at the end of the night in some godforsaken hotel somewhere- two or three pages and you're fast asleep.
I brought all of the Harry Potter books with me because I know I can lose the ability to read when I'm touring. I just found they were great to actually pick up instead
of flicking on the TV at two o'clock in the morining."

note: it took me to read said book 3 days :p course I was on vacation in NJ and Adam's a busy man.

I have never read/seen harry potter

...wait, that's not true
I read the first two pages of the third one yesterday at the coffee shop, at which point I stopped and convinced everyone to play monopoly
I mean, c'mon, you don't go to a coffee shop with six people to STUDY

YAY FOR HARRY!

I am definitely going!!!! I :heart: Harry Potter so much!!

I don't know how many times I've read all of the books it's so many..hehehe!

My friends and I are going to be dorks and paint lightning bolts on our foreheads and go to the midnight showing. :p

PS- Oliver Wood is :drool: :drool: :drool: :yes: :mac:

Harry Rocks!

I am definitely going to see Harry this Friday! I've been waiting an entire year!!

I reread all four books this past summer.

I remember where I was when Harry I came out. I was in Las Vegas for the Interference gathering!!!! So Harry has some U2 connection for me!!!

And remember in Book IV, Ireland is in the World Cup!!

Oooo, new Potter movie! I almost forgot! Hey, is that hot dude that's the captain of the quidditch team in the new one? I think his real name's Sean something.........

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Oooo, new Potter movie! I almost forgot! Hey, is that hot dude that's the captain of the quidditch team in the new one? I think his real name's Sean something.........

Yes, yes he is! That would be Oliver Wood aka Sean Biggerstaff :ohmy: :sexywink: um...yeah-

he's sexy hot- especially with that Scottish accent

Oliver%20Wood.jpg

Your answer is in here...

biggerstaff1.jpg

Foadie said:

Yes, yes he is! That would be Oliver Wood aka Sean Biggerstaff :ohmy: :sexywink: um...yeah-

:lol: Does anybody else find it funny that the character's name is Oliver WOOD and the actor's name is Sean BIGGERSTAFF?...

My boyfriend went to an advanced screening in England on Friday. He said it was even better than the first movie. I'm going to see when I'm in England in two weeks. :hyper:

I'm so incredibly excited for the movie! Friday starts our homecoming weekend so we have no school, and my friend and I opted to fight w/the local kiddies for prime seating at the theatre. LOL J/K, we won't hurt the little kids. I read all the Harry Potter books over the summer and I can hardly wait for the new one. Prof. Snape is my fav character cos he makes me laugh w/all the odd stares he gives to everyone. Like he'll say something then add like a dramatic pause and give Harry, Ron, and Hermione weird, freaky stares! I'm sure some of us have professors that are like that. Oh and good call everyone on Oliver Wood!:yes: Ok I'm here rambling when I've got exams to study for!

I've read the first three books I think...they are nice to read...:shrug:

But I don't want to destroy the HP mood by telling how shit I find'em it. :D

Instead: This thread contains definitely too less U2 lovin'.
3344%3A77923232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3234%3E996%3E636%3EWSNRCG%3D3232376464845nu0mrj

Oh yeah, that's better. :bono:

FallingStar said:

so don't. oh, wait. you already did.

[/negativity]

I too am rereading the second book in preparation for the movie. I hadn't picked up any of the books in awhile and I forgot how much I enjoy reading them. I'm really looking forward to seeing some of the characters that weren't in the first movie/book, like Lucius Malfoy, Lockhart and Tom Riddle. Everyone else has been so perfectly cast so far, it's going to be great to see these new characters come to life. And these aren't even my favorite characters in the series. Sirius Black and Professor Lupin are going to kick SO much ass in the next movie. Eeeeeee! *is excited* :hyper:

Also, as much as I'm looking forward to the new movie, I REALLY REALLY want the next book to come out. Like, RIGHT NOW. Is there any word on when it's supposed to be published? Or will I be reading the fifth installment to my yet unborn children? C'mon, Ms. Rowling. Git movin'. *cracks whip* ;)

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

Also, as much as I'm looking forward to the new movie, I REALLY REALLY want the next book to come out. Like, RIGHT NOW. Is there any word on when it's supposed to be published? Or will I be reading the fifth installment to my yet unborn children? C'mon, Ms. Rowling. Git movin'. *cracks whip* ;)

Yeah, as far as I know, there's been no word. One of my roommates writes HP fanfic and REALLY keeps tabs on this kind of stuff so I'm sure I will hear as soon as it's due!

FallingStar said:

:eyebrow: Tell me, what exactly is the point of posting in an appreciation thread if you don't "appreciate" the subject?

:rolleyes:

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

so don't. oh, wait. you already did.
Oh really? Didn't notice. I thought the Bono pic would save my oh soooo negative statement. Well, it didn't. I'm so bad, I think I'm gonna flush me down the toilet for destroying the Harry Poter loving thread.

:bono:

wertsie said:

:eyebrow: Tell me, what exactly is the point of posting in an appreciation thread if you don't "appreciate" the subject?

:rolleyes:
Appreciating rugby Bono?:D

Man...cool that everybody has a sense of fun here...

Can we just keep this a positive thread? Please? That's all I'm saying.

wertsie said:

Yeah, as far as I know, there's been no word. One of my roommates writes HP fanfic and REALLY keeps tabs on this kind of stuff so I'm sure I will hear as soon as it's due!

Yeah, that's what I figured. I thought maybe someone more in the know about this than I am might have heard something but, alas, no. Ah, well. You best keep us updated. :D

*returns to anticipation of movie*

The Harry Potter Series are a bunch of great, entertaining books!!!

Some people may not like them, but hey I do!

I even get my friends hooked on them!!

Also, can you imagine 90 Peace Corps Volunteers in Bulgaria reading Harry Potter! It happened in 2000. WE were yelling at people to hurry and finish the books so we can we them (we were passing them around)

I remember I first started to read Harry Potter on my trip to Egypt. My 60 year friend gave it to me to read!

So, let's all go out and see the movie on Friday. It should be great fun!!

:yes:

And plus Dumbledore is played by the late Richard Harris (he was Irish!)

Very positive post in this appreciation thread: Hagrid rules. I liked him best during the book. :yes:

[rambling]
hp25x.jpg

[/rambling]

Last edited:
:wink: And for anyone's who's interested, there's a cute little picture in People magazine this week of the actors who play Harry, Ron, and Hermione. :happy:

:lmao: @ that pic!

I :heart: Harry Potter too! I don't have a car, so I don't think I'll be able to see the movie on Friday. But one of my housemates is a big HP fan (and has a car), so we'll probably go see it sometime soon.

And Oliver Wood? :drool: :combust:

Does anyone else think Snape looks like Trent Reznor?
snape.jpg

trent.small.gif

Giant Lemon said:
:lmao: @ that pic!

I :heart: Harry Potter too! I don't have a car, so I don't think I'll be able to see the movie on Friday. But one of my housemates is a big HP fan (and has a car), so we'll probably go see it sometime soon.

And Oliver Wood? :drool: :combust:

Does anyone else think Snape looks like Trent Reznor?
snape.jpg

trent.small.gif

:yes: You're right, he sort of does! I never thought about that before!

Back
Top Bottom