girly stuff..?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jam Jar

New Yorker
In the middle of the Pine Barrens with the Jersey
alrighty-
since (most of us) are girls (guys are welcome, too!:)) and we are here frequently, why not share tips and suggestions for things like hair care and whatnot? (you know, all that kinda stuff!) it could be "how to's and up-do's" from the pleba girls. lol...so? anything?
Might i suggest jasmine oil for the hair- rub it into clean, dry hair and leave in overnight, and wash it out the next day- it adds moisture and silkiness ;)
and jergen's firming lotion- great stuff! lol come on! tips, strange ideas, anything! :)

I dont have any suggestions but i wanted to say that one of my favorite perfumes (the one i use everday :lol:) is Haiku. I love Bath and Body: good place to get fufu.

Ohhh ohhh I love this kind of talk!!!

I :heart: the following:

Bed Head Straightening Mousse stuff.
Excellent.

Sephora Vanilla Scent:up:

Heated Eyelash Curler.

Kristie said:
ACK EYELASH CURLERS
those things scare me a LOT

:yes: :ohmy: Me too, Kristie!

:hmm: I really like Maybelline's new lash expansion mascara...only probably is the kind I got isn't waterproof!

:crazy: I could use any hair suggestions anybody wants to toss out there. Mine is really think and sort of wavy. And I don't know what the heck to do with it! :scream:

*BOOMCHAA!* said:

OHHH OHHH I :heart: them!!
They really make a difference:yes:

:hmm: But with my luck I'd probably poke my eye out or something! :lol:

:shrug: I don't understand it...I wear contacts! I should be able to handle it! :lmao:

ummm i think that Pantene Pro V is an excellent conditioner. That is the only beauty tip i can think of since I generally don't wear make-up or do anything with my hair.

Eyelash curlers = pain :no:

If you don't have a lot of time to put on make up, put on concealer, mascara, a shade of blush that looks natural on you, and lip gloss (the Lancome Juicy Tubes are addictive!). Voil?!

Last edited:
I don't like to buy expensive make up, but the best I've tried lately is Smashbox. QVC sells it-that's where I got it. The colors are great if you're pale as a ghost like I am. They have a cream eyeliner, if you're into eyeliner. I like the "liquid powder" type foundations-I use L'Oreal.

I started using those cleansing cloths-Oil Of Olay are the ones I like. They take off makeup well, and it's almost like a mini-facial.

I give up in this weather though-my hair and skin are as dry as the Sahara desert :scream:

My hair is hopeless-if only I could ever get it to look like my hairdresser does.

I am OBSESSED w/ Bath and Body Works. My dream would be to try/buy everything in that store...my new favorite scent is Sheer Freesia.

:crack:

Girls are weird.

They....have cooties.

Yeah.

:shifty:

Crap.

Please don't make me have to grow up... I still think I'm 12...

all this talk about makeup and the funny thing is, is that i dont wear makeup at all. well i just wear coverup every so often and then chapstick!!!!

me and makeup dont work well together!!!
:der:

Such a girl, I can't help it.

My most reliable hair products:

*Physique (main shampoo/cond)
Herbal Essence

It really depends on your hair- if it's thinner don't rely on mine, b/c my hair is very thick and usual behaves wonderfully. :reject: :shrug: I just got lucky! Go with what works w/ your hair- most shampoos/cond are very similar.

I also used to swear by Pantene Pro-V, but that coats you hair (which is why it's SO smooth/shiny) so make sure you use another kind once a week to give your hair a break.

You can't go wrong w/ blowdrying your hair upside down if you want more volume. I use Aveda mousse if I want some more body, it's light and doesn't make my hair sticky or crunchy.

For longer, straight/wavy hair a different style to mix things up is mousse or gel your hair when it is wet and flip your hair upside down and SCRUNCH it with your fingers. Keep doing this repeatedly, then blow-dry as you scrunch. a little hair spray and your hair should have instant curls, or lots of volume/waves.

Makeup- I'd die w/o my mascara. (*ignores how bad that sounds.*) I use L'oreal feather lash. Thousand Calories is good too for a thicker coat. Mascara tip: rather than moving the wand up your eyelashes, place it at the bottom of your lashes (near your eye) and shut your eye slowly, dragging the lashes down against the wand. it helps your lashes open up more. :cute:

I :heart: sparkles or shiny eye stuff. An awesome package my sister just got from Trade Secret had 6 different shiny shadows for only $15 (they were all sold out when I went). Sephora is a fun store for that kind of stuff. I buy my blush/foundation from Origins.

Lotion (i'm a lotion-aholic. my boyfriend said they made a movie about me 'lotions eleven' :p) Eucerin is awesome for eczema or very dry skin. Don't use oily lotion on your face- I use Clinique's face lotion (they also have great eye makeup remover). I have Bath&Body vanilla bean and my hands i use the lotion that matches my perfume, Escada's Sentiment. :drool:

Um..yeah. *clears throat* At least, this is what I hear. :uhoh:

Last edited:
I sleep

I wash my face with water and nothing else my friend is convinced i put something on it but wont tell her but she wont believe me

I half brush my hair eveyr day

But i scrub up well sometimes :\

Im very low maintance

Lara Mullen said:
I sleep

I wash my face with water and nothing else my friend is convinced i put something on it but wont tell her but she wont believe me

I half brush my hair eveyr day

But i scrub up well sometimes :\

Im very low maintance

just about the same for me cept i need lip balm in the winter cos my lips get all chapped and stuff

if you want to have your eyeshadow stay all day without rubbing off, put a little bit of chapstick on your eye lids before you put the powder on...then it's not going anywhere...

i hear that if you want a "wet" look, you can put petroleum jelly on your eyelashes...but i've never actually tried this...

i used to wear a lot of eye makeup, but now i, too, am low maintenance...

Stories for Boys said:
if you want to have your eyeshadow stay all day without rubbing off, put a little bit of chapstick on your eye lids before you put the powder on...then it's not going anywhere...

*takes notes*:ohmy:

I use Vaseline for soft lips but I drink water all the time so I never really need it excpet for when tis BITTERLY cold

Anybody have any good tips for beating acne? I never used to have a problem with it, but now all of a sudden I am! Well, it's better right now so I'm hoping...:lol:

wertsie said:
Anybody have any good tips for beating acne?

You can have acne/pimples at any age..for many reasons.

I have recently tried a new line from Phisoderm (Clear Confidence)-well, I just use the five minute mask. They have other products too. It has 2 percent salicylic acid, but it also has vitamins in it as well. You can also use the mask as a spot treatment too. It doesn't seem to dry my skin out as much as other similar products do.

CVS carries it, and probably most drugstores.

Avoiding using anything on your face w/ mineral oil in it, or fragrance in it, helps w/ acne too. Any makeup/powder w/ talc in it also clogs your pores.

see my problem with acne is most acne products are for oily skin and thusly try to dry it out, and I have drier than hell skin so it makes my face peel.
I've got a skin condition and if I use the wrong stuff bad things happen :no: I'm still trying to find the combination that works best for me... right now I'm using neutrogena pore refining face cleanser, some really cheap herbal essences oil free moisturizer that I stole from my mom... and for the rest of me, jergens skin smoothing lotion, and curel hand lotion. Mmm, lotion.
my hair's really thick and it's got about 10 different kinds of hair mixed in there... mainly I just try and make it stay DOWN. I use some damn kind of mousse cos I got a perm right now, and finesse shampoo cos it was on sale, and caress shimmering body wash (pear) again, cos it was on sale.
As for makeup... it depends on how many zits I have, heh. I wear eye makeup when I leave the house and foundation if I feel the need.

anyway, speaking of girly stuff, I'm having a fashion problem cos I'm a fashion disaster, but I'm posting about it in The Thread... :no: WHAT DO I WEAAAAAR

oooh question! i have incredibly useless and horrible hair. i have a lot of it and each strand is really thick. and in this wonderful humid florida weather it can get pretty darn frizzy. i've come very close to shaving it all off and going bald...it can't be any worse than what i have now. anyway, question is...how do i get rid of frizziness?! i blow dry and it helps but if there's something else i could do w/it let me know.

haha girly talk

For frizzy or staticky hair: Aveda Phomillient and sometimes just let your hair air dry

I use:

Clinique Face Scrub or Clean & Clear stuff if I get acne
NYC eyeshadow, lipstick, and lip gloss (it's cheap and it works well)
Liquid eyeliner (it works better than the pencil kind)
Clinique Cover-Up if I need it
Bath & Body Works ANYTHING (Moonlight Path is yummy)

Herbal Essences
Pantine Pro V Conditoner rotated with Aveda
Nutregena Shower Face Scrub

And for cool hair if you have a mohawk or "punk" cut:
Nox Gelatin mixed with Aveda products. Awesome.

I love L'occitane's shea butter hand cream. I cannot live without this stuff since I tried it. It's really rich but it sinks into your skin without being greasy. I have been accused of starting an obcession at work. I also love the shea butter body lotion and the shower cream because you can use it for hair and body.

I love to play with makeup but am pretty much basic on a daily basis. I really like the cream eyeliner that Smashbox does. It smudges out really well for a soft look or you could go really dramatic. Love the brown and a light grey color. Also love their lip glosses.

Back
Top Bottom