Half my life ago....U2 were....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
youvedonewhat said:

..Y'know Ms Purrl, you got to have the guys in your life for a long time. I wish that I'd noticed them earlier then I did. They'd been around for years before I finally stood up and took notice. And it took a very sad event in my life to finally find them. Now that I have, their music makes me feel kind of 'at home' if I hear them when I'm away. Does this make any sense? Their music is a safety blanket for me, when I hear them, I smile wherever I may be. They lifted me up when I was down. I don't think I'll ever find another band/kind of music that can do this.

:hug:

I know what you mean. When my sis swandiver and I saw them at Notre Dame on October 10, 2001, so shortly after 9/11 and also our mother's death, it was a really healing experience for us, almost like being in church. I like what you said about their music being a "safety blanket." That's a good way to describe it! :hug: back at you!

MsPurrl said:

I know what you mean. When my sis swandiver and I saw them at Notre Dame on October 10, 2001, so shortly after 9/11 and also our mother's death, it was a really healing experience for us, almost like being in church. I like what you said about their music being a "safety blanket." That's a good way to describe it! :hug: back at you!

Thank you...:hug:

Half my life ago, I was fifteen..hm: 1991. Joshua tree? Actung Baby? Zooropa? I dunno.

Back
Top Bottom