Hair-raising!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

di_g

The Fly
about the new picture released with the album interview...

i love bono, i really do, very very much, but that hair is a bit of a tragedy!
over-styled is beyond an understatement
what was wrong with beautiful day hair (thats my favourite i think) or zoo TV hair or anything?

i know i'm not the only one who thinks this. is there some sort of petition we can do - the "send in the scissors" fund or something l:tongue:

Otherwise its looking very cool... very very VERY cool
:cool: :drool: :bow:

ah what the heck, i love them anyway, dodgy hair or not:D

Deep down, does anyone really care about his f-ing hair?

I love PLEBA, it's fun, but ultimatly, it's the lyrics and the music I care about.

Hmm that's funny over in PLEBA some of us are saying how much we LOVE it! I think it's beautiful :flirt: :love: :combust: :faint:

I do not like Larry or Adam's hair though, Adam needs to dye his blond and Larry needs to grow his out some. Edge is classic cool and handsome. Bono is GORGEOUS. A rock star, especially a front man, needs a great head of hair. I love it :love:

Me after seeing Bono's hair----> :happy:

I think Bono looks so kick ass with that hair, are you kidding?? That's amazing hair on a 40+ year old, he looks 25 in that pic! I've actually even been inspired to grow my hair out!

I've liked the long hair since we first saw it and I like it that colour, wicked rock star...and the shades in the newest pic look like reflective elevation goggles, i love it all!

MrBrau1 said:
I think some people care more about Bono and his hair than the records.

:yes: I agree with you, and I actually feel kind of dumb for noticing the hair first. :reject: It's just a minor side detail....I just really want the music!!

ylimeU2 said:
Deep down, does anyone really care about his f-ing hair?

I love PLEBA, it's fun, but ultimatly, it's the lyrics and the music I care about.

same here. I love hanging out over there but if I never saw another U2 pictures for the rest of my life I wouldn't care. I'd rather have the music.

Poor Bono...will never get rid of discussions about his hair or the lack of it :D...if I were him I would feel like Sansom :lol:

Me? Gimme some music. That´s what´s important. ;)

MT

When I first saw that pic the first thing that grabbed me was the Edge being the only one without shades (it says something about the album I'm sure) and then I noticed Bono's hair. It has a Joshuaey-vibe to it and I think that is so damn cool. Yes, he looks younger.

LOL @ this thread being moved to PLEBA :laugh: especially after it was changing to an 'it's the music that matters' theme. Anybody think maybe they read the last thread where some people said his hair was okay long but needed to be darker and styled neater? :eyebrow: ;)

Well Bono has been getting comments on the hair for years now, that is surely not going to change.

Of course we all care about the music, but it's also true that - women anyway - do look at their appearance, too.
(don't you guys tell me you only like female artists for their songs)

Consider too that all major artists have something called "a stylist" and it's hard to say that the artists themselves don't care AT ALL what they look like.

Since this topic is up, I would say yes and no. Yes for the darker color (thankfully he's gone off the light/red he's been sporting for the last two years), but no to the long hair. Bring back the Beautiful day/Electrical storm haircut.

I am not ashamed to admit it- I do care about their looks as well as the music :reject: I don't feel that way about every band but I've always been physically as well as musically attracted to this one.

Bono has done the right thing with his hair and he looks great. There will always be people who just plain don't like long hair and/or think that 'old' people shouldn't have long hair :rolleyes:. As with music, looks are not always going to please everybody. But I am very pleased right now :yes: ;)

di_g said:

is there some sort of petition we can do - the "send in the scissors" fund or something

I think would be a little disrespectful and crossing a line. :|

I don't like all that much how Bono has his hair on that particular picture but I just love the fact that he is letting it grow a bit more. I don’t think it looks like he is trying too much or whatever, he looks awesome with longer hair. The man is a rock star he needs his kick ass hair! :evil:

I really like the way Adam has his hair right now with the gray, let's see how he looks once he is holding his bass on his cool position up on a stage. I really wish Larry would let his hair grow more. Edge rocks like always. :cool:

But as others said already, in the end it’s the music that REALLY matters (but I do like the fact that they keep trying [and succeeding] to look cool and changing their image a little every new tour and not being stuck with one damn look [like Steven Tyler]).

:wave:

Re: Re: Hair-raising!

TheBrazilianFly said:

I think would be a little disrespectful and crossing a line. :|

So do I. I always have. I never understood comments like this, no one gives fashion advice to anyone else. It's actually insulting. Bono is a millionaire with access to all the fashion in the world and some people act like he needs their advice :rolleyes: Besides, it's just not very nice at all.

but I just love the fact that he is letting it grow a bit more. I don’t think it looks like he is trying too much or whatever, he looks awesome with longer hair. The man is a rock star he needs his kick ass hair! :evil:

:up:

I really wish Larry would let his hair grow more. Edge rocks like always. :cool:

:yes:

Back
Top Bottom