Going across the pond!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Lata Pleba Gatas!

I'm leaving tomorrow to go to England to see my baby! :cute: I can't wait- it's been.. tooooo long since I've seen him! :hyper:

Other interesting news- my home computer died the other day, ending a five year on-again-off-again love/hate relationship. Yay! I'm gonna buy a new one when I get back from the UK but until then I'll have very limited access to the 'net, especially b/c I started a new job and don't have my own 'puter yet.

So, Hi & bye and I'll see you all when I get back. Pleba girls are the best! :mac:

:wave: ~Olive

Have fun!!! I'm SOOOO excited for you. I want to hear all about your trip when you get back!! :hyper: :hug: Yes, I'm living vicariously through you! ;)

Thanks guys! all your messages made me so happy & even more excited lol!

I'll be back with full details
ok maybe not full :shifty: ;) and lotsa stories and maybe some pics :hyper:

I can't wait to get on the plane, shut my eyes, and wake up there! (hopefully the flight will only feel like a couple minutes too :uhoh: ) - although I think coming back may be the problem lolll.

FishNeedsABicycle said:
*air kisses*

Have a fahbulous time dahling

*raises martini in toast*

We shall miss you, don't let that sexy man have an OUNCE of rest!

:mac:

:sexywink:

:lol: :kiss: I'll live up to my phisto name ~ it has been a while since we've been to England, hasn't it? ;)

xoooo
:wave: Carrie

oliveu2cm said:

:lol: :kiss: I'll live up to my phisto name ~ it has been a while since we've been to England, hasn't it? ;)

xoooo
:wave: Carrie

Make Opal and I proud...

:sexywink:

I think it's high time we blessed New Orleans with our presense once again...perhaps when you get back...

:mac:

hi all :wave:

well, i'm back- no problemos with the flights or the trip.....

i had a wonderful time, it was far too short! we had a very beautiful time together, it was everything I expected and more :love: :heart: *sigh* :love:

flaming june said:
Oh Olive, it's good to have you back in here! :happy: I'm glad you had a good time. :)

Thanks FJ! I'm not sure if I posted in the original thread or not- but I loved your picture with Bono :love: and am so glad you had such a superlative trip to Ireland!!! :happy: I know you'll treasure those memories forever!

:hug:

oliveu2cm said:

Thanks FJ! I'm not sure if I posted in the original thread or not- but I loved your picture with Bono :love: and am so glad you had such a superlative trip to Ireland!!! :happy: I know you'll treasure those memories forever!

:hug:

Dawwww, thanks! You are too sweet! :hug:

juicy tidbits

(I actually mistyped that and put 'juicy tidbuts' :laugh: ) anyway hahaha-

so my home computer is busted and i have limited access at work, but i'll try to check frequently back! Yes I want to tell you all about my wonderful trip! :heart:

let's test this out- a picture of us when i'd first arrived last week:

3369953923232%7Ffp6%3B%3Dot%3E2328%3D495%3D78%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E2323377958788ot1lsi

SO-

The trip was really wonderful, we just get along so well, I really enjoy being in his company. The first night I got there he made me some curry chicken (my first curry dish ever! not bad!) and he had told a few of his friends he'd pick them up from class or from the train station so we were in and out a few times at night, until I finally passed out around 10 from jetlag. Saturday was better; we went to the football game in the morning and he got a big kick out of showing me a "real english pub" before the game. the soccer game was crazy, but a lot of fun. I just enjoy seeing the environment he grew up in and how he reacts to it.

Saturday night was a lot of fun- out with his friends for some Tapas (sp?) - a Spanish meal, where you order a bunch of small dishes of food and everyone tries a little of everything. It's nice b/c it's not a lot of heavy food so you can drink and still feel the effects and not feel bloated. I can't stress how great his friends were- that's so important to me - these guys were a lot of fun, very energetic and engaging, love socializing. They all welcomed me with open arms. :)

We had a laid back next couple of days, driving around his city, playing pool, shopping, nothing "exciting" but it was just great to be with him.
Being in his presence again just gave me so much happiness! It's truly amazing.

At night we'd sit in the tv room snuggling and talking--- and in one conversation he mentioned
the word "future" so I asked him what he saw in our future (although I have a pretty good sense), and he just got his enormous great grin on his face and laughed for a second and then smiled again and said that he didn't know but he knows we have a future- then he said he believes everyone has a soul mate and that he's found his!

We went to the lakes on Tuesday, it was a great time! Gorgeous landscape- over hills and past sheep and enormous stretches of land! Soooooo beautiful! The lake district was stunning!
The pictures don't do the mountains justice, they are just overpowering. Very rocky and quite scary to drive over, let me tell ya! Our inn we stayed at was sooo nice and quaint but pretty posh too- we had a 4 course meal and some pea cappucino that reminded me of the clarence!!!

Then the next day we drove down to see the Beatrix Potter museum and go to an actual lake, where we walked aroudn and took (that black and white) pictures.

ok more in a sec, I can only open one window at once :laugh:

the hills are alive

3369957523232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2328%3D495%3D78%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E2323377958%3B94ot1lsi

me pointing at the crazy rocky curvy hill/mountain we just drove over :uhoh:

an award winning photo ;) - that's where we were headed but the sun was setting- no thanks! lol

3369957523232%7Ffp6%3A%3Dot%3E2328%3D495%3D78%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E2323377958%3B97ot1lsi

Back
Top Bottom