Hallelujah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rainbow

The Fly
Has any of you ever heard the song Hallelujah, from the Leonard Cohen Tribute album?
It's really nice, Bono doesn't sing, he just talks through the whole song with this really low sexy voice...
biggrin.gif

and then in the churos he (or at least I *think* it's him) sings Hallelujah in a high falsetto...
It's a nice contrast
smile.gif

I just found this CD the other day used.
biggrin.gif

I like it, but has anyone ever heard Jeff Buckley do the same song? Now if U2 had done it like that, it would blow my mind, it would be very emotional, etc. But this version, while very good, leaves me wanting more.

------------------
Proud Owner of Larry's Stick!!!

Bubble poppin' sugar droppin' rock and roll

~*April*~
(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

They are all good versions, but I think I'm partial to the Cohen version. He always seems to know how to present them in the right way, like his new album.

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
I just found this CD the other day used.
biggrin.gif

I like it, but has anyone ever heard Jeff Buckley do the same song? Now if U2 had done it like that, it would blow my mind, it would be very emotional, etc. But this version, while very good, leaves me wanting more.

I could not agree with you more!
I like Bono's version but Jeff's made me cry the first time I listened to it...in public. One of the most beautiful songs ever.
-Blueeyes

Back
Top Bottom