Goofy moments as a member of PLEBA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
I just got back from lunch with my grandma, just as we sat down at the table "In a Little While" began. I had this freakin' goofy grin on my face throughout the whole song. I don't remember what the specials were, because I wasn't listening to the waitress, I was listening to Bono.
I thought you all would get a kick out of that.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Mrs.Clayton (edited 01-23-2002).]

LMAO.... she could have said that the special was a giant cake with Adam hiding inside, and would you have known?

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
A honey child to a swarm of bees...

Let me love you true, let me rescue you...

O there are FAR too many....

Today in Statistics:

TEACHER: LADIES let's talk about DATA (*thoughts of Edge finding sexual pleasure in the collection of date*)

MONA: *giggles wildly*

JULIE: *Giggles wildly*

MONA: eh...just dropped me pen. *SHOVES BOOK OF DESK* MY PEN! Wait...

ROFL well that was a bit much....you get the idea.

my life consists of Just generally making excuses for my behavior in relation to U2.

Our friend Sarah was ooohing and aahing over Julie's haircut and she goes "OMG I LOVE YOU!"

MONA: MONA FEELS LEFT OUT!!!

SARAH: Oh, I love you, too.

MONA & JULIE: Meeeeeeee too.

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~BONO~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...

I had the same experiance with Sweetest Thing once. There was a tv and many voices over it, so I really had to concentrate. Plus, people were trying to talk to me... WTF?
rolleyes.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

....what's a Bono?

Exactly... why do people try talking to me when I'm watching or listening to U2? Or they change the channel
frown.gif
They never let me have a U2 moment...

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
A honey child to a swarm of bees...

Let me love you true, let me rescue you...

Originally posted by WildHonee:
O there are FAR too many....

Today in Statistics:

TEACHER: LADIES let's talk about DATA (*thoughts of Edge finding sexual pleasure in the collection of date*)

Every time I watch the dvd and hear Bono say that, just once, I wish him to say "he finds sexual pleasure in the collection of daNa. But that is just wishful thinking. Oh my U2ey experience, I was in the grocery store with mommy again, and I saw tamales, not only that but it was 4 in a box. Odd? I think so.

------------------
Dana

"U2 is hot."
-random girl from my math class.

Ok guys try watching 13 Days (movie) w/o laughing maniacally, if you can then you don't belong in PLEBA.

No joke my roomie's friend came over and had to watch the movie for class and I had never seen it so I had no idea that throughout the whole movie they would be talking about U-2 spy planes. I was able to hold off the laughter the first time until my roomie gave me this look like "I can't believe it, don't you dare" then I couldn't I had to go to my room to stop laughing.

My roomie btw, is convinced she's beeing stalked by U2. She comes home and it's me, she goes to work (she's a driver for this on campus service) and they're on the radio, she turns on the tely and it's the U2 timeslide. She's ready to kill me.

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

Originally posted by DML:
Oh my U2ey experience, I was in the grocery store with mommy again, and I saw tamales, not only that but it was 4 in a box. Odd? I think so.

eek.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

....what's a Bono?

Originally posted by DML:
Every time I watch the dvd and hear Bono say that, just once, I wish him to say "he finds sexual pleasure in the collection of daNa. But that is just wishful thinking. Oh my U2ey experience, I was in the grocery store with mommy again, and I saw tamales, not only that but it was 4 in a box. Odd? I think so.

BOXED TAMALES? Not better than the real thing. Tamales are meant to be free and steamed. Wait...

------------------
~*Mona*~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...

One day in math we were using the examples of mountain ELEVATIONs to solve a few math problems. The minute "elevation" was said, I burst out laughing and nearly fell off my chair. One of my friends (a PLEBA lurker) got the joke too and blushed. I got a few strange looks from my clssmates for the rest of the day, not to mention my math teacher lowers her voice every time she has to use the word "elevation." Hmmmmm...I wonder...does she know about PLEBA...
icon33.gif

btw...I'm going to a mexican resturant tomorrow for me b-day, me thinks I'll be orderin' tamales...
biggrin.gif

------------------
*~*Phuzzie*~*

WARNING: Insanity is highly contagious!

I was at the salon getting my nails done and talking to my friend when on the TV they said something about U2. I stop, whip my head up and say "What, U2?" My friend just rolled her eyes. lol! There's no hope for any of us! Jen

[This message has been edited by JennyBean (edited 01-23-2002).]

GuestViewImage.asp

omg! *blushes* i am so stupid! this was the frist time i have ever "sliced and diced" a picture, and i think the results r rather on the "trashy mctrash" side lol

iB46D023F-1C50-4055-B853-559AF0759101.jpg

omg! *blushes* i am so stupid! this was the frist time i have ever "sliced and diced" a picture, and i think the results r rather on the "trashy mctrash" side lol

Nice....
wink.gif

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

[This message has been edited by hippyactress (edited 01-23-2002).]

Originally posted by *~~Bono's_Babe~~*:
iB46D023F-1C50-4055-B853-559AF0759101.jpg

oh my, is Bono driving??? You better fasten your seat belts...

which reminds me off, whenever I?m driving really bad and my dear hubby fears for his life, I have to think about Bono?s driving skills and think that I?m really in good company..
biggrin.gif

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

I got in my car this morning, and I was trying to decide which cd to put on. I turned on the radio and it was the opening chords of Beautiful Day!! What a great way to start the day!!

I wish that U2 would stalk me
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by spinninghead77:

I wish that U2 would stalk me
biggrin.gif

I wish BONO would stalk ME!!
biggrin.gif
LOL

I'm also a hopeless case. Sometimes when U2 pops on the TV screen or on the radio, I squeal or make shut up the people around me.I just HATE that people interrupt me when I'm hearing my Angel's voice or seing his devilish smile. I WISH they all dissapeared on that instant
mad.gif

Where to start ... there are so many words and phrases from PLEBA that have snuck into my vocabulary. If anyone says them, I immediately start to giggle.

Erm ... on Tuesday when the U2: 7 cd came out, I, of course, went to Target to get it. As soon as I had parked my car, I practically ran though the parking lot, into the store and to the music section. Mind you, all this time I had the most dumb ass grin on my face and was trying to supress my giggling when I was at the checkout.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

[This message has been edited by JessicaAnn (edited 01-24-2002).]

Originally posted by JessicaAnn:

Erm ... on Tuesday when the U2: 7 cd came out, I, of course, went to Target to get it. As soon as I had parked my car, I practically ran though the parking lot, into the store and to the music section. Mind you, all this time I had the most dumb ass grin on my face and was trying to supress my giggling when I was at the checkout.

That's so funny.
biggrin.gif
I remember doing the same thing every week when I became a fan, since I had to catch up on all thier music. I was in the local Fred Meyer every week, running through the store with a dumb ass grin on my face.
smile.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

....what's a Bono?

I remember the day that ATYCLB came out I was going to go and buy it on my lunch hour at work, then I couldn't leave the office for some reason, then I was going to pick it up on my way home from work, but my dad called me and asked me if I could pick him up from the train station (brother had the car), so I was driving home with my dad in the car, and I didn't have the cd. Then suddenly I remembered that the small used cd store on the way home sold a few new releases-It was worth a shot. So I went in and I found it on the shelf. I got a huge smile on my face as I walked up to the counter. The young punk kid behind the counter said to me "You look pretty happy that we have that, you shouldn't be, it sucks"!!!

He was sooooo wrong!! I should go back and kick his ass!!

I have too many wacky U2 moments to start with..BUT during Moulin Rouge...I screamed really loud during the part "What more in the name of love" I yelled I love this MOVIE it ROCKS!!!! you know it...U2 getting there Props. GO GO GO !!!!

My BF was like what is wrong with you?

I was like opps did i get to excited?

------------------
Starr*
"oh I wish I were a little bar of soap..... I wish I were a little bar of soap...i'd go squishy and slimy all over people's heineys ......Oh i wish i were a little bar of soap....."

I just had one ... a Larry/PLEBA kind of moment

I was having lunch with four of my coworkers. We were talking about cars, and my friend Steve said he likes a stick shift. He likes to keep one hand on the wheel and one on his stick!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Granted, we were all laughing pretty hard because the comment was ... well ... kind of scandalous. I couldn't help but think of Larry liking to keep his ands on his (drum) stick.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Originally posted by Lemonboy:
What the feck is a Tamale???

ROFL like a SAUSAGE???!!!!

No no...senoritas...y senor limon....el tamal es.......es.....ESTA BAILANDO!!!

tamaleD.gif

The tamale issue...hm. I know I'm responsible for it (as usual for random things), but I don't know how to explain it. But basically Bono is a hot tamale. It's also a food, like a....thing wrapped up around....stuff....feck.

tamaleD.gif
Ay....las ballenas estan locos enamorado de ti! ROFL Y los claves...las vacas y senor Springsteen no corren.

Nobody tell my Spanish teacher about this. She'd have a heart attack.

dia bella....no deja de escaparse....lol

------------------
~*Mona*~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...

I love when that happens. You walk into a place and they are playing a U2 song! My very fave is when you are waiting to cross the street and someone is listening to U2 on the radio or Cd! Wow-i just get that goofy smile, too! :> )Rock on U2....!

More goofiness...

People blast their car steros really loudly as they drive through the parking lots around here (blah) and it's usually sucky music so I just kind of tune it out...

But today...this girl drove by with Beautiful Day BLASTING!!!!

I almost screamed and ran after her...but I refrained myself...can't think why?
biggrin.gif

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom