Grammy rehearsals today! Guess who's going? ;-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm starting to think that McCartney is gonna win the Album of the Year award :hmm:

Hmmm, I was thinking Mariah or Kanye...they have the most noms?:shrug:

I hope U2 wins:wink:

I don't think he (McCartney) has a chance, just because he is there. Then again, I only heard one or two songs from the album. I did see him live though. The rumors I've read is that it's a race between Kanye West & U2, with Mariah not far behind :shrug:

Last edited:
Lila64 said:
I don't think he (McCartney) has a chance, just because he is there.

That's why I think he wins. McCartney very rarely shows up at award shows unless he is to win something.

Those photos are great! Can't wait to see this tomorrow. It's gonna be sweet. :drool:

'Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own' will likely be performed as it is a nominee for Song. The tilt screen may show visuals similar to those in the concert (my guess).

ntalwar said:
'Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own' will likely be performed as it is a nominee for Song. The tilt screen may show visuals similar to those in the concert (my guess).

But they played that song at the Grammys last year. I don't think they'd do it again.

Carmelu2fan said:
Hmmm, I was thinking Mariah or Kanye...they have the most noms?:shrug:

I hope U2 wins:wink:

:yes: I'm thinking one of those two will win Album of the year...due to the fact that they had better album sales, better radio airplay and more popularity over the past year than U2....but U2 still has a chance cause HTDAAB is a better album...music wise :wink:

Vertigo would be odd since it already won a Grammy last year .
I made my guess of SYCMIOYO because the Academy likes to showcase Song of the Year nominees, and last year SYCMIOYO was simply the latest single, I believe. I would like to be surprised with another song though.

AtomicLemon said:
Ok - posting from a secret location ... :wink:

The set is freaking amazing! The bottom is round and filled with lights - liek a target, of course ;-) The top is round and comes down, it tilts and has a video screen -- You all will LOVE IT!

Again, I wont post what they sing, or any photos of the guys. I am pushing it posting these:

grammy88iw.jpg

rehearsal02079fi.jpg

grammy37da.jpg

grammy79un.jpg

grammy16pn.jpg

grammy24kv.jpg

grammy88ad.jpg

:bow: Thanks for the pictures...amazing! I love the stage design :drool:

ntalwar said:
Vertigo would be odd since it already won a Grammy last year .
I made my guess of SYCMIOYO because the Academy likes to showcase Song of the Year nominees, and last year SYCMIOYO was simply the latest single, I believe. I would like to be surprised with another song though.

:hmm: I could see either ABOY, COBL, OOTS, Miracle Drug or Love and Peace being played instead. :shrug:

Last edited:
U2Fanatic4ever said:

Exactly! They did it last year. What happened to the rumor that they were doing Vertigo and One with Mary j Blige?:huh:

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that they don’t play Vertigo

COBL was also nominated - so that could be it. Hopefully, they'll do the confetti drop.

Back
Top Bottom