Grammy pictures!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a few more - I have to go to bed, I have a meeting tomorrow :huh:

e8f65dac.jpg

f22e34d1.jpg

Thanks, Kelly, and everyone else--y'all are amazing! I really liked what Bono said before they did "Vertigo", something like, "Sometimes we think of ourselves as the loudest folk group in the world. But then a song like 'Vertigo' comes along that makes you want to burn down your house." Indeed!

:applaud: They just won Album of the Year!

kellyahern said:
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

No I can go to bed

I was thinking the same thing, I have to meet my boss at 6am thats 6.5 hours from now :banghead:

YYYAAAAYYYYHHH!!! FIVE for FIVE!! :applaud: :applaud: :dancing:

Great night... kind of odd acceptance speeches by Bono, compared to his usual... but, hey... it's all good!

Except... for the biggest award of the night, they actually cut the third (of a grand total of four, mind you) member of the band that won the Best Album of the Year, mind you, who was trying to say a few words of thanks. :madspit: And he almost never speaks in public, too! :sad:

The Grammy people are idiots... the Academy Awards lets all of the winners involved in the Best Picture award at the end of the night speak their piece... :mad:

CONGRATS TO U2! THE BEST AND BIGGEST BAND IN THE WORLD!!

I LOVE OUR BOYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! :love: 5 for 5!!! :bow: Second album of the year since Joshua tree!! It has been awhile.

no shit! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!:mad: :madspit: The biggest award of the nite and they cut them off in acceptance speech! Poor Adam! For god's sake would it kill them to wait 30 sec???

And then the network (FLIPPIN CBS) goes and cuts off the end of the all star tribute...!!!!!!!!!!! what is that! They can't wait a minute or two more???????????? :madwife:

Last edited:
nikkyjade said:
Madonna looks amazing :ohmy:

and what the hell is going on with chris martin's hair!? :huh:

great pics! Love B kissing Gwens baby-bump :cute:

Whatever it is, I'm happy! He used to be so unattractive, but the long, lush curly hair makes him cute! He used to be balding but no more! I've never considered him good looking until tonight! That's why I posted his pic, I used to always say he was ugly!

Well I'm very happy that our guys won big :up: :yes: I'm sure there will be more pics to come, but I can't find any more right now. I hope when I wake up there will be more posted here! All y'all on the west coast, enjoy the show! :wave:

i'm SO excited -- what an amazing night for our boys!!!
they so deserve it....

rock ON!!!!!
:heart: :heart: :heart: love you guys.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
CONGRATS TO U2! THE BEST AND BIGGEST BAND IN THE WORLD!!

I LOVE OUR BOYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! :love: 5 for 5!!! :bow: Second album of the year since Joshua tree!! It has been awhile.

no shit! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!:mad: :madspit: The biggest award of the nite and they cut them off in acceptance speech! Poor Adam! For god's sake would it kill them to wait 30 sec???

Yay for Adam talking! I was watching with my mother and she kept saying "But what if Edge had something to say?!" She must have gotten that from me.

But was it me or was the guy who did the (really long) intro to the New Orleans tribute booed when he went onstage while U2 was still accepting. I seem to recall boos.

One final note before I turn in: IntheMidnightHour Edge! :drool:

Adam didn't get cut off! His speech was shown in its entirety. It was Larry, who came to the mic after Adam, who was cut off-- completely. That's when you heard the boos from the audience, when the poor man from Music Rising arrived at the other podium. You could see he was actually shocked that they had cut off the Best Album of the Year acceptance speeches in mid-sentence. :madspit:

GracelandHarley said:
Adam didn't get cut off! His speech was shown in its entirety. It was Larry, who came to the mic after Adam, who was cut off-- completely. That's when you heard the boos from the audience, when the poor man from Music Rising arrived at the other podium. You could see he was actually shocked that they had cut off the Best Album of the Year acceptance speeches in mid-sentence. :madspit:

The Grammy people seemed determined to end the show at 11:30 on the dot, or else CBS was going to pull the plug. Hence the cut-offs. Unfortunate:( , but that's the biz.

Just in case anyone's interested, msnbc.com has an article up already. The headline?

"U2 dismantles Grammy Awards
Irish band captures five prizes, including coveted Album, Song of the Year "

:rockon:

The article isn't all about U2, but has several quotes from Bono.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11242449/

There's also a small picture of Bono on the front page of the website.

GracelandHarley said:

I'll echo your :madspit: . I didn't even know Larry went to the mike. Sheesh. That's worse than I thought it was.

And I'm really sorry they cut off the New Orleans performance as well. I always like watching the hugs at the end of that kind of performance.

Back
Top Bottom