Grammy pictures!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
blij1.gif
All 5 of them! I'm so happy & proud!
blob03.gif

I can't wait to see the show!

kellyahern said:

love1.gif

U2, YOU ARE THE BEST, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Thank You to everyone for the lovely pictures, and Thank You to U2, for making us so happy!!!!:love:

kellyahern said:
:banghead: Oh come on!

They cut Larry off :grumpy:

Larry should know if he wants to say something to get ahead of Bono. :wink: I was sorry that once he finally decided he was going to move to the microphone it was too late!!

But hooray for the outcome of the evening!

i am stilll so :hyper: from last night!!!

i feel like the entire music community got a glimpse of why all of us have loved them for so long -- it was bono's classiness when thanking the other nominees (couldn't have been more different from billie joe armstrong's speech), the *passion* and *thoughtfulness* behind their music evident in their talk about the album, the gentle respect they have for others and the admiration they receive in return - from every corner of the room, it seemed.

the "one" performance with MJB was one of the most amazing grammy performances i've ever seen -- i was so moved. did anyone see the red carpet show on e! where adam levine said that he was at madison square garden and that hearing MJB & U2 perform "one" was "one of the highlights of his life," and made him cry?

anyway, i'm just in awe once again by the beauty of these men, of their music, of their spirits.

oh how i :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: them! and am so happy for them... :hug:

one4u2 said:

Willie Williams' comments about the visuals :giggle:

".....The Staples Center was the customary scene of carnage that accompanies an attempt to facilitate 40 global music legends simultaneously but all seemed vaguely in hand. The band are performing ‘Vertigo’ into ‘One’, with Mary J. Blige joining U2 for the second song. The video sequences we’d made in London were loaded into the machines and looked good. ‘Vertigo’ uses the op art graphics from the tour whilst ‘One’ uses the word ONE translated into several different languages, culminating in ‘Coexist’. All was going swimmingly well until the projectionist pulled me to one side. He happened to be Israeli and felt obliged to point out that the three letters in Hebrew text for ‘One’ were in running in reverse order. Bugger. I spent about half an hour soliciting other opinions on the matter, putting the word out for every Hebrew speaker in the building to come and take a look. The Grammys producer, Ken Erlich, was trying to convince me that the way I had it written translated into Hebrew as “ass”, but I like to think he was just winding me up. Consequently, my afternoon went to hell in a rush to find a local facility to do a quick re-edit. This I did and mercifully the place was able to give me some time right away. Perhaps my urgent tone on the telephone helped (”Hello, my name is Willie, I work with U2 and I have a Hebrew Video Crisis…”)

Soundcheck and camera blocking was all a bit of a shambles to be honest, but we figure out what we need to do to fix it (aside, obviously, from removing the word “ass” from the video screens) and we have another run through in the morning to make it right. On a day like this, the principle obstacle is the time scale, with only an hour or so on stage to build the perfect show it becomes an incredible adrenaline rush. This, plus the fact that the production is in the hands of a team whom, though very willing, have a very great deal else to achieve outside our five minute slot."

and a little about the awards proper (the rest is over in the tour section of u2.com)
*with Willie's Journal back I feel just a tad bit better about the 32 dollars I spent

".....As you will already know, by the end of the night U2 had picked up five Grammy Awards including ‘Best Album’ which is the big one. It sounds predicable and unlikely to say so, but the band genuinely didn’t expect to win. The competition was so strong and the Atomic Bomb album has been out for over a year so it seemed unlikely that they’d get it, which made the winning all the more sweeter. It was great to watch them. There was much rejoicing (though sadly U2 was overlooked yet again in the ‘Best Polka’ category.)

Everyone went out to party the night away, but I bailed. By the time I got back to the hotel I was the living dead. I haven’t stopped running since I landed at LAX on Monday, I’m still punch drunk with jet lag and I’m going to Mexico tomorrow. But other than that..."

I am so proud! 5 of 5. You wouldn't believe how many people at work have asked me if I saw "my boys" last night. (Sorry I obsess at work too!) :dancing: :applaud: :hug: :up: :edge: :bono: :larry: :adam:

nurse chrissi said:

Consequently, my afternoon went to hell in a rush to find a local facility to do a quick re-edit. This I did and mercifully the place was able to give me some time right away. Perhaps my urgent tone on the telephone helped (”Hello, my name is Willie, I work with U2 and I have a Hebrew Video Crisis…”)

4.gif

Can just visualize Willie on the phone saying this...:lmao:

WOW!! :ohmy: :D
That is not bad, waking up on my birthday to find out that U2 won 5 out of 5 nominations! :dance:
I can't wait to see the Grammy show! :3

THanks for the link to that vid and all the great pics!!

Im so proud of the boys, and contrary to what some people were posting last night on the grammy threads, I think that this will (hopefully) lead to an awesome new album:rockon:

Bono's Tart said:
U2 the best band in the world!!!

Then again we have always known it!!:wink:

UK fans ITV2 tonight at 9pm wonder what we will see of the boys??

OH THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I WAS PRAYING FOR A MIRACLE LIKE THIS TO HAPPEN!!!!

(I was ready to "Dismanlte" the cable box, but not anymore!)

Thank You So Much Again!!!!:hug:

kellyahern said:

Thank for all the lovely photos! I won't get to see the show here in Finland until next month, so this is a real treat to see all these. One question for anyone who was lucky enough to see the show, what's going on in these photos? Coz it looks as if the audience is giving U2 a standing ovation?!?:ohmy: Also what songs did U2 perform other than Vertigo and One?

I can't remember if anyone else has had a chance to post these following photos of Bono, I've been surfing around the web nearly all day looking for news and photos, but I personally can't get enough of our B-man...

bonosinging6dp.jpg

bonosinging23el.jpg

bonoguitar1ah.jpg

:drool: :drool: :drool:

hcbiggs2002 said:

Thank for all the lovely photos! I won't get to see the show here in Finland until next month, so this is a real treat to see all these. One question for anyone who was lucky enough to see the show, what's going on in these photos? Coz it looks as if the audience is giving U2 a standing ovation?!?:ohmy: Also what songs did U2 perform other than Vertigo and One?

I can't remember if anyone else has had a chance to post these following photos of Bono, I've been surfing around the web nearly all day looking for news and photos, but I personally can't get enough of our B-man...

bonosinging6dp.jpg

bonosinging23el.jpg

bonoguitar1ah.jpg

:drool: :drool: :drool:

hcbiggs:

The pictures of the audience giving U2 a standing ovation was for the award of Album of the Year. They only performed One and Vertigo. Edge played guitar with many others in the All Star Tribute to New Oreleans at the end of the show. Hope that helps..:wink:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

hcbiggs:

The pictures of the audience giving U2 a standing ovation was for the award of Album of the Year. They only performed One and Vertigo. Edge played guitar with many others in the All Star Tribute to New Oreleans at the end of the show. Hope that helps..:wink:

Thanks so much for the info!:up: Here some more photos I just found...

bandperforming28mq.jpg

bandperforming32js.jpg

bonoedge20si.jpg

Does anyone have a ysi for the CNN video? I can't get it to play here. :sigh:

Thanks to everyone for all of the pictures!

GracelandHarley said:
Adam didn't get cut off! His speech was shown in its entirety. It was Larry, who came to the mic after Adam, who was cut off-- completely. That's when you heard the boos from the audience, when the poor man from Music Rising arrived at the other podium. You could see he was actually shocked that they had cut off the Best Album of the Year acceptance speeches in mid-sentence. :madspit:

Don't feel bad for him, he's the head of the academy, the same clown who cut off Sinatra the night Our Bon gave him his lifetime achievement award and blamed it on Sinatra's henchmen. He was shocked because everyone didn't immediately forget about U2 and listen to him, did not anticipate that reaction where they would listen to Larry and not him. All the crap and bullshit and endless commercial breaks, and they cut off Larry and then roll the credits over the NO tribute. Jackasses.

In December, I spent two solid hours inside an MRI the size of a drainpipe, and it was more fun than that broadcast. A couple of observations, just because. Madonna has to be kidding, she looked like a friggin' Barbie doll, age with a little grace, sweetie. My God, how women are letting themselves be used and controlled!

Half a Vertigo is not better than no Vertigo at all. And that Lia whasserface, what did she do, win them in an auction? They never kiss their women before going up to get an award, and she nailed them all.

Someone said Susie was there, any photos? I have dial-up, so if I missed any that have been posted, sorry.

And I don't want to piss on the party, but this was a lot like the Joshua Tree night in '88, although slightly less innocent, and Edge wasn't wearing Paul's clothes. The backlash is coming, kids. Enjoy this, because you're going to have to brace yourselves soon enough.

A thousand thanks to all who have posted photos here, and congrats boys, five out of five -- thank God they all have so many houses!!:wink:

OMG, they won their 5 Grammy's :hyper: :hyper:
I'm really glad for them, CONGRATS, guys!!

and thanks to all who posted so many pictures,
couldn't see the show, so that's all I can get and I'm really happy to have you with such great pictures :)

sweet lord, twelve pages in a night!!!! it'll take me a while till I get trought his... I just wanna say.. I am loving everything you gals do for us who can't see it!!! I really apreciate it!
also, love B's haircut... and the new jacket! is that an elevation star on Lar's shirt? :hmm:
*continues reading all comments*

Back
Top Bottom