Good News!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonobeliever

The Fly
Hi Plebans! Love the new layout of the site. Power to the Mods and Elvis!!! I know this site is primarily used for U2stuff, but I wanted to share some good news. Today, I was leaving the hospital from seeing my doctor. While I was walking outside, I thought I saw someone splayed out on the concrete. As I got closer, I saw that indeed it was a body laying out there. As I walked up to the person, I saw blood spilling out from underneath the person's head. It was a middle-age lady and she was yelling and screaming for someone to help her - mind you several people had walked passed her before I arrived - so I told her to calm down and that I'm going to get help for you. I had to say it several times before she calmed herself down. I quickly ran over to the emergency room and notified the staff there about the lady and people quickly began to mobilized. The ER doctor came out holding several bandages and began wrapping it around her head - so much blood - and then the paramedics came with the stretcher. Everyone worked together to put her on the stretcher and she was immediately brought over to the ER. I remained until that moment - I wanted to make sure that she was taking care of before I left the scene. I felt so good afterwards. I came home and told my family and they were very proud of me. I wanted to share this with you plebans!!!!:rockon:

Thats great youwere there to help her, but wow scary! Especially that no one stopped. Lucky for her you were there! Did you ever find out what happened to her?

Wow! talk about a top that isn't U2 related; except for the fact that the storyteller is a "Bonobeliever" Totally, totally not Pleba material. Sorry

Well done! Makes you feel good doesn't it. :yes:

:grumpy: I did get all excited for a split second thinking U2 had finally announced when they were releasing the album, when I read the title of this thread.

:wink:

Well done! Makes you feel good doesn't it. :yes:

:grumpy: I did get all excited for a split second thinking U2 had finally announced when they were releasing the album, when I read the title of this thread.

:wink:

Tell me about it. And once you read the damn thing, it's like U2interruptus. Not a good feeling at all.

Thanks for the affirmatives! The lady fell on the ground and no one wanted to stop and help her. I'm not a goody-two shoes, but I would not have been able to not stop and help. Sorry, if it wasn't U2 related. But, it is always good to share good news!!!!:)

Thanks for the affirmatives! The lady fell on the ground and no one wanted to stop and help her. I'm not a goody-two shoes, but I would not have been able to not stop and help. Sorry, if it wasn't U2 related. But, it is always good to share good news!!!!:)

Trust me after the fortnight I've had, it's really nice to hear something like this! :yes:

I can't imagine walking past someone in that situation - it doesn't take a goody two shoes to stop - just someone with a bit of heart :up:

P.S. I wasn't grumpy with you....just having a giggle at my U2-absorbed brain!! :giggle:

Amazes me with how self centered some people can be. How long would it have taken a passerby to go and get help? It's great that you happen to come along when you did BonoBeliever! Hope the lady is ok.

That's so sad and very disturbing to hear how some people won't even stop to help someone who is quite obviously in need of aid?! :huh: Good on you for having the basic human kindness to help this woman!! :heart::hug:

Back
Top Bottom