Guess what I saw while walking around today!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bbug

Acrobat
A bus that was covered completely in an ad for U2, the best of 90-2000. It made me SO very happy :) :)

(There was even that pic of larry with his shirt open, in shades and smiling. :combust: )

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Has anyone else seen random U2-eyness while out and about lately??

*edited because of smiley mishap

weeeell.. I was at a bday party the other night... and the girl who's party it was, turned out to be sort of U2 fan herself ^_^
she said her older sister always listened to them in the 80's and that's why...
so we of course took over the CD-Player (it was HER party and HER player.. we had every right to do so!) and popped in The Greatest Hits 1980 - 1990 :happy:
yeah.. and then my other friend (who always has to suffer from my U2 babbling) turns around during ISHFWIALF and asks me: "THAT is U2??? I looove that song!!" and then WOWoY came on and again "Is that U2 too?" I just grinned and nodded
the same was with 1 or 2 other songs :D she finally declared shemhad to come over to listen to some of my U2 stuff *yay*
I'll have to try and gently and sneakily (so she won't notice) push her into U2 fandom :happy:

Last edited:
Hmmmm, I'm sorta surprised that they would be doing bus advertising so long after the latest Best Of came out :scratch:

I did catch the "U2" in the opening credits of the Matrix :D

Umm.. what's ISHFWIALF? I was in the city yesterday & I saw a sign on a wall that said look for a rattle, and buy a war- like it was a scavenger hunt or something , and the people were supposed to buy War

Bbug said:

Has anyone else seen random U2-eyness while out and about lately??

No, but the While You Were Out episode with the question about the favorite band being U2 was rerun this weekend.

Re: Re: Guess what I saw while walking around today!?

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

No, but the While You Were Out episode with the question about the favorite band being U2 was rerun this weekend.

*GAH!* I was watching that on Saturday?? :scratch: I don't remember - but it was the episode where they turn the backyard into a Korean something-or-other. I only got to see half of it.

Bugger me. Did the person get the question right? 'Cause the chick whose husband was out got only one question out of 3 right. :der:

Moonie :D

Ohhhh I wish Brisbane buses had pics of U2 on them ... the bus I caught today was plastered in an ad for cough medicine :huh: How boring!

I am happy though because ever since Best of 1990-2000 came out, one record shop in the city has had a wall-sized poster of U2 (the pic from the back of the Best of) outside of the shop, for the whole world to see. Hooray!

And I have also been hearing ISHFWILF on tv ads for World Vision :D

I was reading Allure at the hair salon today (June issue)

There's a section asking celebrities what they see when they look in the mirror (s'thing like that)

They have Bono, and he says " I see a five foot eight ( :shifty: :sexywink: ) rock star - the stage is just a platform"

That's probably not the exact quote, but anyway :wink:

I didn't catch it the first time - it is during the last part of the *opening* credits, a square comes up and 'U2' is on the left side of the box (sideways) :D

I'm not sure this counts, but I thought it was cool. One of my students (I teach highschool boys) told me last week that he couldn't get enough of the song "Drowning Man". Until then, I really never really paid much attention to that cut so I started listening to that and everything else on War again. Sometimes my students teach me.:dance:

ohohoh.. I catched th eU2 in the Matrix opening too... ^_^
It hd openingnight in Germany last night... :thud:
Anyways.. and you know.. my very favorite Agent Smith... when he turns up the 1st time in the headlights of the car.. I couldn't help but humming/ singing.. "baby bayby light my way..." :combust:
:wink:

A commercial for a charity event came on the radio this morning and the backing music was the opening riff to Mysterious Ways over and over and over and over and over. I was tyring to communictae "skim milk" to the Dunkin Donuts person so all I know was that it was a children's charity, not which one, but a U2 song backing it might actually make more sense than I thought!

Back
Top Bottom