Good Jeans -Bono and Posh Join the Fashion Ranks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nurse chrissi

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Mods - move where needed

Just hitting the Bono parts in this bitty article in EW
...while Bono will lend his celeb cred to fancy pants makers Rogan.
....Bono, on the other hand, is leaving the designing to the missus - wife Ali Hewson - but will take time out fom saving the world to promote her fashion line from Rogan, called EDUN (nude backward). The collection, slated for 2005, features everything from casual jeans to more, ahem, posh fare. But the sweetest thing about it? The designs are made using eco-friendly materials and processes. That Bono - even when he's shilling, he cares
Timothy Gunatilaka

Edge's "Spectacular Times" tee shirt he wore for the Q awards - by Rogan - the plot thickens.....

Last edited:
hey Im gonna be right there with you! Didnt you read my post?:sexywink:
I dunno if its gonna be xpensive.....but just think how wonderful it will feel to sink into a pair of jeans and know that Bono had something to do with where your pants came from
bono
my pants
bad thoughts :shame:

Well, the way I see it is like this. You know how when a family member does anything....like a sports game or a theatre performance or something, you just go. Because you're family and you support each other. That's why I'd want some EDUN stuff....

:reject:

Bono and my pants....:drool:

The person with the underlined words...I've had that problem. It's from some spyware most likely. You need to get Adware, or whatever it's called, and clean your hard drive. Seriously, it works, I use to have that, too, and I don't anymore.

From what I heard the EDUN line is not going to be too expensive...actually i was a really cool thrift shop in Hollywood once and I saw a blouse with a U2 label..I know it has nothing to do with U2 the band but I just that that was cool...I know that either there is or there was a line of U2 clothing...again nothing to do with the band....I also like Lucky brand ...cause of the shamrock and the saying "Lucky you" I have a blouse and a pair of jeans:wink:

Last edited:
:lol: You girls are killing me with the "Bono & my pants" comments!!! :up:

(Do you think there's a correlation between the impending album release, tour, and our increased Bono-obsessing????? :shrug: )
:lmao:

Edited to say: And - oh yeah! - I'll be buying some of the Edun line...providing they make some big enough for us less-than-petite ladies!!

Last edited:
U2Traveller said:
You need to get Adware, or whatever it's called, and clean your hard drive. Seriously, it works, I use to have that, too, and I don't anymore.
Yes it does. I've always had it, or else I wouldn’t be able to do anything in my computer.

I hope she'll have them in, um, non-super skinny sizes

I would be so proud to wear any item to promote Ali and this cause :) I found this article on atU2
Ali Launches Own Fair Trade Clothing Brand

Sunday Independent, November 07, 2004

Larissa Nolan

Ali Hewson, Bono's wife, is set to take over the world of fashion with her own socially conscious clothing range.

Renowned charity worker Ali will launch the Edin brand early next year. All pieces in the collection will be organically made by fair trade workers.

The patron of the Chernobyl Children's Project (CCP) has been working discreetly on the fashion line, which she hopes will be on sale in America as early as February 2005.

An internationally famous male designer has been recruited, although his name will not be released until a later stage.

She plans to launch the brand in Ireland shortly after it gets off the ground in the U.S., and has reportedly already been in talks with Brown Thomas head Galen Weston about stocking it.

A spokesperson for Brown Thomas said: "We have not seen the clothes yet, but we are excited about the project.

"We look forward to seeing the collection with a view to stocking it in Brown Thomas."

The Edin brand will be mostly made up of casual wear in styles that are at the cutting edge of fashion. Jeans, tops and jackets will make up a good proportion of the collection.

Some of the collection has already been manufactured and is ready to wear. Ali herself wore a pair of Edin jeans when she attended Nell McCafferty's book launch in the Shelbourne Hotel last Tuesday.

The slim brunette, 43, was the perfect model to debut the jeans, which were a black, tight-fitting boot-cut pair.

Ali told a friend: "I'm celebrating the start-up of the fashion line. These jeans are just as nice as any designer pair of jeans, and yet there is the added bonus of knowing that they are fair trade. And there's a whole collection to choose from."

Those close to Ali say she set up the brand to help drive sweatshops out of fashion. The promotion of fair trade is something about which she and Bono, her husband of 22 years, are both very passionate.

Bono hinted at her plans in an interview earlier this year, when he said: "Right now she's looking at a new way of doing business in apparel. It may be one of the biggest brands in the next few years, so watch out."

The fair trade method of business is supported by a number of high-profile celebrities, including Coldplay's Chris Martin and his actress wife Gwyneth Paltrow.

It involves using practices in which people in the Third World are paid properly and receive health insurance.

Money raised from Ali's Edin brand will go back to the fair trade workers who made the clothes. If profit margins allow, some of the money made will also go to the Chernobyl Children's Project, which was founded by Ali's close friend and fellow charity worker Adi Roche.

Ali's brand is an independent venture and is not linked to either the U.K. Fairtrade company, which produces fairly traded edible goods, or the CCP.

Ali is no stranger to charity fashion projects, having been a key player in the Brown Thomas international fashion shows, where she raised hundreds of thousands of euro for charity.

Despite being married to the world's biggest rock star, Ali has kept a low profile since her marriage to Bono in 1982. She spends most of her time looking after their four children and focusing on her charity work.

MrsSpringsteen said:
I hope she'll have them in, um, non-super skinny sizes

I would be so proud to wear any item to promote Ali and this cause :) I found this article on atU2

Me too :) Thanks for posting the article :bow:

Cool, there'll be jackets! :hyper: No matter what my weight status is, I can always fit into jackets :lol: I'm not holding out much hope about being able to fit into the jeans though :shifty: :reject:

the q magazine with u2 on the cover also has Bono talking about Rogan being the company that is helping launch edun
again I have spotted Edge in 2 Rogan shirts already - I'm holding out that he will wear my favorite "I don't know karate but I know krazy" - simply because that would be v.v.v. cool

and yes I will be buying these clothes - add that to my u2 tab........

BonoFox1 said:
From what I heard the EDUN line is not going to be too expensive...actually i was a really cool thrift shop in Hollywood once and I saw a blouse with a U2 label..I know it has nothing to do with U2 the band but I just that that was cool...I know that either there is or there was a line of U2 clothing...again nothing to do with the band....I also like Lucky brand ...cause of the shamrock and the saying "Lucky you" I have a blouse and a pair of jeans:wink:

I saw that brand over here too! And I ended up buying a pair of shorts. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom