hahaha oh edge!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
"We'd been told that all bands are out of it on stage and so we tried that once in about 1977. And it was such an unmitigated disaster that we vowed at that point that we'd never do it again."

-- Edge, 2002, on performing under the influence

do you really think u2 took drugs in the seventies i thought they had never taken drugs except adam:scratch:

he said out of it so it could be alcihol but then out of it does imply drugs i can see adam doing that bono i can see trying it and edge i can see bono talking into it but i carnt see larry going eny where near drugs:no:

MIKI78 said:
he said out of it so it could be alcihol but then out of it does imply drugs i can see adam doing that bono i can see trying it and edge i can see bono talking into it but i carnt see larry going eny where near drugs:no:

I can remember a quote from somebody, no idea who it was but it was about U2 in the boy era, they were in america for gigs, and smoked pot with the guys telling it... argh I can't remember who said that!

MIKI78 said:

They didn't grow up in a bubble.

i know they didnt gro up in a bubble but theve always insisted they didnt take drugs well bono enyway whats this secret of the universe story:confused:

MIKI78 said:
i know they didnt gro up in a bubble but theve always insisted they didnt take drugs

They have? I've never heard any one of them ever say they never tried drugs before. So what if they have? That quote has been online for years so I don't know why it's so shocking now. Read the Flannigan book.....

well ok evry one reads diffrent things and i dont read biographys no need to be curt it doesnt matter i was just curious that all:happy:

MIKI78 said:
i know they didnt gro up in a bubble but theve always insisted they didnt take drugs well bono enyway whats this secret of the universe story:confused:

i understand what you mean- Bono has insisted in interviews and whatnot that they were never into drugs, more into music etc. doesn't necessarily mean they didn't take drugs. just means they were never into it as heavily as other bands, wasn't important to them, etc :up:

Edgette said:
Edge has taken drugs before.

Anyone remember the "Secret of the Universe" story?

:wink:

:lmao:

Best. Story. Ever.

:D

Also, I believe in a number of interviews B has said that they have been purposely vague about drugs since they don't want whether they took them or not, and such gossip to overshadow their music or something to that effect. :)

Back
Top Bottom