Harry Potter???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
Is this old news....(from Olive's site)
"It's the latest one-the big fat one-and it's taking me ages to read.
It's just perfect for reading at the end of the night in some godforsaken hotel somewhere
- two or three pages and you're fast asleep.
I brought all of the Harry Potter books with me because I know
I can lose the ability to read when I'm touring.
I just found they were great to actually pick up instead
of flicking on the TV at two o'clock in the morining."
-Adam on reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

I love those books, glad to hear Adam does too!

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
Is this old news....(from Olive's site)
It's just perfect for reading at the end of the night in some godforsaken hotel somewhere
- two or three pages and you're fast asleep.

lmao! that sounds just like me- i'll curl up with a book in bed, and within minutes i'll be fast asleep!
biggrin.gif
adam is such a cutie!!!

That was in Q magazine a while ago in the little snippet called 'essential tour reading' or something.
For some reason I get Adamfuzzies when I think of him curled up with a book. Too cute
smile.gif

I find this story immensely adorable. Partially because the image of Adam curled up with a book about a 12 year old wizard is just plain cute. But also because I read that book when I was on vacation and thus had the similar experience of picking it up at 2am after trudging back to my hotel room. *sigh* Adam and I share so much...
wink.gif

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
November ... so we would have a new U2 Best Of, as well as a Harry Potter book in November? And possibly a U2 DVD as well? Okay, I won't get my hopes up, but that would make for some pretty nice birthday presents for me.
biggrin.gif

Oh, lord...I really think my head IS going to explode! But it's all good!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

Here's something I just read about the next Harry Potter book:

Bloomsbury has confirmed that book 5 is not yet finished. Readers may not see the book until the Fall of 2003.

tongue.gif
I guess I'll just have to be content with U2 stuff in November.

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
a 12 year old wizard

Well he was 14 in the 4th book, hehe
wink.gif

I'm reading the 4th book too right now! I've been reading all the books in a row, and I don't want this one to end cause then I'd have to wait for the fifth!
biggrin.gif

I heard JK Rolling say every book was finished.....
I wonder what's up with that??
She said it on Biography...she showed the last chapter of the last book....

Adam reading Harry Potter, that's so cool, I love those books! There are so many great thing to look forward to at the end of this year, I just can't wait. Will they release the Slane DVD as well? I wish!

Whee! Harry Potter! I was just thinkin how I should bring my brother in law's Harry Potter book with me when I go home in two weeks. Right after I finished reading the first one, I read that Adam quote and giggled. I preordered the DVD, but I'm afraid I'm gonna be on vacation when it comes. Random outburst: I have a Harry Potter toothbrush.

------------------
Dana

Ma: The car was rattle and humming...
Dana: COOL!

One of my college roommates (who LOVES Harry Potter, writes fanfic, and always seems to have the latest news) said that the book is supposed to be out this summer!

------------------

Originally posted by wertsie:
One of my college roommates (who LOVES Harry Potter, writes fanfic, and always seems to have the latest news) said that the book is supposed to be out this summer!

Welll ... it just seems like we would be experiencing massive hype if the book was due anytime soon. But hell, I'd like to believe that.
smile.gif

------------------
I used to think
As birds take wing
They sing through life so why can't we?

?Poetry doesn?t belong to those who write it; it belongs to those who need it.?

Hey, speaking of Harry Potter, has anyone heard anything lately about when the next one's going to come out? First it was early 2002, then it was spring 2002 and now it's...who knows? Just curious if anyone's further in the loop than I am.

Wait, this is PLEBA...

*desperately tries to relate previous statement to U2*

Um, I'm sure Adam can't wait to get his copy...
wink.gif

Um...I heard that it would be in November, like the first one, but I'm not sure. Also, there's supposed to be a trailer for the second movie on the DVD for the first!

------------------

Originally posted by wertsie:
Um...I heard that it would be in November, like the first one, but I'm not sure

November ... so we would have a new U2 Best Of, as well as a Harry Potter book in November? And possibly a U2 DVD as well? Okay, I won't get my hopes up, but that would make for some pretty nice birthday presents for me.
biggrin.gif

------------------
I used to think
As birds take wing

Speaking of Harry Potter...I JUST finally started reading them in the last two weeks. Read the first book in one evening, then the second and third in another evening and morning.
biggrin.gif
I'm slowing down for number 4 though. hehe. Good books all.

LOL I love Harry Potter...em...I mean the book, and I liked the film also. I wonder who's Adam's favorite role??? Mine is Ron, with the red hair lol. Actually the first time I was not a fan of this book. What's more I hated (because everyone started crying around me just hearing those two words->annoying) but then my literature teacher said: " Oh really good books" Then I changed my mind and I decided to read them. and now????? I love it. I was reading the Goblet of Fire part when i saw this quote and I started LLLLLLOOOOOOLLLLLLLL!I'm done!

------------------
Everyone argues then we do what I say-Bono

Adam is the most hugable member of the band. He just look like he was made for hugging.-madonna's child

Email me at: christina@u2email.com

I had adults telling me to read the books for years, but I didn't finally give in until last fall, when I moved into my apartment and my three roommates were all HP freaks!

------------------

i havent read any harry potter books, and i don't want to read them either.

i've seen the movie though.

i dont want to sound condescending, but i am not interested in reading children's novels. as a person who studies the occult, i prefer reading occult text books--i like to learn things when i read.

*notices her typing is fecked but doesn't care*

------------------
id love adam to perform for me..wearing only cologne and a smile

I love Harry Potter, I?ve read all the books a couple of times. I can?t wait to get to read the 5th one.

I don?t think that they are only for kiddies. They get my imagination going and that?s a good thing.
smile.gif

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

I just read the last half of The Goblet of Fire last night!
biggrin.gif
Wow, it was great. I?m really surprised it took me so long to swallow my ?it?s children?s literature? pride and read the damn books. They?re actually very well suited for adult reading and I wasn?t bored at all. Now I?ll have to wait for book 5 along with the rest of the nutters. Lol.

Hi AM!!! (still hoping to see ya this fall?keep your fingers crossed)

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
I?m really surprised it took me so long to swallow my ?it?s children?s literature? pride and read the damn books.

lol, me too. I think for me it was half "children's literature" prejudice, and half "oh, it's just so cool everybody must read Harry Potter" prejudice. In summer 2000 my mom brought the first book home from the elementary school where she works and read it. I laughed at her... and then I read it too.
biggrin.gif

But anyway, I love kids' books. No, I do. I have had to read so much dense, boring, involved stuff in the past 5 or 6 years that children's book are one of my favorite things to read in spare time. My brain just cries out for fluffy entertainment sometimes.
smile.gif
Not that this description fits the Harry Potter books - on the contrary. But I just finished rereading the Little House books.

------------------
I used to think
As birds take wing

Back
Top Bottom