Haha...I've corrupted my nephew!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DML

War Child
I was perplexed where to put this cause it's personal but it's bout U2, so if it's in the wrong place, I'm sorry ...anyway on to the story:

My 5 year old nephew knows the words to Elevation, so yesterday when he was over my house cause I had to baby sit him, so we were playing with legos in my room

Me: Hey...do you want to watch Elevation LIVE?
Leighton: YEAH!!!
Me: YAY! *puts DVD in*
*The two of us are dancing all around to 'Elevation'*
Leighton: *points to Bono* I like him...he's COOOOOOOL
Me: That's Bono...*points to Edge* Today is his birthday, do you want to have a party for him?
Leighton: YEAH!

*Fast forward a few hours* I was sitting in my room doing something and he busts in my room:
Leighton: D! I thought we were gonna have a celebration for Edge!
Me: How about in a minute?
*Leighton goes and plays with legos*
Leighton: D! This lego man can be Edge (the lego man had a hat on like one of Edge's beanies) and can we listen to 'Bono music' when we celebrate Edge?

The End. But aww...he calls U2 'Bono music' AWWW! :happy:
Other random note, he spent the night and he had Spongebob jammies, like his ol Auntie D! The kid is a clone of me!

:up: Awesome! Reel them in while they're young. When I have a family and kids and all that, they WILL listen to U2!

yes, i am guilty of this corruption to nieces and nephews. I have done it to all of mine. including my 2 mth old nephew ( thanks to me he went to the concert while he was in his mother's womb..:) )...anyhow they have all seen ZooTV, POPMart and Elevation live. i am a good Aunt. they all love U2..one of my nephews cannot remember Edge's name..he calls him "stage" and his sister likes to yell out "bono is naked" (she is referring to Mac) ..hahahahaha:mac:

Last edited:
Such a great story!! My 4 yr. old nephew knows who U2 are, but isn't into the music as of yet ( give me time girls:D ) Anyway I get a U2 ZOOROPA CD cover poster and he falls in love with it!! He won't give it back!:scream: Well my brother doesn't like U2 that much , but I tell him that if his kid is taking MY poster, he's going to have to put it in his room OR ELSE:mad:

So the next time I see my nephew he tells me that his dad hung up his "picture" in back of his door!! He was soo excited!! Damn, why in the hell didn't I take this kid to the shows last year:question: Oh well, I told him that HE is going to see U2 next time they come around. MOM says they are not coming back cause they are getting old! I tend to agree to disagree with my mom about such stuff;)

But the good news is that my 5 month old nephew loves U2!! He falls asleep listening to them!:) :angel:

Oh dear...you should SEE what has now become of this! Today he was over at my house again and NOW decided he wants to BE Bono and has started doing BONO impressions, so I put on the Boston DVD and Leighton puts on Bono glasses (but he won't do his Bono role unless he has sunglasses on) and does EVERYTHING Bono does, and he tries to get the rest of us to be various members of the band, so being the WONDERFUL aunt that I am...I decided to play along, so now we have a new fun game that we play called: "U2" (creative, I know ;) ) and yes...we have a picture :laugh:

And we tried to get him to do a Bono mouth...but he didn't quite get it...but he did, without any prompting give the peace sign! haha

IM000726.JPG

DML said:
Oh dear...you should SEE what has now become of this! Today he was over at my house again and NOW decided he wants to BE Bono and has started doing BONO impressions, so I put on the Boston DVD and Leighton puts on Bono glasses (but he won't do his Bono role unless he has sunglasses on) and does EVERYTHING Bono does, and he tries to get the rest of us to be various members of the band, so being the WONDERFUL aunt that I am...I decided to play along, so now we have a new fun game that we play called: "U2" (creative, I know ;) ) and yes...we have a picture :laugh:

And we tried to get him to do a Bono mouth...but he didn't quite get it...but he did, without any prompting give the peace sign! haha

IM000726.JPG

Awwwwwwww! Thats so cute!!!!:cute:

Aww, cute! Keep teaching those kids right;) I'm going to be starting teaching second grade soon and I'm having a hard time resisting putting up U2 when I put up pics to represent the alphabet and numbers, I could put them up twice! ;)

Back
Top Bottom