guess what happened today at school...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

souLnation2002

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
okay, don't guess.. i'll just tell you

so in first period, we've just taken our homework out and had begun to correct a few questions. the fire alarm goes off, and we were sort of excepting that, because you know how it is, first week of school there's always a fire alarm check. so we file out of the school, and stand nicely in line.

anyways, we stand there for about 20 minutes, wondering when we get to go back to class, cos it was so cold out. then three police cars pull up and we ask the teachers whats going on, they say they don't know. so the police men come out with this sniffer dog, you know, the ones you see on tv? and we figure that its a drug bust. so we sit outside on the field for about an hour and a bit.... and then the fire bell rings and we go back inside.

the principal comes on the p.a. system and tells us what happened. she said they recieved a telephone call and there was a bomb threat on our school. that was pretty scary. at lunch time, about 60% of the school signed out...

:ohmy:

:eek:

When I was a junior in high school, a kid brought weapons to school and apparently tried to hold the entire freshman class hostage during an assembly. The school tried to cover it up, and it was this huge deal. :huh:

meegannie said:
:eek:

When I was a junior in high school, a kid brought weapons to school and apparently tried to hold the entire freshman class hostage during an assembly. The school tried to cover it up, and it was this huge deal. :huh:

OMG!!!!!
THAT IS TERRIBLE!
:shocked: :( :ohmy:

*BOOMCHAA!* said:

OMG!!!!!
THAT IS TERRIBLE!
:shocked: :( :ohmy:

It was crazy. The only way people knew about it was through word of mouth from the freshmen, and the school tried to downplay it. Then they apologized later after the school shootings in Paducah, KY.

Yeah, Bomb Threats are no fun!

When I was a senior in high school, we had one at our school. The police and the drug dogs were there and everything. First they checked to make sure the gym was safe and then they had everyone in the school congregate there while they searched the rest of the building. They didn't even tell us what was going on at first, but it seemed like we were in there forever!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

My school got bomb threats CONSTANTLY... they'd just drag in the SWAT team and we'd continue on our lunch.
SWAT team: *runs through lunch room*
Me: ANOTHER ONE?!

oh and in middle school turned out the guy in the seat behind me on the bus had a gun once

we made it on MTV news one day too, but that's another story

Last edited:
I have never gotten a bomb threat at my schools but I have had ppl bring guns to school!

Geez Kristie! do you me threats or threads bc ya typed in THREADS!

:ohmy: That's really scary, especially with what's going on the world today.

When I was in 11th grade (1983), we had a pipebomb go off in a trash can in the senior quad...a janitor saw it and reached in to pick it up just as it went off and he lost an ear and was burned really bad. We all heard it go off but no one would tell us what happened...they just herded all of us into the gym and made us stay there for hours until they searched the whole school.

I found out later that 3 or 4 kids had built it in their garage, just down the street from my grandma's house. They found a bunch more bombs that the kids had planned on using at school and in our neighborhood. I don't understand why people do these kinds of things. School should be safe :|

Last edited:
We used to get them all the time at my school too. Once I remember was when I had gotten my tonsils out and some girl left a note on her desk saying how she was going to bomb the school and what not...she never came back to school. Then I think it was junior year, one of our rival schools was gonna bomb our school down during one of our school concerts and our school planned on not telling us about it. Wonderful. :tsk: My mother was telling me about how some kids wanted a day off of school so they threw baby powder all down the hall and claimed it was anthrax. So now because they wanted a day off of school, they are sitting in jail where they should be. All this violence in schools makes me sick.

That is horrible....

I remember back in my day....back when dinosaurs roamed the earth....;)

Whenever there was a bomb threat, no one took it seriously...they would just herd us outside the building like a regular fire alarm....yeah the whole place could've blown up and we would be sitting along the outside walls of the school :rolleyes:

oh yes..bomb scares..i onder how many times i have had to go out in front of the school and freeze my arse off because of some dumb-arsed kid..*sigh* but what can i say? 5 people have died. 5 people in my school, all students, in one week. that's even worse. :( in fact, one of the people's funeral was this afternoon*uber sigh* he was a senior.

edited: his funeral was today, many students left and went there, how could i have missed that? sheesh.

Last edited:
Year before last we had a spell of about 2 or 3 a week. It was always just some kid, and a couple of them went to juvenile hall. I didn't like having to stand outside in the cold rain for 3 hours. It got really old. Nothing shocks me anymore.

Blueberry Muffin said:
Year before last we had a spell of about 2 or 3 a week. It was always just some kid, and a couple of them went to juvenile hall. I didn't like having to stand outside in the cold rain for 3 hours. It got really old. Nothing shocks me anymore.

aww i dunnoo about here..it's pretty shocking, one of the girls who died was my age, my grade..i talked to her a few times, she was so cool- and now she's gone..and just knowing they're gone, especially at this point in their lives, clings to me. *sigh* :slant:

Last year we had a lock down because someone broke into one of the doors in the back of the school and had two riffles on him. Scary as hell, my best bud was in the hall way when it went down and hes little enough to stuff himself in his locker so he locked himself in.

I would have done that if I were him.
:ohmy:

Jam Jar said:

aww i dunnoo about here..it's pretty shocking, one of the girls who died was my age, my grade..i talked to her a few times, she was so cool- and now she's gone..and just knowing they're gone, especially at this point in their lives, clings to me. *sigh* :slant:

:sad: :hug:

My school is 80 years old and we've only had 2 incidents with bombs. In the 70's someone had a bomb go off in their locker. All it did was blow up a few lockers. About a year before I came to this school (I was in grade 8) we had a bomb threat. And guess who had to help look for the bomb? The Tech crew at my school. I find that scary cos I'm good friends with Tech crew and help them out sometimes. They are cool. They can easily get the keys to every room in my school. Once I was there at night (10:00pm) and they showed us (jazz band) the boiler room (one of them - we have 2). There are all these tunnels off the boiler room that go all around our footbal field. We even have a bomb shelter and a sniper room somewhere cos our school is so old. In the old boiler room (not the tunnels one) there are these really old blueprints.
My school had also burt down. Well, sections of it. This was back ALONG time ago when they were adding the addition. The front part of the school burnt down so they started construction to rebuild it. They were halfway finished and it collapsed. No one was hurt though. Rumour has it the old cafeteria is still under the front parking lot and there is supposedly a time capsule there too.
I :heart: my old school! Cept the AC sucks!

interestingly enough, last night at soccer practice, i heard that a few other schools got bomb threats as well.... but on sept 11th, not the 12th, like my school.... whats wrong with the world, eH? :|

We had a bomb threat at my highschool, or at least I think it was. That's one thing I HATED about my school, they treated us like children and NEVER told us what was going on....anyway, we all had to go across the parking lot and sit on the floor of this church for like three hours while the sniffing dogs did their thing.

Wednesday night, I was in my first chem lab here at college, and it already sucked being my birthday and having my last of five classes being chem lab from 6:30-10 pm, so I was there working and the fire alarm went off. No one knew what to do, even our genius teacher who has a PhD and is only 28 (he's really hot too, but already married....happens EVERYTIME, lol) so we all wandered outside and no one else was around b/c who frickin else is crazy enough to have a damn science lab at that godforsaken hour (can you sense some bitterness here?). Anyway, there is no point to this story because we stood outside for a while and went back in and finished the stoopid lab. :banghead:

When I was a freshman or sophmore, there was a bomb threat at the middle school that was right next to our high school. They had all of the middle school students pile into the gym at the high school and most of them went home. I don't think there was a bomb though, just a stupid prank.

After Columbine, someone chopped down a tree in front of our school, and the principal called it an "act of violence". I don't advocate vandalism or anything but if that was the worst that happened at our school we should feel pretty lucky.

Back
Top Bottom