Halloween is coming, Any ideas for costumes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Illumination70

The Fly
In the US, Halloween is a big thing and I was thinking about dressing up as the 2006-version of the "One-Armed Bandit, The Gasoline Pump LOL.
Enough about me, what are you dressing up as on October 31st?

I'm thinking Catholic-school-girl-gone-punk. :rockon: :cool: I've got a great tartan/plaid mini-skirt, a lacey low-cut black top w/a shrug & some kick-ass knee high combat boots.... throw in a pair of fishnets & some darker than normal eyeliner, my own mother probably wouldn't recognize me! :ohmy: :lol:

As for ideas, my best friend & I want to go as Patsy & Edina from "AbFab" one of these years (she's tall, thin, blond; I'm average, chubby, brunette) but we're not sure people would figure us out just from the way we dressed & our fake British accents. :giggle:

You could always try the brainchild of another buddy of mine - he's been wanting to make a giant duck suit & go as the AFLAC duck. This has been his dream for a while now. :coocoo:

Last edited:
Awwww that sucks Rochelle :( :hug: Have to admit though some people in my area for the past couple of years haven't really gotten in the Halloween spirit. Rather disappointing because when I was growing up just about everyone in town made it a big deal. Couldn't imagine going without celebrating.

greeneyedgirl said:
My brother is going to be a deer hunter and his fiance is going to be a deer

:shifty:

I normally just lurk here but I had to say ^that's pretty funny!!

I need ideas for this as I think I'm hosting the party this year for my friends. Hope you guys don't mind me popping in out of this thread - :uhoh:

GG Thats hilarious :lmao:

Halloween isn't a bit thing in the UK. I was amazed last year being in Canada and US at the end of September how much stuff was in the shops for Halloween.

Me and my friend are thinking of having a party this year nad making people dress up. We just fancy having a party really though. :lmao:

Some of the stores around where I live started putting out Halloween stuff in August. As much as I love Halloween I thought that was a bit too soon.

Jem that sounds like a great excuse to throw a party :wink:

I usually lurk too, but snowbunny, you helped me come out!

This isn't exactly halloween, but I'm having a ZooTV Watch Party at my place in honor of the new DVD. I only have 2 other obsessed friends, so I'm dressing as MirrorBall (Wo)man, one is going to be MacPhisto, and the other will be The Fly.

Hope yiz don't mind me posting either. :uhoh:

BluRmGrl said:
I'm thinking Catholic-school-girl-gone-punk. :rockon: :cool: I've got a great tartan/plaid mini-skirt, a lacey low-cut black top w/a shrug & some kick-ass knee high combat boots.... throw in a pair of fishnets & some darker than normal eyeliner, my own mother probably wouldn't recognize me! :ohmy: :lol:
I'd dress like that on a normal occasion :wink:

Now here are a couple of costume ideas I've had (but never gone to the effort to implement):

"Victoria's Secret" Angel:
You've got to be brave to pull this one off. I don't expect anyone to be running around in a bra and panties, but if you have a sort of slip/chemise/nightgown that covers enough skin, but is still unmistakeable as underwear, pair it with some matching highheels and feathery white wings. Throw on a halo of some sort if you like. Keep makeup light and airy. Use silver/shimmery body glitter on your face/shoulders/chest.

Fallen Angel:
The darker side of the angelic. The hardest part is finding a pair of black feathered angel wings to wear. The outfit should be black, goth, and a bit tattered. Black fishnets and boots complete the look. No halos allowed, but maybe some devil horns instead. Makeup should be dark and gothic.

A really fun and easy thing to dress up as is a drag queen - just find the brightest, funkest dress you can, pair it with a feather boa, and wear as bright, over the top make up as you can, with lots of glitter!

I mainly dress up as rock stars or other figures of pop culture, as they usually require minimal effort and cash to find a "costume" (I just dig around in a thrift store or use my own clothes, sometimes I don't even have a costume until half an hour before I leave for school), and allow me to be "in character" all day, which in really fun.

Last year I was Bono, the year before that I was Deborah Harry, and this year I'm thinking of dressing as Kitten from Breakfast on Pluto, or as a Harajuku cosplayer (despite the fact that I tend to dress up like that randomly, not just on Halloween). Either way, I'll porbably hafta learn how to use my sewing machine.

Back
Top Bottom