Got NME's U2 magazine--wow!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I went to Barnes and Nobles today to Christmas shop, and I saw this magazine, the NME Original U2!!! The articles are interesting, sometimes annoying, sometimes amusing--LMAO at Bono sending one of the writers an axe for a real hatchet hob (I remember pitching this issue). But on the whole what a magazine! I was afraid they'd sold out of this thing all over Birmingham. They didn't!!
:drool: :drool: :drool: :evil: :censored:

YAY! I love mine! It's like my best present yet! *:bow:s to Laura*

There's some weird stuff in there......like Bono making out with Edge's sis :ohmy: :laugh:

YEAH FOR UNCUT U2!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't finished reading mine yet!!
I'll continue on in a bit!!!!
Yeah, I thought the Hatchet Job was hillarious!!!:laugh::bono::lmao:
I didn't read the part about Bono making out with Edge's sister:eek: :ohmy:!!!!

HOORAY! Finally found it at Border's! I haven't finished reading it either, but I've spent a few days looking at the pictures.

Speaking of which...have I gone nuts or is the picture on page 71 reversed? I remember all those freckles on the other side of his face, and the chin scar pointing in the other direction. I think I've seen the New York One version a few too many times this week...:sexywink:

Schmeg said:

Speaking of which...have I gone nuts or is the picture on page 71 reversed? I remember all those freckles on the other side of his face, and the chin scar pointing in the other direction.

oooo, yes, I dare say it is reversed!

*edited b/c I can't post one sentence without a spelling error (is that how you spell 'sentence'? sentance?...... :shrug: )

Last edited:
YEAH!!!!!! That mag is really really good!!!! I picked it up a couple of days before coming home and I took it on the plane!...LOL the person next to me was just staring at me while I mostly drooled on the pics....I haven't read the articles yet! LOL

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
There's some weird stuff in there......like Bono making out with Edge's sis :ohmy: :laugh:
:eek:

I.Don't.Believe.This.

:|

You think it is true? :ohmy:

How old have Bono and Jill been according to the magazine?

We had a thread on this a couple weeks back with all the pics posted in it! I love the pics but I still haven't found a copy :(

Bonofire-
I was at Barnes & Noble here right before Christmas and I noticed they had some copies left so if you still need one let me know and I will see if I can pick one up for ya. My email is karrie5ann@aol so just let me know.

I haven't read everything either. Read a little here and there to make it last longer I guess!

verte76 said:
I haven't found this either. But I can't imagine picking up a U2 mag this big without a bit of nuttiness in it.:wink:

page 142...."there was one gig where we had a screen for shadows, and Edge's sister and myself were makin' out behind the screen to a song called Boy/Girl. *Bonolaugh*"

elevation2u said:
is it possible that i can still find this magazine somewhere? it sounds awesome.

:(

You can order it on their website...I did that a couple weeks back...I hope I get mine soon!

PS. Can somebody post the link to the website? I don't know the URL off-hand.

verte76 said:
Knowing me it'll take me all year to read the thing. The pictures are fantastic. I love 'em!!!!:drool: :drool: :drool: :evil: :censored:

I love all the pictures too! I think my most favorite one is the spread on pages 28-29, where Bono's singing with his eyes closed, leaning back into the crowd. The people are holding him up and it's just such a warm, fuzzy picture- he's made the audience connection he always wanted and they're not going to let him fall. So peaceful, so rock 'n roll, so :drool:

I ordered it from the website and just received it on Friday, hopefully yours will come soon!

NOOOO!!! I went to the link posted to order the magazine, and when I clicked on the "rest of the world" link, it wasn't up anymore! I'm so sad.....Perhaps Borders will still have it....I doubt it. I'm so sad.

Mrs the Jessica said:
NOOOO!!! I went to the link posted to order the magazine, and when I clicked on the "rest of the world" link, it wasn't up anymore! I'm so sad.....Perhaps Borders will still have it....I doubt it. I'm so sad.

I just got mine from Borders on Friday and they had quite a few left. Maybe you're still in luck! Check Barnes & Nobel too.

I'll finish reading it sometime after my brother's wedding tomorrow, definitely not before.........I'm too damned scatterbrained.........
*goes to find suitcase*
*said suitcase is in an undisclosed location*
*DAMN!*

Shoot! I want this thing! *is impatient*

By the way, Wertsie, I LOVE your Sig!!! American dreams rocks......so much....i am going to marry Luke, Mr. Bob Dylan listener.... :love:
And Jimmy is a jerk....there have been times i just want to run into the screen and kick him in the shins. :evil: I am also trying to figure out how meg still manages to have perfect blond curls even after wearing the beanie. :scratch:. Wow. Sorry for the rambling.....but i saw it and i'm like WOOHOO!! And same for yours too Jam jar...its so cute when :edge: gets all mad. Shows he's got some muscles, too, eh? :drool:

Hmm...i've just realized that i've written more about peoples sigs than the actual topic. Ah well. :sigh:

BOOK STOP!!!

If you have a Book Stop in your area, they have them as well. The Book Stop in Mesquite, TX had about 5-10 copies on the shelf. You might want to call around to other book stores and/or music stores like Tower Records or Virgin so see if they have it too. You might also have the store ship it from an another location to your store's location.

Re: BOOK STOP!!!

Allegra said:
If you have a Book Stop in your area, they have them as well. The Book Stop in Mesquite, TX had about 5-10 copies on the shelf. You might want to call around to other book stores and/or music stores like Tower Records or Virgin so see if they have it too. You might also have the store ship it from an another location to your store's location.

Umm...... I go to that BookStop:eek:
YEAH FOR GETTING MORE DALLAS FOLKS IN PLEBA!!!
WOHOOOOO!!!:dance: :happy: :hyper:

rockonedge said:
Shoot! I want this thing! *is impatient*

By the way, Wertsie, I LOVE your Sig!!! American dreams rocks......so much....i am going to marry Luke, Mr. Bob Dylan listener.... :love:
And Jimmy is a jerk....there have been times i just want to run into the screen and kick him in the shins. :evil: I am also trying to figure out how meg still manages to have perfect blond curls even after wearing the beanie. :scratch:. Wow. Sorry for the rambling.....but i saw it and i'm like WOOHOO!!

:happy: Cool! Yep, I :heart: Luke! He's so cool and such a sweetie. :hug: During the episode when they played Don't Think Twice it's Alright I totally freaked out. I have loved that song ever since I heard it in the movie Dogfight.

:tongue: Got this from me brother for Christmas. I need to just sit down and read it all one day...

awesome pics in there that I've never seen before

Back
Top Bottom