girls-do you shake real bad when bono hugs you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

all those lucky girls who met bono,how did you react

• I SHOOK VIOLENTLY AND HE HAD TO HOLD ME UP OR I WOULD OF COLLAPSED

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • I TREMBLED SLIGHTY BUT THEM BAWLED MY EYES OUT

• I GOT A HUG AND THOUGHT I WOULD PASS OUT,BUT STAYED COOL

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • I WAS ABIT STANDOFFISH TO HIDE THE SHAME OF HOW CRAZY I WAS OVER HIM

• I TOTALLY WENT OVER THE TOP AND MOBBED HIM AND NOW HE RUNS IF HE SEES ME

• IT WAS COOL,I FELT NORMAL THOUGH HE SEEMED UNEASY

• I WAS STUNNED AND COULDN'T GET ANY WORDS OUT,HE HUGGED ME AND SAID SOME FOR ME

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • NONE OF THESE,SEE MY REPLY ON POST

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters
ruffian said:
i was lucky to get a kiss, and oddly enough, i didn't freak out until about 10 minutes after I left...then I looked at my friends (who als got kisses) and we were really giddy and happy! and then a big seagull pooped all over me after I got back in the GA line, just to keep my ego in check :wink: a rather poetic ending to a momentous event!

thats one jelous seagull

:laugh:

My hand was really trembling but stopped when he took it in both of his hands :)drool: ).....After the whole thing was over I went over to the grass, in a state of amazement, and shed a little tear or two because it was so overwhelming and exciting.

:reject:

starsgoblue said:
My hand was really trembling but stopped when he took it in both of his hands :)drool: ).....After the whole thing was over I went over to the grass, in a state of amazement, and shed a little tear or two because it was so overwhelming and exciting.

:reject:

thats so beautiful-thanks for sharing :)

i like your polling options...thy're funny and oft true! :shifty:

I'll tell you if I actually do finally get to meet him!
Hopefully plenty of opportunties in NYC this Fall :D [yes I realize the luck in them playing here so often!!! don't have any tix yet for Oct/or Nov.]

After being a fan for 24 years I wouldn't be suprised if i do shake some!
But i hope I can say something...I have some ideas to get the quick convo going [:uhoh: if I don't freeze up]. I did see s a few guys get pretty wowed out after meeting him this past May < i was too far away as the crowd suddenly shifted. :sigh: >

I've meet The Edge, got autograph, BUT soooo cold/tired AND SHOCKED/he was the last one out and the only one to step out of his car/van that night/ I'd NEVER met ANY of them before-- the few of us left the last night of NYC fall 2001 gigs after they stayed inside alot longer after show-- that I didn't :ohmy: even say 'thank you' till I heard some one else say it! :yikes: so inconsiderate!

I meet Adam this year {after SNL} and Larry, too {after MSG gig}.
Adam was spooked during a overreactive fan last year at their HQ that I didn't do anything more than shake his hand & say thanks.
Larry, I shook his hand, took a few pics as he was signing others stuff and a pic of someone else with him.
Managed to stay mostly calm outwardly, but was anxious/happy inside. It was later I was OH WOW!!! outwardly and was like that on & off for days.
With Bono...it'll be more Intense, tho.

ANd I do want to have my pic w each of them { patience, & more Patience :laugh: } eventually! Since i've actually had a first meeting w the 3 of them already...I think i can be pretty calm next time even asking for a photo with each. :hopes so:

And Passingcat the REASON i started doing all of this...was even though I've seen them live from '03 onward I and freinds have NEVER gotten even good, let alone great seats or {for me anyway} GA Tix for U2!

I finally decided the ONLY way I was even going to be able to see them upclose WAS by standing outside the concert venue before /or after :D ANd it's been working over time :D !!

But I STILL want to see them upclose in Concert :grumpy: I've seen every other great Live R&R band I've ever wanted to see {so far} close up at some point or another....{WHo, Bruce lots of others...} except U2!

Last edited:
the first time i met bono on the elevation tour, i couldn't get a word out. i remember shaking his hand, and wanting to say something to him. i think i finally blurted out 'i love you' cuz that's when he kissed my hand :faint:

me and my friend (valvenus8) were shaking for several minutes after we met him. in fact we were still shaking till we went over and bought t-shirts and went inside the arena. i even hugged a complete stranger LOL!

i met him in chicago back in may on this tour, and i was remarkably calm and talked to him and gave him the birthday card. in fact i think i was more nervous talking to the guy with the camera making the dvd when they interviewed me than when i talked to bono, lol. :shrug:

I hung out with Bono years ago (Joshua Tree) and was nervous, but got over it, he and I and my friend hung out for about eight hours. Then I saw him a few years ago and I was nervous when I saw him, but when he hugged me that went away.

Back
Top Bottom