girly stuff..?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kristie said:
anyway, speaking of girly stuff, I'm having a fashion problem cos I'm a fashion disaster, but I'm posting about it in The Thread... :no: WHAT DO I WEAAAAAR

:shrug: I have the same exact problem! It seems like I have tons of clothes but nothing to WEAR!!!

:scratch: I know I was the one who asked about the zits...but I just started a new combination of stuff for my face that seems to be working for me (I have probs with dry skin too!) so I thought I'd pass on the info...

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne wash twice a day and

in the morning, Oil of Olay (after the Neutrogena) and in the evening, after the Neutrogena, I use Neutrogena pore-clearing treatment. The Oil of Olay seems to get rid of the dryness, so long as I don't put on TOO much!

I can't live without Oil of Olay Foaming Face Wash for Sensitive Skin.

One of my biggest problems is shaving my legs. No matter what kind of razor or shaving gel I use I always get a zillion nicks.

wertsie said:

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne wash twice a day and

in the morning, Oil of Olay (after the Neutrogena) and in the evening, after the Neutrogena, I use Neutrogena pore-clearing treatment. The Oil of Olay seems to get rid of the dryness, so long as I don't put on TOO much!

I do the same thing, but use a Purpose Cleansing Bar, and my skin is amazingly clear at the moment.

Now that I say that, watch me have 20 zits tomorrow. :sigh:

I miss high school and college when I had perfect skin. :scream:

LOL @ this topic! Lies' morning routine.......

7:00 alarm.get up.pee.wash face.brush teeth.insert contacts.get back in bed.

8:00 alarm. up for real, get "dressed" - uh, jeans, t-shirt, hoodie (maybe a sweater if I feel like making a choice at such an early hour)

8:10 remove and adjust ponytail from after last night's shower, unless it's still good, then attempt to gather the longer flyaways with clips. note - brushing my hair would result in a power surge due to static electricity, so yeah, none 'o that now. deodorize.

8:15 stare at self, apply lotion to arms and a tiny bit to face if it's dry outside. cover any zits with concealer, add a little blush/bronzer if I still look dead, which is 9 times out of 10, apply eyeliner and mascera, eyeshadow if I'm feeling creative.

8:20 shoes, coat, mittens, hoods (high of 16 tomorrow!) shoulder bag....off to "Politics of AIDS in Africa" what a way to start the day.

*edited to add that the reason it takes a full 10 minutes to get dressed is because I like to do so while still in bed, which is quite a trick with another bed like a foot above me.....

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

*edited to add that the reason it takes a full 10 minutes to get dressed is because I like to do so while still in bed, which is quite a trick with another bed like a foot above me.....

:coocoo: :laugh:

wertsie said:
Anybody have any good tips for beating acne? I never used to have a problem with it, but now all of a sudden I am! Well, it's better right now so I'm hoping...:lol:

I had used that Proactive stuff they sell on the infomercials... I don't have bad acne, just the occasional zit or two around that time of the month, but this stuff worked well for me. However, I've since switched to a more animal-friendly product... I now use some kind of acne gel from Mary Kay but I can't remember the name of it... it works well, too.

I just need to say that I :heart: the Body by Victoria line of bras and underwear at Victoria's Secret, especially the seamless shaping demi bra. They better never discontinue that bra cuz I plan to wear those till I die!!! The bras are pricey but I stock up twice a year during their semi-annual clearance sales, when you can buy the bras for $20.

I also recently tried their Very Sexy line of bras and love the seamless push-up bra. :yes:

both my good bras randomly broke this week, like the underwire...
not that anyone can notice on the outside
but I think it's time for new bras

random beauty stuff...

erised said:

I had used that Proactive stuff they sell on the infomercials... I don't have bad acne, just the occasional zit or two around that time of the month, but this stuff worked well for me. However, I've since switched to a more animal-friendly product... I now use some kind of acne gel from Mary Kay but I can't remember the name of it... it works well, too.

I tried the Proactive stuff, but it really dried up my skin.

Right now I have a zit on my chin. :grumpy: I guess it's almost that time of the month. :|

I can't go to Walgreens... I always end up spending $40.00 + on stuff I never knew I always needed. :crack:

Got a new lipstick... turned out to be almost the exact same shade of 10 of my other lipsticks. :huh:

*argh, I can't type!*

Last edited:
The Proactive stuff also dried up my skin too. I have the typical oily in the t-zone skin and oddly enough it dried out the skin on my chin and around my nose to the point it was flaky. I've been using the Olay Daily Facial cloth things and love them and so far so good.

I do hate it when you find the perfect bra and then they discontinue it right before you need to restock. I swear that is more torturous than when the underwire comes out and pokes and prods you in all the wrong places!

One of my bras broke once and the underwire came through the front of my blouse and everyone noticed but me. :eek:

Talk about embarrassing. I haven't had any bra mishaps...yet!

Once when I spilled tea down the front of my white shirt I got so tired of everyone asking what happened...like they couldnt figure it out...so I took an arrow shaped post-it note, wrote spilled tea and stuck it on the shirt pointing to the stain. Needless to say the vice president of our company was visiting that day and I had forgotten to remove it and ended up meeting him. At least it gave him a little laugh.

Kariann said:
Talk about embarrassing. I haven't had any bra mishaps...yet!

Once when I spilled tea down the front of my white shirt I got so tired of everyone asking what happened...like they couldnt figure it out...so I took an arrow shaped post-it note, wrote spilled tea and stuck it on the shirt pointing to the stain. Needless to say the vice president of our company was visiting that day and I had forgotten to remove it and ended up meeting him. At least it gave him a little laugh.

:lmao:

I can relate, I always spill stuff on my clothes. :huh:

my fav hair products = anything by Aveda :love:

makeup: Estee Lauder

lotion that i have fallen in love with Bath Body Works deep mositure Body Butter *scent Moonlight Path*

beauty tip: when my hair has static in it during the winter months i put a little bit of body lotion in my hands and run it through my hair. it works everytime

and of course the facial powder on the lips helps with keeping lipstick on longer.

oh and to hide those grey hairs that i have, i take my mascara and run it over the strains that are sticking out. it is a quick hair dye fix *my hair is black, so it is easy to cover up the grey but easy for the grey to stick out*

unwelcome insomnia already (this is what, my second day back at school?) has prompted me to dig up some older thread.

why i chose this one, i can't figure out.

i don't have any bra stories, make up tips or anything...
i wake up 5 minutes before i have to leave, and can't turn on the light...yes i have been known to go out wearing inside out shirts...no i haven't done that in atleast 6 years...

Back
Top Bottom