Gossip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lovey Dovey

The Fly
Under Larry's long,hard, tight....Right Arm...
I was just wondering what everyones opinions are on the gossip that goes around Interference.
I mean, making positive or neutral comments about people around here is one thing, constructive criticism is too, but what about bashing,etc?
If someone makes negative comments to you about someone youve never spoken to, or seldom spoken to, do you believe them? What if the person spreading the rumors is a good friend of yours, that youve come to trust?
Do you take their word for it, remain neutral, or tell them its making you uncomfortable and to please stop? Or even report them?
IMO, if all youve ever done is read the posts of the someone being spoken of, and youve maybe only encountered them briefly in chat and have never taken the time to actually get to know them, then you really shouldnt believe what you hear - NO MATTER WHO'S DOING THE RUMOR SPREADING!
Personally, I dont like to spread cruel thoughts except maybe torwards those who have backstabbed me first.

And if I hear negative remarks about someone, I try to get to know the person better, and find out the truth for myself. :up:

If I'm the victim of gossip, I invite questions and comments from others in order to get the truth out there. I have nothing to hide... :shrug:

Ok, thats my :rant: ! :p

Last edited:
I've stopped believing stuff I hear from ppl aboot others.

I won't name names but like A YEAR AGO....well mebbee not that long, but this happened many moons ago when I was still WildHonee even,

Someone here I talk to fairly regularly had a problem with someone else here and so then bc of what she said I got all anti-that person but then when I started randomly talking to the hated one I was like......ok she's really COOL. So. I dunno, I mean sometims you can't even trust everything yer friends say. Sometimes they have their reasons, sometimes they dont't. Rumors suck though.

Boys can always beat each other up.

Girls just tear each other apart by saying mean things :tsk:

So I've stopped believing things like that. I've had ppl judge me in bad ways before even knowing me and it sucks that they won't even let you make any kind of impression on them bc they already have an idear in their head of who and what you are.

So since I don't want ppl to do that to me anymore, I'm not gonna let them, and I'm not gonna let myself believe the hype about who did what or who said what or other recockulous things. Unless it's warranted.

OK I wanna beat somethin up now

Just to make sure this thread doesn't turn ugly, I want to discourage anybody from naming specific people, if they have a problem with somebody here. If it's something personal, please PM the individual or talk to an admin or mod about it.

Okay...we now return to your regularly scheduled thread! Carry on! :D

For many reasons I have often been the victim of some pretty viscious gossip. So I've always tried to give people the benefit of the doubt in all situations. I'm an independent person and try not to judge someone before I meet them, in hopes that the same courtesy will be returned.

One of the mottos of my life...

In the end the love you take is equal to the love you make.

hippyactress said:
For many reasons I have often been the victim of some pretty viscious gossip. So I've always tried to give people the benefit of the doubt in all situations. I'm an independent person and try not to judge someone before I meet them, in hopes that the same courtesy will be returned.

One of the mottos of my life...

In the end the love you take is equal to the love you make.

I WANT TO EAT THAT QUOTE :love:

hippyactress said:

*throws Scott Stapp into the ring*

:tongue:

HIPPY, HIPPY, HIPPY............there is never a justified reason to open up the gates of Hell by saying the name of Lucifer's spawn in the thread:shame:

Last edited:
i really just wanted an excuse to post this picture

*BOOMCHAA!* said:
HIPPY, HIPPY, HIPPY............there is never a justified reason to open up the gates of Hell by saying the name of Lucifer's spawn in the thread:shame:

He CLONED himself?!
wait, if it's a clone does it count as spawn? :scratch:

In any case, I feel the need to share with you that detective ellen has discovered that this is what his computer looks like:
evilcompy.gif

:yes:

[/needless sharing]

Re: i really just wanted an excuse to post this picture

I don't get people who make up stories and lies about other people. This has happened to me.. and it's really :tsk: and :coocoo: I tend to ignore bad comments about others here and bad comments about myself too, or rumors about this or that. It's rather childish and I do not want to get involved with any of that mess!

Maybe that's why I keep a low-profile here at the board and don't tend to talk to people outside the board. But all the people I've talked to from here .... outside the forum are really great people. I don't talk to many ... I only really talk to one person from here outside the board regularly.....:D A true Freak but that's ok! :D but those that I've talked to have all been very nice! :) All the ladies that chat on the PLEBA chat are really cool! :)

I tend to take what people say about other people here with a grain of salt.....

Okay this quote comes from Extreme (the 80's hair band), but it fits here:

There are three sides to every story: Yours, Mine and the Truth.

But I think that if it's a case of outright slander...you should definately go to a Mod/Admin... and hopefully it will be stopped before it needs to go higher than that.

I havent seen any gossip on interference except the bashing in FYM sometimes

im slow.....:coocoo: :crack: :coocoo: :crack: :crack: :crack: :reject:

Lara Mullen said:
I havent seen any gossip on interference except the bashing in FYM sometimes

im slow.....:coocoo: :crack: :coocoo: :crack: :crack: :crack: :reject:

Actually I don't think there's been any or a lot lately....not in PLEBA anyway. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom