Grammy pre-show pictures + Rehearsal Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My recorder didn't record please , please ,please how maney did they win ,I saw record of the year and album of the year . I missed their performance , what did they play ???

Oh man, I should be in bed already, because the DirectTV guy is supposed to come tomorrow morning to install our dish, but I am too high on Grammys excitement to sleep! Plus I had Mountain Dew Code Red tonight, and that's like more sugar and caffeine than I've had in months. :hyper:

I watched the whole show at my brother's place, and I loved all of it except things like Mariah Carey and Coldplay's performances :tongue:

I am so excited that U2 won everything they were nominated for :applaud: I cheered for them alot :D Unfortunately I missed the backstage interview and the beginning of Vertigo, because I was in the kitchen getting food and my brother wouldn't stop talking to me about something or other :mad:

Not happy about One, because I've never liked Mary J. Blige, but Bono looked lovely, I love his new leather jacket. Larry... *sigh* I was hoping he would've cut and washed his hair by now. Bah. :tsk:

I'm just so damned proud of our boys! Oh, I wish Bono had said "fuck" on TV though. Screw the FCC, that would've made me so happy :lol: I think he was about to say "shit" though. Bless. Something about "cleaning up elephant *pause* dirt" He must've thought better about it.

Other highlights of the evening for me: Paul McCartney singing Helter Skelter. OMG. I nearly fell over. I was like "OMG! HELTER SKELTER!" And of course Bruce Springsteen, god he's hot. And lots of other stuff too. I just loved the whole thing. :hyper:

I should try to get some sleep.

Well, I'm finally back, now that the show's over. SO happy that our boys won all 5!!! :hyper: :hyper: I was definitely not expecting that to happen. My best friend and I were screaming and laughing together on the phone when they won. Fun times.

God, that is so awesome. I found the show pretty boring, except for the parts when U2 was on, and a few other things that I can't remember right now.

Tonight was an awesome night for our boys. Going to go drool at the pics and other threads for a bit before heading to bed.

Hey Thora! :wave:

Still don't like the 3 hour delay.
But staying offline till after the show and being surprised, was totally worth it!!!

What a GREAT night for u2!!!
WOW!!
5 out of 5.
Who would have thought?!
It was what I was hoping for.
But I didn't think it was gonna happen.
Too afraid to think it would actually come true.
So many extra-ordinary fellow nominees.

Now that all is said and done, now that it's all over with, I think the grammy win that excites me the most is the one for song of the year: SYCMIOYO!
Imagine being in Bono's shoes right now.
It seems almost impossible.
But I'm sure it must be very special and extremely meaning- and powerfull.

Wow again.

And one more ( WOW ) to keep up with the trend! ;)

I love that they won for song of the year...got a little vaklempt hearing Bono talk about his dad. I fell out in a laughing jag when Paul McCartney did "Helter Skelter" and my husband said, "He did that U2 song pretty good." :D Another fine brainwashing success story. Anyway...:applaud: for the boys!

heh I haven't read all, but loved parts of it...
so happy for our boys!(but I'm rpetty confused now... u2.com says they have 21 grammy's now... I thought they had 14, three for Vertigo last year, Five for this year... makes 22.. :huh: )
also here is a vid of the guys accepting it while eating pizza :lol: that prolly was in the show, but for those(like me) who can't see it... it's loads of fun!(Edge's face on HAVE WE WON ALL? is priceless!!)
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/02/08/grammy.awards/index.html

*snicker* Edge talks... Bono quickly grabs some salami off the pizza... :lol: hey Bono, I love pizza, wanna eat some with me?":wink:

Thatks for that clip!!
I am so happy for our boys!!!

cheers.gif

rockon.gif

Thanks for that clip Galeon!! Adam's smile made my day!
I am so happy for our boys!!!

cheers.gif

rockon.gif

I loved that clip with the pizza--were those other dishes on the table--salad? Didn't see any beer. Me wants pizza now! They are so adorable--kind of a sore spot with B about Achtung Baby. :ohmy:

Bono's Doll said:
I loved that clip with the pizza--were those other dishes on the table--salad? Didn't see any beer. Me wants pizza now! They are so adorable--kind of a sore spot with B about Achtung Baby. :ohmy:
that gave me a special feeling, since it IS my favorite album...... :)

Galeongirl said:
heh I haven't read all, but loved parts of it...
so happy for our boys!(but I'm rpetty confused now... u2.com says they have 21 grammy's now... I thought they had 14, three for Vertigo last year, Five for this year... makes 22.. :huh: )
also here is a vid of the guys accepting it while eating pizza :lol: that prolly was in the show, but for those(like me) who can't see it... it's loads of fun!(Edge's face on HAVE WE WON ALL? is priceless!!)
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/02/08/grammy.awards/index.html

*snicker* Edge talks... Bono quickly grabs some salami off the pizza... :lol: hey Bono, I love pizza, wanna eat some with me?":wink:

Is there a download of the pizza clip available, like a you sendit? Because of my dial up I cant watch those other types like on the cnn site :( If anyone has a you sendit, I'd be more than happy to share anything I might have. Thanks! :)

Bono Mot said:
I love that they won for song of the year...got a little vaklempt hearing Bono talk about his dad. I fell out in a laughing jag when Paul McCartney did "Helter Skelter" and my husband said, "He did that U2 song pretty good." :D Another fine brainwashing success story. Anyway...:applaud: for the boys!

that's so funny! LOL

Back
Top Bottom