HALFTIME

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's almost the same as the other one, but ah well..

320146_4_1.jpg

------------------
You're talking, you walk
'Cause you can't refuse
Learning to walk
In those dancin' shoes

Originally posted by Gina Marie:

superbowl_6.jpg

HOLY MOTHER OF DROOL!!!!!!!! This picture has just made my day!!! Thank you! Thank you!! Gina the picture wizard!!

------------------
You're talking, you walk
'Cause you can't refuse
Learning to walk
In those dancin' shoes

Originally posted by Can'tSeeOrBeSeen:
I don't know how you do it Gina.... but keep it up!!!!!!! Those pics are great!!!!!

How to do it:

Go to Yahoo.com, type in Reuters Photos in the search, when it comes up, click on 'latest news photos.' Then type 'U2' in the search block at the top of the page, click search, and they will find them and bring them up. It's easy and fun, go for it.

Sorry I didn't notice anything but Bono. *SIGH* Yeah and Edge's butterfly was cool.

------------------

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:
How to do it:

Go to Yahoo.com, type in Reuters Photos in the search, when it comes up, click on 'latest news photos.' Then type 'U2' in the search block at the top of the page, click search, and they will find them and bring them up. It's easy and fun, go for it.

Sorry I didn't notice anything but Bono. *SIGH* Yeah and Edge's butterfly was cool.

Thanks so much!! I'll check it out right now!

------------------
You're talking, you walk
'Cause you can't refuse
Learning to walk
In those dancin' shoes

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
superbowl_3.jpg

Wow, this is a good one. They didn't show such a good angle on tv. (At least not for very long.)
I just watched it again and was able to focus and ignore the audience to a certain extent. I was suprised the band was so on. Bono seemed really happy... He was either able to push the tv obsessed folks out of his head or he was seeing a different part of the audience than I. Maybe he cared more about everbody else who was watching, which he should of.
tongue.gif
smile.gif
Either way, I found it odd but a really good thing. Bravo.

The camera was focused on Bono more than any taped performance I'd seem before, which was too bad.

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

[This message has been edited by On The Edge (edited 02-03-2002).]

Okay, I am still on a high from watching their superbowl performance, I feel like I did when I went to their concert. That was awesome. I was so surprised to hear MLK, and I did notice Bono's voice cracking a little, but it is was still awesome to hear it. And damn those stupid "fans" for throwing their glowsticks at Bono and watching the camera more than the band. I was yelling at the TV and saying, if they only had real U2 fans, none of those fans would even care about the cameras. Oh well, it was awesome. Larry made my night with that mesh shirt and I loved Bono in Red. I do believe that they are reading PLEBA or someone is telling them about PLEBA's fantasies..God Bless you Guys for doing an awesome performance and for being hot damn tamales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress_75 (edited 02-03-2002).]

You guys are hilarious!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I just got home from work (
frown.gif
very sad, but a friend taped Halftime for me, and I'll see it tomorrow.
smile.gif
) -- haven't even loosened the tie yet, I just jumped right in to see what y'all had to say about The Performance. Almost as good as seeing it! Bizarre thing is, just this morning we were admiring Politician Bono. Maybe that's why he was so on at the Superbowl: 'cause he knows what he really LOVES to do. God, he takes my breath away.
Y'all talking about their shirts cracks me up.
biggrin.gif

luv,
Deb D

superbowl_6.jpg

I love this one! Thanks for all the pics girls!

Does anybody have a view of him turned sideways grinning when he was posing like this, that image is so gorgeous!

------------------
"I was born a MacPhisto"

How could I miss the U2 bit
frown.gif
I fell asleep 4 about 20 mins an U2 were on in those 20 mins
frown.gif
I was so tired and would have got an early nite but I wanted to see U2 and then I fell asleep at abou 1.10am and missed it
frown.gif
The pics and wot everyone has sed makes me really really really wish I hadn't missed it
frown.gif
I wish I had watched it downstairs. I knew it was a bad idea watching the superbowl in bed
frown.gif
MLK, Bono looks really nice in da pics, Sparky's pants, Larry's see thru shirt and I missed it all
frown.gif

Oh My God!! The Performance was so good. I was in complete awe for the entire time. I watched it with my family, and afterwards my mom said "Thanks for the entertainment"!! Apparently my whole family was watching my giddiness instead of watching the boys.

I thought of all you guys of course. How the Larry girls would just die since his shirt was see through, and how Elizabeth would want Adam's pants.

Bono in a red shirt!! *Drool*

Holey moley!!!! Last night when I went to bed I felt like I did when I used to come home from the shows, all high on U2!!! I was so pumped from watching 12 measly minutes. It was not enought U2
frown.gif

The worst part about the whole half-time show was watching those STUPID FAKE FANS jumping around in the heart where ALL OF US should've been!!!!!!!
mad.gif

I was estatic seeing the performance (MLK into Streets!!!!! Can you say goosebumps???) But I was also really sad at the same time because I am sorely missing them! They need to finish up that album quickly and get their cutie pattooties BACK ON TOUR IN THE USA!!!!!

------------------
Work like you don't need to
Love like you've never been hurt
Dance like no one is watching

[This message has been edited by u2loopy (edited 02-04-2002).]

[This message has been edited by u2loopy (edited 02-04-2002).]

Originally posted by Bonogirl10:
i dunno if this has been posted or not but enjoy either way.
sb_bonobd.jpg

Good one! I hadn't seen that one, got any more?

------------------
"I was born a MacPhisto"

Adam's shirt - it looked like Darth Vadar when I was watching, but now I think it is a portrait of Christ looking down and to the side with the crown of thorns. The soldier is a possibility also.

What does everyone else think?

------------------
You ain't nothin without a rhythm section.

"Who's to say what it is will break you."

I found some more but some of these might be repeats....but i guess a pic of our guys can never be over posted.
sb_bono2.jpg

sb_band.jpg

sb_completestage.jpg

sb_edge.jpg

sb_jacke.jpg

My coworkers all think that I am nuts now. I have done a good job of minimizing my obsession until now. At lunch today I was sitting alone and remembering the half time show. Then some of my coworkers sat down with me. Of course the topic of Superbowl came up, and we started talking about half time. I kept referring to U2 as "My Boys", and a few times over lunch I went into a *Bono Fuzzies* daze.

One of my coworkers thought that U2 was a new band, and that "Beautiful Day" was there first song. Don't worry, I set her straight!!

------------------
***Spinny***
Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????

Originally posted by mad1:

with his famous delay and mouth lick I now see him do a lot off!!!!!

I know exactly what you mean!!!!

"We are re-applying for the job. What job? *delay, and mouth lick* The best band in the world job."

*sigh*I love him.

------------------
Work like you don't need to
Love like you've never been hurt
Dance like no one is watching

Originally posted by u2loopy:
I know exactly what you mean!!!!

"We are re-applying for the job. What job? *delay, and mouth lick* The best band in the world job."

*sigh*I love him.

I love the mouth lick ... it is now number 898,167,462 on my list of things I love about Bono.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Back
Top Bottom