Girls, I feel so frustrated :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sherry Darling

New Yorker
After all we did...53 letters sent to Paul O'Neill. And now he's gone. I can't believe it was for nothing though. I'll start all over again with the NEW Treasurer if I have too. And Bush is still there. But still, I am PISSED and frustrated. Bono's Angels accomplished a LOT and I'm not going anywhere! :) DATA and Jubilee, I know, can use volunteers. There is still a lot to do!

Just thought I'd vent so I can regroup! Thanks for listening girls! :)

Off to Dublin tomorrow, (naturally, when Bono's in the US *sigh*m ;)),

Sherry Darlin

Sherry Darling said:
After all we did...53 letters sent to Paul O'Neill. And now he's gone. I can't believe it was for nothing though. I'll start all over again with the NEW Treasurer if I have too. And Bush is still there. But still, I am PISSED and frustrated. Bono's Angels accomplished a LOT and I'm not going anywhere! :) DATA and Jubilee, I know, can use volunteers. There is still a lot to do!

Just thought I'd vent so I can regroup! Thanks for listening girls! :)

Off to Dublin tomorrow, (naturally, when Bono's in the US *sigh*m ;)),

Sherry Darlin

:hug: Yeah, I think we what have to do is just not lose hope...Because as soon as hope is gone, we're really screwed.

And on that last note...Yeah, Bono'd better be in the country when I'M in Dublin this summer!

Do we know yet whose replacing O'Neill? Cause maybe we can arrange it so that our letters and emails are the FIRST things he sees when he steps into office.

But yeah, I was shocked when I read that O'Neill was leaving... I was like "WHAT NOW?"

But we can always hold out the hope that whoever comes in will be MORE sympathetic than O'Neill.

It hasn't been announced who's replacing O'Neill. For awhile there was a most horrid rumor that it'd be Phil Gramm. I thought that if was him we'd indeed be f:censored:d. Now they are circulating other names........this stuff has me frustrated, too. But you're right, hippy, as soon as we lose hope, we're screwed. Let's not give up! Let's keep writing Congress and the President and whoever else we need to pressure.......if you're like me you have a vote! Even if you're too young to vote or whatever you can make an impact with your opinion.

As far as Bono being in the U.S, isn't he supposed to go back to Dublin after this tour? I'll bet the guy's going to need a vacation *big tiime*. He worked so damn hard on this tour. Smile, we should be proud of our man!!!! I know I am!!!:yes: :yes:

don't worry sherry...when you start the new letter campaign to the new treasurer, bono's angels will be right here with you!!

elizabeth said:
don't worry sherry...when you start the new letter campaign to the new treasurer, bono's angels will be right here with you!!

Oh, absolutely. Have Word program, will use........:yes: :yes:

It wasn't for nothing. You may never know what kind of influence you had on O'Neill. Who knows where he'll go next, and what he'll do. He thought about what you all told him; he thought about what Bono told him and showed him. Now he moves on and extends that circle of knowledge and influence. Don't worry; he'll remember all that he learned.

martha said:
It wasn't for nothing. You may never know what kind of influence you had on O'Neill. Who knows where he'll go next, and what he'll do. He thought about what you all told him; he thought about what Bono told him and showed him. Now he moves on and extends that circle of knowledge and influence. Don't worry; he'll remember all that he learned.

As usual words of wisdom Martha.

:up: to the Angels... :heart:

bammo2 said:
- so what's this John Snow guy like then?

wow...this has nothing to do with angels or activism...

i can't believe it...his name is john snow? that's wild. that's the name of one of the coolest charactes in my favorite books ever.
amazing. maybe it's a good omen.

verte76 said:
As far as Bono being in the U.S, isn't he supposed to go back to Dublin after this tour? I'll bet the guy's going to need a vacation *big tiime*. He worked so damn hard on this tour. Smile, we should be proud of our man!!!! I know I am!!!:yes: :yes:

Me, too. This tour across the heartland has caused me to add even more heaps of respect and admiration on for Bono. I'm always proud of this guy and his efforts.

Martha, words well said. O'Neill could still do that.

Whoever we get will hopefully be willing to help out (John Snow-first I'd ever heard of him-yeah, maybe this is a good omen, elizabeth, that'd be cool).

And even if this new treasury secretary turns out to be a real jerk, we can still have hope for other people in the administration (we can just continue to bug the hell out of the Bush administration in general :D).

Nobody here even think of giving up hope. Think of the people in Africa who need our help. Think of Bono. We must press onward.

Man...where's a good motivational type speech from Bono when ya need one?

Angela

Last edited:
Thanks ladies! :) I really appreciate all the encouragement and kind words. So we've got letters to get to this Snow fella now, eh? When I get back to the states on the 16th, I'll be on it! :)

Thanks from a Net cafe in Dublin,
SD

ANGELS! It's time for action! I'm sure you've all gotten the same email... but I got an email today asking for me to call into the White House next Wednesday!

Sherry, would you like to start a new thread about this? If I don't hear from you soon, I'll go ahead and start this because I think this is imperative at this time in the campaign against AIDS :yes:

Anyway, all hope is NOT lost! Bush is making a trip to Africa in January and it has the possibility to be big!

Peace :)

~a very excited hippy

Hey Hippy! Just started that thread in the main forum before I even saw your kind offer. :) Happy dialing to all!

Merry merry,
Cheryl

Hi Sherry! :wave: :hug:

I'm with you, I'll dial, write and do what we have to do, we'll never give up!

Back
Top Bottom