Had a Bono dream last night!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A stor said:
I have never had a Bono dream, must think pleasant thoughts before bedtime, instead of stressing over bills.

4 suggestions.....

if you have interent at home look at your fav B pics..
....no net?
..... look at any good photos you maght have printed out, or from one of those big articles on the guys from various music mags that highlight U2 w a new album, etc.
ALso play U2 music before you go to sleep!
read some one's Fan :drool: Fic you like.

I've had a few wild dreams w Bono.:drool: But not in a while. :waiting:

:wink:

However I seem to have 2 {reoccuring} kinds of U2 dreams --
one is sort of frustrating>> I or friends w me are going to look at a particular club where it is rumoured they are going to do a surprise concert.

It's funny because it occurs always in a Lower Manhattan/ east of Wall Street that mixes Financial Institutions,and other types of businesses. While it dosen't look exactly like the real place, it does sort of look like it.
It's frustrating because usually I/we don't find them/ or good info.

The other reoccurring one is where I/ friends DO get to a U2 show because we have tixs, OR have actually found :yippie: their secret, surprise show in time > whether club, thearter or stadium-size venues. Sometimes we get to meet/see them before or after the show.

The one I had last night {outta>>
me and a friend made it to a suddenly announced show. We were afraid we wouldn't be able to see them from the seats we had in the balcony. But we were just able to.
Among the songs- sang one old rarity...my friend & I looked at each other "oh, yeah"!.

Then suddenly the show is over and we were running on the street to see where they were exiting from.
Though we had been in a theater, we suddenly were rounding the corner of the Madison Square Garden :wink: :lol: northwest block ( across from the BIG post Office).
Then we were looking across the street...to a building that dosen't exist in the real place, and Bono & Edge come strolling out.......while Bono had looked like his JT/R&H days in the show- he now looked like his current self. But Edge was several inches taller than he really is, which made poor B look even shorter!

I was brginning to fall behind, trying to catch up....and woke up. :|
So it goes sometime.

( i also have concert dreams of Bruce/E St , The Who & sometimes Patti SMith & her band and Television. All my favorite LIVE Performers {as well as fav bands)

Last edited:
Rachel D. said:

It also turns people into morons.

So it slows people down a bit, what does it matter to you? The effect doesn't last long and it's unlikely to have any or much addictive quality.

The only people against legalizing marijuana are naive right-wingers. There is really no reason why it shouldn't be legal today.

Rachel D. said:

It also turns people into morons.

You shouldn't blame the cannabis for that... honestly, that doesn't turn people into morons, it just shows how much of a moron the person already was...

I usually get a cameo by one of the lads in my dreams, even if just for a second.

Makes the nightmares a little easier to swallow.. had a bad one last night.. and no U2 showed up to save me :giggle:

Bono made an appearance late in my dreamstate last night.

I had a very :censored: previous half of the dream.. and sadly no it didn't involve Bono :evil: but then it shifted and I was trying to catch a ferry.. called the Bono :giggle: My brain is so imaginative with names. Anyway, the ferry turned into a train and guess who came and sat by me. :wink:

He asked where I was going and I said Dublin.. lol. I hope that train turned back into a ferry when we hit the Atlantic Ocean.

It was nice. We sat and chatted a bit and every once in awhile he'd write a few words down on the notepad he had.

Last edited:
I had a dream the other night that I was with Edge for some reason riding in his car. He was really nice and we talked about stuff. We went somewhere that was really crowded (I think it was an airport) and then ended up at my house. I then found out that he was going to stay here for the summer! :faint:

Larry this time

I had a Larry dream this time!.....

I was sitting with him and I wanted to take his picture. He keeped turning his head not wanting me to take it. When I finally did take it I looked at and said that he looked like he did during the Joshua Tree!

:lmao:

For the first time in many months, I had a U2 dream again last night. It was kind of short and confusing, but also quite funny. I dreamt I saw a PopMart concert (I was a bit disappointed in my dream because it is my least favourite tour), and Bono came out in his muscle shirt and behaved like a total madman. Almost immediatly after coming on stage he raced up the stairs into where the audience was and jumped on some barrier (how typical of him :giggle: ). People were really shocked because it happened so fast and unexpected. One guy even ran away. I found that very funny and woke up laughing.

When my pterodactyl alarm clock went off this morning, I was dreaming I was at Red Rocks . . . with Johnny Depp. Talk about the best of two worlds! :sexywink: I didn't want to wake up!

MsPurrl said:
When my pterodactyl alarm clock went off this morning, I was dreaming I was at Red Rocks . . . with Johnny Depp. Talk about the best of two worlds! :sexywink: I didn't want to wake up!

Johnny Depp ..and... U2? :drool: I'll bet your cursed that alarm clock of yours..:mad:

...:tsk: friggin' alarm clox... :madspit:

Bono and Edge made a late appearance in my dream last night. I was on a bus, we were headed to a fair and we were all expected to present something really fantastic to show at the fair. One guy had a male lion with him, on the bus. There were animal acts and a weird helmet that would let me wear a ball cap whilst I played hockey (it wouldn't fit)

So anyway, after awhile I realize I don't have anything so I recruit my friend to play some music whilst I stake out the rest of the fair.

I find a stall and the guy hands me a dart, tells me to throw it at a blokes head right in front of me. I make a face and he assures me the guy will be fine. I throw it and the dart loops up and lands on the board. They have a cd section, I get to U2 (where they've drawn a picture of the War kid) and there are no cd's.

A lightbulb goes on in my head. It flips back to the bus, I'm playing Sunday Bloody Sunday on guitar. I seem to remember Edge being there, the sound gets louder and louder and then I introduce Bono like a soccer announcer. Sure enough, Bono comes onto the bus.

He leads the singing on the bus.

Then I woke up.

Re: Larry this time

smk1379 said:
I had a Larry dream this time!.....

I was sitting with him and I wanted to take his picture. He keeped turning his head not wanting me to take it. When I finally did take it I looked at and said that he looked like he did during the Joshua Tree!

:lmao:

Maybe that means he finally cut his greasy long hair! One can only hope! :lol:

My god! I think if I'll ever have such a dream I'll declare myself insane and give up all that u2 stuff...:rolleyes:

Well, good to know I'm not the only one who has dreams with them in it! :lol:

Last night I had a dream that I met Bono. It was like a whole load of other random crap leading up to it though. But basically, I'd gone to see a show on their new tour with my sister and then the next thing I knew, I was talking to him and I got a hug.

Why? In a dream, anything is possible. Thank God. We have to be rational all day long. I like to experience irrational stuff when I'm sleeping.

:wink:

01AwcAX1IjCMMAAAABAAAAAAAAAAA:.jpg

I dreamed I came over to Bono's house to work on his computer & then went into some sort of trance & he was singing Touch my Body & we were playing in the back yard & leading unicorns around. (Ok I didn't dream it--I just replaced Mariah Carey with him in that stupid video she does. ) :ohmy:

Had a very interesting and quite realistic Bono/U2 dream last night.

There were a lot of people involved: friends, family, some of my students. It seemed like there was a big party going on. We were in a foreign city, somewhere abroad, looked Italian to me, and the streets were crowded with people. Then there were also U2, don't ask me what they did there, but all of them chatted with fans, gave autographs and a lot of fans had their pictures taken with them. Me as well! Bono was the last and I was quite nervous. I had a very new and expensive looking camera and was a little worried that the person who took the picture of Bono and myself would mess up.

Then there was a lot of chaos and my camera was stolen. It was horrible! I complained to everywone I met and cried a lot. All I could talk about were the lost pictures of Bono and me!

Later we went into a movie theatre, obviously to watch U23D. It was a HUGE cinema and it was totally full of people. I was so worried about my pictures that I jumped out of my seat before the film started and yelled through the cinema like a total idiot. I said: Whoever has taken my camera, please give it back to me!

There wasn't much hope left in me, but suddenly some fat guy came down to us and gave me my camera back! :lol: He didn't say anything and I was too happy to be upset.

Later on there was a big party.

I've had a couple interesting ones, none recently though.

In one, Bono was singing Miracle Drug and throwing asprin at the audience. Then Larry got up to sing and Bono went to the side of the stage and stood next to me. I was filming Larry. Bono stood behind me and thought it was really funny to sneakily throw ping pong balls at myhead. Then he admired my camera and told me we could be friends.

In another one the band was playing a show in my theatre but I couldn't find my way backstage. When I finally did, their stuff was all loaded up and ready to go. I asked Bono for an autograph and he drew me this gorgeous watercolor painting of a butterfly. As he was drawing, get this, his shirt blew up and he had a tattoo of himself on his back!!!! :lmao:
Then I asked Edge to sign a piece of wood for me and he just poured his beer on it and walked away.

Hilarious what the subconscious comes up with!

^:ohmy: how awful is that!
I mean, I've never ever had a dream like that, but if I had to dream, I would definetly prefer unicorns dream! (please)
:lol:

I think it's an hilarious dream, very funny! I would definitly prefer funny U2 dreams to the chaotic and often awful ones I usually have.

I had a bizarre dream the other night. I dreamed that I was watching one of those entertainment shows (like Entertainment Tonight or something) and they were saying that the U2 band members were trying to climb a mountain. They only got part way and realized that they need some extra gear to get to the top, but they don't know how to use it. So someone (it might have been Daniel Lanois and/or Brian Eno, I'm not sure) was going to go up the mountain and help them climb to the top. And I was worried about them! I thought, "Oh no, mountain climbing is dangerous!" :ohmy:

And then I woke up and wondered if getting to a mountain top is symbolic of something. Maybe something to do with the album, like its subject matter...? :scratch: Strange. :huh:

I had a weird dream last night. It started of really random nothing to do with U2, then i was with my boyfriend somewhere similar to Manchester City Football Stadium ( for a concert i think?, though there was no concert on that i saw). I spotted Bono walking through the crowd and shouted him over. Then i asked him for a picture with him which he posed for. Then he said " Meet me at ( insert name of hotel in Manchester where the band stay ) tommorow between 10am and 12pm." So me and my boyfriend set off the next morning asked one of the hotel staff where Bono was as we were told to meet him there. We were told he was heading to the lifts. We managed to catch up with him and get in the lift with him, then my boyfriend ( whos an electrician ) pulled out this light fitting out of his pocket and some tools and started to replace the light in the lift. :eyebrow:

Then i woke up. :lmao:

:shrug: I always have weird dreams. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom