Grammy pre-show pictures + Rehearsal Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
These pics are making me so excited!! :hyper: :hyper: Is it tomorrow yet?!

I love Ellen too, so it will be great to see what she has to say about the Grammy's later this week.

one4u2 said:

I love how he's wearing some sort of pass on his jacket, as if he needs ID :wink:

In this photo released by Warner Bros., talk show host Ellen DeGeneres, left, chats backstage at the Grammy rehearsals with U2 lead singer Bono, right, during a location shoot for 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show' at Staples Center in Los Angeles Tuesday, Feb.7, 2006. The Grammy awards will be telecast Wednesday. This segment airs Thursday. AP Photo/Warner Bros., Chris Polk) :hyper:

Oh great! Thanks for saying when that segment was going to be on -- was wondering. Appreciate that. All these pics! Wow! :love:

two more then bedtime :wave:

f161e5ff.jpg

eb5b3782.jpg

thanks for the info about the Ellen show, one4u2 :)

one4u2 said:

I love how he's wearing some sort of pass on his jacket, as if he needs ID :wink:

In this photo released by Warner Bros., talk show host Ellen DeGeneres, left, chats backstage at the Grammy rehearsals with U2 lead singer Bono, right, during a location shoot for 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show' at Staples Center in Los Angeles Tuesday, Feb.7, 2006. The Grammy awards will be telecast Wednesday. This segment airs Thursday. AP Photo/Warner Bros., Chris Polk) :hyper:

:hyper: Thanks for the heads up (I hope it airs though...I know it will....but I have this underlying fear of stuff they say is going to air...but never do or show the wrong thing! :shrug: ). I've always liked Ellen :hug:

But then again....I heard that she always wanted to do an interview with Bono.

Lila64 said:
I don't catch her show often enough. I love the first 5 minutes - love to watch her getting down, dancing thru the audience,...
dance2.gif

Lila:lmao: That is my favorite part of the show too!! The guest love to dance with her!! I would like to see Bono and Ellen boggie.
:dance: :dance:

your smiley:lmao:

ThoraSEB said:

:up: :up:

I'll definitely be doing that as well! I can't wait!! Getting my VCR all primed and ready to go. :hyper: I don't want to tape all of it, just the parts when U2 is on, so hopefully it won't be too difficult to figure out when those parts will be on.

Please, just put in a tape and let it go, you'll miss stuff like cutaway shots and things you just don't see coming. I did that for the Golden Globes in '94, I knew Bon was there, but they began with an overhead shot, and there was this GUY there with this HAT on, visible from above....they gave a special award to Gregory Peck, and cutaway to a shot of Edge giving him a standing O that is TO DIE FOR!

I can't get enough of them, but I pray they skip the red carpet, I think it is a humiliation beyond redemption, the idea of them talking to Joan Rivers and Missy, dear Lord, no way! And whatever jackass they have on from E!, no, about time rock and roll redrew the dork line, and that's the place to start.

FEELINNUMB said:

I can't get enough of them, but I pray they skip the red carpet, I think it is a humiliation beyond redemption, the idea of them talking to Joan Rivers and Missy, dear Lord, no way! And whatever jackass they have on from E!, no, about time rock and roll redrew the dork line, and that's the place to start.

So what, you don't want to see the gals in their lovely frocks?:drool:

biff said:

So what, you don't want to see the gals in their lovely frocks?:drool:

Oh fucking hell, they're wearing FROCKS????

Thought they got all of that out of their systems in Berlin....:wink:

i read in a magazine that they are nominated for 5, but have best rock album locked up. i hope they do win all five though. if not, i am emailing the grammy folks... cuz if their winners are based on popular votes, then u2 would clinch it - HTDAAB was triple platinum! :D

FEELINNUMB said:

Please, just put in a tape and let it go, you'll miss stuff like cutaway shots and things you just don't see coming. I did that for the Golden Globes in '94, I knew Bon was there, but they began with an overhead shot, and there was this GUY there with this HAT on, visible from above....they gave a special award to Gregory Peck, and cutaway to a shot of Edge giving him a standing O that is TO DIE FOR!

Good point! :) I mean, I may as well. I have a ton of empty videos that are waiting to be filled up with U2 stuff. What's 3+ hours in the long run?! Those cutaway shots would be good to capture.

I am also so nervous and it excited. It is going to be a long day. :) I have never done the red carpet before. This is my first time showing up at the Grammy's. I hope i get to see them. :)

mysticchild said:
I am also so nervous and it excited. It is going to be a long day. :) I have never done the red carpet before. This is my first time showing up at the Grammy's. I hope i get to see them. :)

Lucky you!!! can you drive a little bit north and pick me up? :wink:
Have fun and report in! If you want to text message me, PM your number. :wave:

Bono-Podium.jpg
Bono-Podium2.jpg
Bono_Blackwell_Portnow.jpg

there's 15 more with Blackwell, etc., but are similar and I'll leave that to the experts :up:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom