Gearing up for the Grammys...7..6..5..4..3..2..1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ROTFL Mona...

VH1 Dude: news... blah blah blah... Grammy... blah blah blah... U2

Katie: *head pops up like a dog* Grammy?

*bolts out of kitchen into living room, slips in the hallway and falls*

Katie: Must go on... Grammy!

VH1 Dude: Anyways, that's all our music news. Back to VH1.

*Creed video starts*

Katie: Grammy... *collapses in defeat*

For there has never been a story of more woe,
Than this of Katie and her Bono

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Now America looks smart and, dare I say it, sexy again." ~ Bono, 2000

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
For there has never been a story of more woe,
Than this of Katie and her Bono

BUWAHAHAHAAHA!!!!
smile.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

"This is very un-hip, you know, having the bleeding heart here...I've a reputation to live down to." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Hippy an ongoing grammy thread is a great idea, however my comp is in one room and the TV in the other.....

I suppose I could brush up on my sprinting skills in the next day....

------------------
Daisy

and you become the monster
so the monster will not break you

Originally posted by daisybean:
Hippy an ongoing grammy thread is a great idea, however my comp is in one room and the TV in the other.....

I suppose I could brush up on my sprinting skills in the next day....

Hehe...remember in middle school PE when you had to run those short little sprints and pick up the bean bag? Or was that just torture from my school? lol

*hippy draws chalk lines and places bean bags on the floor, grabs stopwatch to time Daisy as she does her sprints*
smile.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

"This is very un-hip, you know, having the bleeding heart here...I've a reputation to live down to." -Bono

Originally posted by daisybean:

Thus is one advantage of a teeny weeny dorm room. However, my roomie tends to set up shop right in front of the TV. BUT she's got an exam GrammyNight. Man, that would suck.
I'm going to go see if I can hook myself up with some graham crackers... tomorrow

------------------
"You's put on de leada' pants, de pants start tellin' ya' whut t'do. 'S coo', bro. WORD!" ~Bono

Originally posted by hippyactress:
Hehe...remember in middle school PE when you had to run those short little sprints and pick up the bean bag? Or was that just torture from my school? lol

*hippy draws chalk lines and places bean bags on the floor, grabs stopwatch to time Daisy as she does her sprints*
smile.gif

We used to call those "suicides," I didn't mind those, but I hated the 8 laps around the track as the "midterm" and "final"

------------------
Daisy

and you become the monster
so the monster will not break you

Is there going to be a time change and tape delay and such crap? I have no clue. But if not, I'll be here I think. Except my record button on my remote doesn't work... I have to dive to the vcr.
smile.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Oooohhh!! I want to watch the Grammy's with all of you, but I am actually going to a U2 Grammy Party. The Toronto U2 mailing list is having a party at a local Irish pub, and after the Grammy's there will be a U2 cover band doing a one hour set. It should be awesome. I wish that you guys could all come. Then noone would think that I was insane when I started drooling whenever they show our boys
biggrin.gif

Mrs. Edge, you are going, right??? I can't wait to meet you
biggrin.gif

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

I shall try, my TV is on the other side of the house and my computer is in my room, worse though, I'm sickly, and will probably fall asleep in the middle (OOOO! Edge's speech from last year just came on my computer) I hope I can stay awake for at least U2's performance.

------------------
Dana

"U2 is hot."
-random girl from my math class.

Dana, gimme your phone number and I shall call you and yell at you to wake up when our boys are on!
wink.gif

Well, I guess I feel lucky that I'm in a dorm and my computer is about 3 feet from the television
smile.gif

Okay, tonight I'm starting a thread party and you all are invited to drop by anytime
smile.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

Originally posted by hippyactress:
Dana, gimme your phone number and I shall call you and yell at you to wake up when our boys are on!
wink.gif

Excellent
biggrin.gif
I will try though my VERY bestest to stay awake. Last night though, I had my Zoo TV tape on, and I was sleeping before they even came on on stage
eek.gif

------------------
Dana

"U2 is hot."

Yes, I shall be there, and so will Mr. Edge! I'm really looking forward to meeting you as well!! (I have changed the phrase "you too" to "you as well" for obvious reasons)!
biggrin.gif

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow, it's only a day aawaaayyy!!!!

You can call this year's Grammys "U2, Part 2." ~Grammy.com

predict_bono.jpg

GrammyAward.JPG

Experts say U2 will win pop group vocal Grammy!!! (we KNOW that
tongue.gif
)

Bono.jpg

Bono.jpg

biggrin.gif

again, i am jealous of all who have high U2 fan bases in your cities and can go to cool grammy parties at Irish pubs. oh well, since i cannot join in that excitement, have a pint for me. I will be watching tomorrow night and will make the sprints from my room to my computer room to participate in our virtual grammy party!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

*also wishes that Larry and Adam will talk and that Larry will wear his mesh so we can all see his man groove and clevage!
wink.gif

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:
again, i am jealous of all who have high U2 fan bases in your cities and can go to cool grammy parties at Irish pubs. oh well, since i cannot join in that excitement, have a pint for me. I will be watching tomorrow night and will make the sprints from my room to my computer room to participate in our virtual grammy party!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

*also wishes that Larry and Adam will talk and that Larry will wear his mesh so we can all see his man groove and clevage!
wink.gif

Yeah really, the West Lafayette U2 Society basically consists of Me.
And if Larry wears his mesh AND talks, I will seriously pass out.

------------------
What's wrong with this picture?
Keep looking, you'll figure it out.

Originally posted by Kristie:
Yeah really, the West Lafayette U2 Society basically consists of Me.
And if Larry wears his mesh AND talks, I will seriously pass out.

Hmm...that sounds like where I live. I swear the people here think U2 was a spy plane...not a band, course it WAS a spy plane, but I don't normally wear shirts with spy planes on them

*Dana busts out in a round of that Annie song..."Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're only a DAY AWAY"* (the windows just shattered
eek.gif
)

------------------
Dana

"U2 is hot."

ManIwishtheGrammysweretonight!!! Aaaargh! Anyway, I really want to watch the Grammys on PLEBA. (If there's a Madison Grammy U2 get-together planned, I haven't heard about it.) But unfortunately, the TV in my room doesn't get CBS (it gets like 3 channels) so I'll have to watch it in the living room. And my computer is in here. And what if I MISS something???!?!?? But I'll probably sprint in here during commercials.
biggrin.gif

Hippy! Daisy! We had to do those bean baggy things, too! Did you guys also have the standing long jump every fall and spring? Did they make you run the mile? And see how many pull-ups you could do? And see how flexible you were? *flashes back to elementary school*

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
~Andrew Jackson

me too! me too! Hey Dallas doooods....is there a Grammys get together somewhere???

Well, just think, tomorrow night (zactly 24 hours from NOW, U2 will have won a gazillion Grammys, YAY!) I guess I will be HERE or on the chat or whatever...

*forces self to go to be early to stay up late tomorrow night*

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:
again, i am jealous of all who have high U2 fan bases in your cities and can go to cool grammy parties at Irish pubs.

Hehe...Mirrorball Girl...YES! Geez, middle school pe was SUCH torture...

Anyway gals, the party is already happening in the "You can call this year's Grammys "U2:part 2"" thread...

Come in and hang out! We'll be here tonight....and tomorrow! And of course tomorrow night!
biggrin.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

Back
Top Bottom