Happy Anniversary Edge & Morleigh!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edgette

ONE love, blood, life
June 18, 2003 marks the one year anniversay of The Edge's marriage to Morleigh.

Happy Anniversary!!!

About the bachelor Party:

June 19, 2002
From The New York Post:

PAGE SIX
By RICHARD JOHNSON with PAULA FROELICH and CHRIS WILSON

Rounded Edge

INSTEAD of strippers, the bachelor party for U2 guitarist The Edge featured supermodels.
Christy Turlington and Helena Christensen joined Bono, Adam Clayton, Larry Mullen for
The Edge's bon voyage to bachelorhood at Danube and his life-to-be with Morleigh
Steinberg, the belly dancer he met nearly 10 years ago. The David Bouley-owned
Viennese eatery served the rockers a nine-course meal capped with asparagus ice cream
and gallons of Austrian wine. After dessert, Bono toasted the kitchen with a long speech.

NOW U2 ARE WE2
THE EDGE MARRIES IN FRENCH CASTLE

Maeve Quigley On The Cote D'azure

U2 star The Edge married his American girlfriend in a dream hilltop
village in the South of France yesterday...for the second time this
week.

The guitarist and beautiful Morleigh Steinberg were joined by pals
plucked from an A-list of celebrities. The 120-strong roll call included Bob
Geldof, supermodels Helena Christiansen and Christy Turlington,
Dennis Hopper, Lenny Kravitz and REM star Michael Stipe.

Oh, and his U2 bandmates, of course with Bono as best man at the
Jewish ceremony.

But among the most important guests were the band's team of cleaners
who had been invited out to get away from the constant and dismal Dublin
drizzle.

In beautiful sunshine, they tied the knot in a hill-top ceremony in the
Exotic Garden of Eze, near where The Edge and Bono share a beachside villa.

A team of workmen had carried sheaths of lavender and wheat to decorate
the ruins of a medieval castle which is already surrounded by rare cacti
which attract tourists from all over the world.

Former bellydancer Morleigh met The Edge - aka East Londoner Dave
Evans - 10 years ago and had her family fly in from New York to the
breathtaking site.

But it was the second time they married in a week. On Tuesday as the
rest of the country cheered home Mick's Boy's in Green, the couple wed in a
strictly private ceremony in a central Dublin registry office.

3378%3A%3A8723232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2328%3D%3A43%3D799%3Dxroqdf%3E23233%3A838%3B85%3Aot1lsi

U2 guitarist the Edge celebrated his marriage to longtime girlfriend Morleigh Steinberg in a Jewish ceremony over the weekend. The wedding, held in the south of France in the village of Eze-sur-Mer, was the culmination of a bond that was sealed at a private ceremony at a Dublin registry on June 18. A honeymoon destination was not known at press time.

The Edge met Steinberg when the former belly dancer was hired to dance with U2 singer Bono for the Zooropa tour in the early '90s. Bono was the best man at the wedding and bandmates Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen Jr. were in attendance. Also helping to celebrate the union were R.E.M. singer Michael Stipe, supermodels Christy Turlington and Helena Christensen, Lenny Kravitz, and Dave Stewart.

The couple has two children, 4-year-old Sian and 2-year-old Levi. The Edge divorced his previous wife, Aislinn O'Sullivan, in 1996.

-- Darren Davis, New York

awe :cute:
It has been a year? It seems to me much more longer

I loved it when I found the lil snippet of info withpic in my local newspaper (which usually doesn't give a :censored: about U2)
I was so happy for them :love:

I truly wish them all the best and that this one will bring nothing but joy and security for them and their family

:hug:

*has warm fuzzy feelings*

awwww Congrats Edge and Morleigh
cheers to the first, wishing you many many more.

It will be my 22nd wedding anniversary soon. I really regret not having a white wedding( I wore maroon) I just told hub the other day I am hoping to make a white dress for the night of his 50th birthday party and it will be our secret( renew our vows)...lo and behold I had a dress like Morleigh's up there in mind:)Classic simplicity. Thanks for posting the lovely pics.
Crikes, Edge reminds me of my old man:heart:

This is such a sweet article with Morleigh. :cute:

'I've never laughed so hard since I moved to Dublin'

The Californian wife of U2's The Edge on life in Ireland. Morleigh Steinberg has never been happier since leaving the US, she tells Jenny Friel in an exclusive interview

Frances Winston reports

Morleigh Steinberg

MORLEIGH Steinberg may have married one of Dublin's most famous guitarists, but she will never call Anna Livia her home.

It's nine years since the dark-eyed American beauty moved to Ireland to live with her partner, U2 guitarist The Edge.

And although she has great affection for the Irish capital, the professional dancer and choreographer in her still finds it hard being so far away from her native Los Angeles.

"The thing that really struck me when I first came to live here was how provincial the city was. It was just so Irish and everyone I met here was Irish. I had come from such a multicultural city and country," she told Dublin Daily.

"After being here a few months I was so homesick that I used to go into the Asian Market in town just to remind myself that there were other cultures out there."

"In other cities, like New York and London, you've got areas like Chinatown or Little Vietnam, but here, no matter where you go, you're always so aware you're in Dublin.

"But things have changed a lot since I first got here, there's a lot more cultural diversity and the lifestyle is a lot more fast paced, although I don't think that's so beneficial."

Morleigh and The Edge, whose real name is Dave Evans, were married last year in Eze in the South of France. Guests at the ceremony included The Edge's band mates, Bono, Larry Mullen and Adam Clayton.

Other well-known faces were the American actor Dennis Hopper, and the musicians Dave Stewart and Lenny Kravitz. But Morleigh is well used to being surrounded by stars of all kinds and has never been fazed by her partner's impressive set of friends.

She said: "I grew up in Hollywood and went to school in Beverly Hills High. I used to see people like Paul Newman riding his bike around my neighbourhood.

"I was used to being around wealth and people who are in the public eye a lot, so it's never really been something that I was ever intimidated by."

The couple first met when Morleigh worked as a choreographer on U2's Joshua Tour, but it was some time before they started dating.

"Bono asked me to help out with movement coaching on their next tour, Zoo TV. The belly dancer bit on Mysterious Ways actually started out as a bit of a joke," Morleigh recalled.

"There had been one in the video, so the guys thought it would be nice to do it live, so they hired a belly dancer. I was there to give advice and train but the girl they had dancing didn't really have a whole lot of tour experience.

"Bono asked me if I'd like to take over. I'd never belly danced before but I just said to him: 'About time you asked me.' I'm a performer so I'd been dying to dance. It's very tough when you love dancing, to watch from the wings.

"I was with the tour for about two years and it was great fun, but at times I was quite lonely.

"Nothing happened between myself and my partner until the very end and I didn't really know what was going to come of it. We had enjoyed each other's company but I was aware that once the tour was over I was going back to my real life.

"As it turned out, we discovered we missed each other when we were apart, so that was it, but it took me a long time to actually move to Ireland."

Settling in to Dublin was easier than it might have been for Morleigh. "I was lucky. I jumped into this big established group of friends and they gave me a really warm welcome," she said.

"Irish people are incredibly friendly but only up to a certain point and they are quite cliquey. Anyone who's not from here will tell you that. It could be kind of lonely at times but I settled in fine" the American said.

"Things like the weather here don't bother me at all. In fact, I really like the greyness and the stormy conditions. Besides it never stays too miserable for long and I think the winters here can be really beautiful."

However, Morleigh admits that it was not just the climate she got used to. "I love the way Irish people talk. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard since I moved to Dublin," she said.

"The Irish have a really funny, endearing and insightful way of speaking. It's definitely one of my favourite things about being here: the humour."

Morleigh and The Edge have two children, daughter Sian, 5, and their son, Levi, who is 3. Although the family is living near town while their house in plush Dalkey is being renovated, Morleigh is eager that her children know their roots.

"The kids are being brought up here but they know they're from LA as well. Because of their dad's job I'm the consistent person in their lives."

"It's funny, I never imagined that I would ever end up living in Dublin.There's not one molecule of Irishness in me. But I fell in love and here I am."

cass said:
awwww Congrats Edge and Morleigh
cheers to the first, wishing you many many more.

It will be my 22nd wedding anniversary soon. I really regret not having a white wedding( I wore maroon) I just told hub the other day I am hoping to make a white dress for the night of his 50th birthday party and it will be our secret( renew our vows)...lo and behold I had a dress like Morleigh's up there in mind:)Classic simplicity. Thanks for posting the lovely pics.
Crikes, Edge reminds me of my old man:heart:
I LOVE her dress too! I was thinking that if I ever find anyone to marry, I want one kind of like it.

Congrats to you and your hubby and to Edge and Morleigh!

:heart::love::hug:

Back
Top Bottom