Guggi Art Exhibition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niamh_Saoirse

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Guggi and family

guggiflia.jpg

Gav and Guggi

gavguggi.jpg

Andrea and Guggi

andreaguggi.jpg

Ali and Guggi

aliguggi.jpg

aliguggi2.jpg

I like how the entire Guggi-family has the same hairstyle! :cute:

... and Gavin is looking so :cool:!

:D

Thanks for posting Flavia and tootty! :up:

:hmm: I recognize Guggi with his wife and children, Gavin, Ali, and Andrea Corr. Who are some of the other people in these pictures?

BTW there are several recent articles about Guggi and his artwork posted in the News and "In the Press" forums at gavinfriday.com.

Last edited:
MooMoo! said:
hes got a bit of a thing about bowls. :eyebrow:

And for quite a long time now, too! I can't shake the feeling that if I had known Bono when we were kids, I'd have health insurance today....:yes: How many shows with this theme, and to be honest, I always thought so much of his stuff looked like year one art school studies. It has to be ten years at least since his first, well, "bowl show!" :shrug:

And I'm surprised at Mr. Friday, he's really starting to look like an enforcer who hangs around OTB/the old Fulton Fish Market, you know, "watch your mouth or I'm calling Knuckles McGuirk?" :wink:

yolland said:
:hmm: I recognize Guggi with his wife and children, Gavin, Ali, and Andrea Corr. Who are some of the other people in these pictures?

BTW there are several recent articles about Guggi and his artwork posted in the News and "In the Press" forums at gavinfriday.com.

Well, there is Ronan Keating in a few pics, one with Ali and in 2 pics with Guggi. In one he is wearing a cap.

Then, the indian looking guy (don't mean to sound offending :reject: ) is also an artist. I think his name is Roche or something. I believe I read somewhere he's got some of his paintings up in the Clarence.

Don't know who the blonde lady is...

kellyahern said:

I like the ones where they look like the bowls are glowing :).

Me too. We were looking at them at work and that was my favorite. Not for over ten grand though!

Wow, sorry to say this but Andrea Corr is absolutely gorgeous. I really dislike her music - boring lyrics.

But she really is the most beautiful woman in Ireland (sorry Ali)

Bono's Doll said:
He has a nice looking family. I wish there were pix of his artwork.

As an artist myself so do I! I have fantasies about Bono seeing some of my work and liking it, at least. They say a girl can dream...........yeah, :drool: :drool: :drool: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Gavin once said that the reason Guggi painted bowls, and had the longest hair of any man in Dublin, is a psychological reaction to his dad giving him bowl haircuts as a kid! :lmao:

The long blond hair family is gorgeous. :up: Where is FS, she'd love this! :(

U2Kitten said:
Gavin once said that the reason Guggi painted bowls, and had the longest hair of any man in Dublin, is a psychological reaction to his dad giving him bowl haircuts as a kid! :lmao:

:lol: You just gotta :heart: those guys! :lol:

FEELINNUMB said:

And for quite a long time now, too! I can't shake the feeling that if I had known Bono when we were kids, I'd have health insurance today....:yes: How many shows with this theme, and to be honest, I always thought so much of his stuff looked like year one art school studies. It has to be ten years at least since his first, well, "bowl show!" :shrug:

And I'm surprised at Mr. Friday, he's really starting to look like an enforcer who hangs around OTB/the old Fulton Fish Market, you know, "watch your mouth or I'm calling Knuckles McGuirk?" :wink:

I actually really like Guggi's bowl paintings and sculptures, but I can't help agree with some of your remarks. As much as I hate to say this, because he seems like a really nice person from what I've heard/read, I doubt Guggi's work would draw as much attention as it has or sell at such high prices if it were not for his friendship with Bono. And what other artist could get away with producing virtually the same work over and over, year after year?

maude said:

I actually really like Guggi's bowl paintings and sculptures, but I can't help agree with some of your remarks. As much as I hate to say this, because he seems like a really nice person from what I've heard/read, I doubt Guggi's work would draw as much attention as it has or sell at such high prices if it were not for his friendship with Bono. And what other artist could get away with producing virtually the same work over and over, year after year?

Don't get me wrong, I like the feel of his work, and the bowl paintings, in the beginning. But I think all you say is true -- I don't think that makes Guggi a hack, but it does make him a hell of a lot luckier than most artists, and I would like to think that that advantage would be used to push the boundaries of his work. I know and have known people who do that on no hot water and cat food, who would kill for a shot at entering one work in a group show. :(

Back
Top Bottom