Harry Potter Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Ok. REALLY exciting news. My roommate was surfing www.imdb.com (international movie data base) today and found the following story:

http://us.imdb.com/PeopleNews/#3

'Order of the Phoenix' Finished Says J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling has uttered the words every fan of her books has been waiting for - the fifth part of the magical saga is finished. The pregnant writer has revealed that the new book, Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix, is longer than the fourth tome, Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire, by one chapter. She says, "At the moment it's 38 chapters. I'm really pleased with it. I'm just going to tweak it a tiny bit more, then the publishers will have it." The eagerly-awaited book will be out in shops within five months while the second film adaptation, Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets, will hit cinemas on November 15.

5 MONTHS. That's April. That's not all that far away, considering before I saw this, I didn't think we'd see it until next winter at the earliest. Also, did anyone else know she was pregnant?? I didn't know until I saw pics of her at the London premier and she was REALLY pregnant. That might explain why this book took so long...

BUT DUDES. NEW HARRY POTTER!!! WOOHOOO!!! :D :D :D

Re: WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
Ok. REALLY exciting news. My roommate was surfing www.imdb.com (international movie data base) today and found the following story:

http://us.imdb.com/PeopleNews/#3

'Order of the Phoenix' Finished Says J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling has uttered the words every fan of her books has been waiting for - the fifth part of the magical saga is finished. The pregnant writer has revealed that the new book, Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix, is longer than the fourth tome, Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire, by one chapter. She says, "At the moment it's 38 chapters. I'm really pleased with it. I'm just going to tweak it a tiny bit more, then the publishers will have it." The eagerly-awaited book will be out in shops within five months while the second film adaptation, Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets, will hit cinemas on November 15.

5 MONTHS. That's April. That's not all that far away, considering before I saw this, I didn't think we'd see it until next winter at the earliest. Also, did anyone else know she was pregnant?? I didn't know until I saw pics of her at the London premier and she was REALLY pregnant. That might explain why this book took so long...

BUT DUDES. NEW HARRY POTTER!!! WOOHOOO!!! :D :D :D

Woo-hoo! Great news!!!

Psst.....you can already pre-order Order of the Phoenix at amazon.com. I've had mine pre-ordered since September or October. The book was taking so long to write because she claims she had a bit of writer's block and there is a death in there that was really hard for her to write. (yeah, I'm one of those silly people who read all the rumor websites about everything Harry Potter :shifty: )

Oh and :drool: :drool: over Oliver Wood and Gilderoy Lockheart. If I didn't enjoy the movie so much, I might be drooling over the two of them.

One more note: Professor Snape looks like a kid I went to school with and the kid also looks like Trent Reznor, as he was the kid's hero. haha :lol: Go figure.

3 More days! :hyper:

OH MAN.

HARRY POTTER ROCKS MY WORLD.

He's beyond the Thunder Dome, people. Man, now I know what I'm doing this weekend. POTTER TIME!!!

I'm working on #4, I'm just busier than a one legged man in an asskicking contest, that's all. But I agree with Lord Clayton, Harry Potter (why do I keep typing "Happy Potter?" It looks like a misprint on a cheap knockoff of a wallet in Japan or something. Btw, once my friend found a wallet in Japan that said "ANCHOVY IN THE U.K." instead of "ANARCHY in the U.K." She bought it. But I digress...)

WOoooooo. I love love LOVE Hermione, btw. She was so me when I was 9 ... acting about 36. Of course now I'm 25 and acting like a 4 year old .. it's retroactive.

GO POTTER GO!

Doesn't anyone else want to make a crack about Adam liking something with "Pot"ter in the title? I do. :mac:

Guess who has tickets for the 3 pm show on Friday afternoon?

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm skipping class for Harry Potter! :ohmy: :D

madonna's child said:
Guess who has tickets for the 3 pm show on Friday afternoon?

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm skipping class for Harry Potter! :ohmy: :D

I gots to wait until 7:05 :huh: I hope I can do it :hyper: I'll just watch all the trailers that I've downloaded.

One of my roommates is going to an advanced screening tonight (thursday) at midnight. She has a friend who works at a movie theatre.

SCREEN CAPTURES FOR ALL!!!

hp1.jpg

hp16.jpg

hp8.jpg

madonna's child said:
It's fucking awesome!!!! Better then the first one!!!!

:up::up::up::up::up::up:

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!! I laughed, I cried, and nearly hurled. Not a fan of snakes. OH IT WAS SOOOOOO GOOD!!!! And I got a cool cup too! It is bigger than my whole face....haha.

IT WAS SOOO RADICAL!!!! (yes, RADICAL!)

My only complaint is the 2 seconds of Oliver. Rawr.
He was fucking hot in those 2 seconds.

PS- Harry went through puberty! Low voice, face getting
a bit of hair!

HarryPotter1255.jpg

Foadie said:

PS- Harry went through puberty! Low voice, face getting
a bit of hair!
So, after the movie, me and my friends were talking and we've decided that Harry.. he's getting kind of cute. Growing up and all... you know? He'll be pretty hot in a couple of years. Is that wrong of us, or what!? :rolleyes: :D

madonna's child said:

So, after the movie, me and my friends were talking and we've decided that Harry.. he's getting kind of cute. Growing up and all... you know? He'll be pretty hot in a couple of years. Is that wrong of us, or what!? :rolleyes: :D

I think the same thing. I HOPE it's not wrong. But aww. When he was on Regis and Kelly the other morning they asked if he had a girlfriend and he said, "I wish" AWW. :cute:

:up: Loved it! :yes: I think it was even better than the first one.

:lol: We got there like over an hour early because we thought there was going to be this huge line. There wasn't at all! Oh, well...

Then some of my friends were complaining about all the stuff they cut...Well, they had to cut something, otherwise the movie would've been like 8 hours long, right?

:yes: My only complaint is that there was too little Oliver Wood!

wertsie said:
:up: Loved it! :yes: I think it was even better than the first one.

:lol: We got there like over an hour early because we thought there was going to be this huge line. There wasn't at all! Oh, well...

Then some of my friends were complaining about all the stuff they cut...Well, they had to cut something, otherwise the movie would've been like 8 hours long, right?

:yes: My only complaint is that there was too little Oliver Wood!

I want to see it! NOW!!! :hyper:

Too bad Oliver Wood is not in it much, he's so cute!

Plea for Ollie

It would make my day if anyone could find some pics of Ollie....to make up for the absence of hottness in the movie....please? :help:

You know, it's possible that your attraction to Wood is psychological on some level. Cause his accents sounds very Dublin-ish. And God knows, Dublin boys are cute... :D

madonna's child said:
You know, it's possible that your attraction to Wood is psychological on some level. Cause his accents sounds very Dublin-ish. And God knows, Dublin boys are cute... :D

:hmm: I don't know. It sounds more Scottish to me. But, hey, I'm a sucker for British, Scottish, and Irish accents! :drool:

wertsie said:

I finished rereading goblet of fire last night and was thinking the same thing about that one. How the hell are they going to make that into even a 4 hour movie? I mean, the Quidditch world cup would take up about an hour on it's own! I finally got to sleep after deciding they could make it a trilogy, and release them all at the same time. harry potter marathons - Yay!

:lol: at snape looking like trent reznor - I was thinking that when I first saw the first movie. Get him to sing Head like a Hole and the picture is complete!

tell you what - did any of you see the programme about JK Rowling (it was shown in the UK) where she opened a box in her house and waved a manuscript around and said it was the final chapter of the 7th book. She's had it written since she wrote the first one cos she always knew exactly how it ends - I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!!! :scream:

Back
Top Bottom