Gearing up for the Grammys...7..6..5..4..3..2..1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Foadie:
*BUMP* OMG! 3 days!!!!

102198.jpg

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY 3 days

But Argh, the curse of the red x got your pic
frown.gif

------------------
Daisy

and you become the monster
so the monster will not break you

[This message has been edited by daisybean (edited 02-24-2002).]

This has probably been mentioned before, but I just noticed it (sometimes the rusted wheels of my mind turn a bit slow). Edge was wearing a 3 shirt and they took home 3 grammys last year. He seems very partial to his 7 shirt, is it a sign???????

*crosses fingers*

------------------
Daisy

and you become the monster
so the monster will not break you

photo13.jpg

Adam: *pinches Edge's sweet ars*
Edge: *!* Not now, Adam! Can't you wait til we're back in the car?
Bono: GRRRRRAMM-AYS!!!!! YA!
Larry: How did i get suck with these three. Feck it all. *snarl*

------------------
~Julie*
ScottPhisto's Shampoo Girl

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

The Fly: *looking at Edge* Did you have a dictionary for breakfast or something?
(MPS)

"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEE!"

my friends and i had a very successful grammy jammy party this weekend in preparation for the big night. (i just found out my sister's basketball game, on teh way to the championship is the same night. will not think about this right now)

anyway, my contributions. U2 will rock the house.

bono_grammys_cell.jpg

edgelar_socute.JPG

bola_grammy.jpg

atthegrammies.jpg

aww flashback!

------------------
Every reason that's not enough
Is falling, falling at your feet

High..Higher
Macphisto: Try A Taste Of Martini

Originally posted by FallDownJulie:
photo13.jpg

smile.gif
You peeps need to stop posting pics of that jacket! Everytime I see it I want it more!

*covets*

^ and that's a sin you know, you are are determined to send me to hell, huh?
wink.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

"This is very un-hip, you know, having the bleeding heart here...I've a reputation to live down to." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

z edge- actually I didn't really have anything to say here.
biggrin.gif

Sicy!!!!!! Ah that will rock so much, thanks!
Oh and I just wanted an excuse to post this again, haha:
3337848%3B23232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E752%3E368%3EWSNRCG%3D3232387885723nu0mrj

(sorry, hippy!
frown.gif
)

bola_grammy.jpg

may i ask what Lars is doing with his award?

------------------
~Julie*
ScottPhisto's Shampoo Girl

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

The Fly: *looking at Edge* Did you have a dictionary for breakfast or something?
(MPS)

"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEE!"

Mixing cold medicine and high altitude (went skiing this weekend) = crazzzzy dreams!

In my dream I was watching the Grammies at home with all of my family and friends.

U2 wins for best Soul group
biggrin.gif

Up walks MacPhisto to accept the award!!! He had the gold suit, red horns .... the whole bit! The acceptance speech was totally wacked out, he said the you've made me very rich line...
eek.gif

I turn and see all of my family and friends *jaws dropped* and I wake up in a cold sweat!

This is cool, has anyone seen this yet? Is this an actual cover? What a good drawing of Bono, looks just like him, open mouth and all!

rollingmagazine_s.jpg

------------------
"I was born a MacPhisto"

Originally posted by FallDownJulie:
(sorry, hippy!
frown.gif
)

bola_grammy.jpg

may i ask what Lars is doing with his award?

*sigh*

I guess it's okay
wink.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

"This is very un-hip, you know, having the bleeding heart here...I've a reputation to live down to." -Bono

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
This is cool, has anyone seen this yet? Is this an actual cover? What a good drawing of Bono, looks just like him, open mouth and all!

rollingmagazine_s.jpg

Yeah, they got his mouth right. *thinks of that thread*
biggrin.gif

And Daisyyour shirt theory is intriguing! Can "we" be so lucky!?

------------------
MESH RULES!!!!!
(thanks to Bono's American Wife)

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

Ay ay! Two days!!! I have made a pact: I'm not going to listen to any other CD than ATYCLB all the way up until the Grammys! I don't know if that will jinx them..oh well..I think its good luck! (and good music of course!)
tongue.gif

watermark

Originally posted by Foadie:
Ay ay! Two days!!! I have made a pact: I'm not going to listen to any other CD than ATYCLB all the way up until the Grammys! I don't know if that will jinx them..oh well..I think its good luck! (and good music of course!)
tongue.gif

Good idea, Foadie!

When I get home ATYCLB is going in the machine! Woohoo!
smile.gif
Yay Grammys! Can't wait!
smile.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

Do-feckin-od!

You know what would be a blast? If all us PLEBAns watched the Grammys together!

Who's with me on starting a thread and we can all watch together and post as soon as things happen?

Can't think of any people I would rather spend Grammy night with!
biggrin.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

Originally posted by mocool12:

3337848%3B23232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E752%3E368%3EWSNRCG%3D3232387885723nu0mrj

OMG-how did I miss this? ROTFLMAO

Gee-I'm sure Edge, at this very moment, is SO NERVOUS about how to please Joan w/ his outfit.
rolleyes.gif

icon21.gif
@ Joan

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam
The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry
No, I will not do the snake dance for you~Bono

Originally posted by Ana:
I just hope this year Adam or Larry say something *just popped into head Jame's song "say something"*
biggrin.gif

Enough of Mr. B-man!
mad.gif

Enough of Mr. The Edge
mad.gif

We want Mr. Snarly and Mr. BaggyPants doing the talking!!!

MEEEEEEESSSSSHHHHHH!!!!

A_064.jpg

------------------
90% lazy. 10% something else.

Judoooooooo Chop!

Sunday, February 24, 2002 - 12:27 a.m. Pacific

Music
Grammys with guts: This year's nominations bypass the usual megastars in favor of artists with lasting appeal

By Patrick MacDonald
Seattle Times music critic

Bono

For veteran Grammy watchers, this is a great year.

The annual awards presentation by the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences (NARAS) has often been disappointing in the past, because sales seemed to be the deciding factor, rather than art or craft. Challenging, creative artists were often ignored while one-hit wonders and flavors-of-the-month walked away with the trophies.

Not so this year, as least in the major pop categories. None of the formula, business-as-usual megastars ? the Britneys, the Backstreet Boys, the 'N Syncs and the like ? were nominated for the top spots, and neither were any of the multimillion-selling, morally bankrupt rappers, or angry, macho rockers like Linkin Park, whose "Hybrid Theory" was the best-selling album of 2001, with 4.8 million sold (it has since gone up to 7 million).

Instead, the nominees for the top categories of album, record and song of the year are worthy, substantial works by artists who are either well established or are going to be around for a while. It's likely that the big winners at the ceremony Wednesday night at the Staples Center in Los Angeles (to be broadcast at 8 p.m. on CBS) will be veteran rock band U2 and exciting newcomer Alicia Keys.

U2 leads the
field with eight nominations, and it wouldn't be surprising if the Irish band won seven of them (in one category, for best rock song, it's competing against itself). Keys is nominated in six categories, the most important being best new artist, which she should win.

The contest for album of the year ? the top prize and the one given out last ? should go to U2 for its great "All That You Can't Leave Behind," because of the quality of its music and the fact that the band was the biggest thing going in 2001. Not only did the CD go triple platinum, but the band also mounted the biggest tour of the year, playing 80 shows in 56 cities (including the Tacoma Dome in April). The tour sold 1.4 million tickets and grossed $109.7 million.

And when lead singer Bono wasn't on stage or visiting the kids on MTV's "Total Request Live," he was out saving the world, campaigning to cancel the debt of Third World nations to the World Bank and other international lenders.

Another veteran act, Bob Dylan, is U2's main contender for album of the year. "Love and Theft" is Dylan's worthy follow-up to "Time Out of Mind," which won for best album in 1999. That brilliant disc had Dylan contemplating his own mortality, as he turned 60. The new disc examines a wider variety of issues, and isn't as accessible, so it may be a longshot.

The phenomenal "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" soundtrack could also win most of the 12,000 NARAS members' votes in the album category, because it, along with the movie, re-established old-timey, traditional country music as a potent force in American culture. The disc is deep in variety and talent, featuring such artists as Alison Krauss & Union Station, Emmylou Harris and Ralph Stanley. It would be a credible, worthy victor.

Also nominated is "Stankonia," by melodic, clean-cut rappers OutKast ? a win for them would elevate and honor quality hip-hop ? and "Acoustic Soul" by newcomer India.Arie, who is an appealing if sometimes a too-precious artist.

Sheryl Crow is nominated for best female country vocals, along with Lucinda Williams, Dolly Parton, Trisha Yearwood and Jamie O'Neal.

It's somewhat surprising that her album got the nod instead of that by another, far more substantial newcomer, Alicia Keys. But Keys is recognized in the record- (for artist and producer) and song- (for songwriter) of-the-year categories, for her moving "Fallin'," from her critically and commercially successful "Songs In A Minor" album.

Keys and India.Arie are both nominated in the prestigious best-new-artist category, along with Linkin Park, Canadian singer Nelly ("I'm Like A Bird") Furtado and singer David Gray. Keys seems a shoo-in, although the likable Furtado may edge her out. Or maybe this category is where voters will revert to their old ways and honor Linkin Park for its commercial success.

Because of the "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" effect, some of the most intriguing contests are in the country-music categories, with slick country stars pitted against cutting-edge traditionalists. Lucinda Williams and Sheryl Crow are nominated for female country vocals, along with Dolly Parton, Trisha Yearwood and Jamie O'Neal. In the male-vocal field, multi-talented newcomer Ryan Adams ? who's primarily a rock singer ? is nominated, along with Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Ralph Stanley and Lyle Lovett.

"O Brother" cuts show up in several country categories, but it's not nominated for best country album. Big sellers Tim McGraw, Trisha Yearwood and Diamond Rio are nominated, along with the veteran Willie Nelson.

With so many close, interesting nominees in the pop categories, the TV broadcast will be more suspenseful than most previous ones.

As always, one of the best things about the show will probably be the live performances. U2, Alicia Keys, the Dave Matthews Band and several "O Brother, Where Are Thou?" artists, including Alison Krauss, Emmylou Harris, Gillian Welch, Ralph Stanley and The Soggy Bottom Boys, are set to perform. 'N Sync will join with dance-oriented hip-hopper Nelly, an interesting pairing. Hosting the show is comedian Jon Stewart.

Patrick MacDonald: 206-464-2312 or pmacdonald@seattletimes.com.

Copyright ? 2002 The Seattle Times Company

Originally posted by hippyactress:
Do-feckin-od!

Who's with me on starting a thread and we can all watch together and post as soon as things happen?

biggrin.gif

I think this is a wonderful idea hippy...
and although I wont be able to join you girls(some friends and I are gathering to drink a few Guinness in honor of our boys sweeping the awards
wink.gif
)
I will be on here straight away after(maybe in a bit of a celebratory mood ) to swoon over how AMAZING it all was !!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

(cheers, Echo
biggrin.gif
-- we came up with this randomly the other day)

15 years later.....Edge is still making his Joshua Tree Grammy acceptance speech:

EDGE: .....Batman and Robin.... Jesus.... Mr Goodbar.... Tom Hanks..... the guy on the Pringles can... Bonzi Buddy..... Britney Spears...... Bono..... Little Bono...... Clippy the Paper Clip from Microsoft Works...... PeeWee Herman.... James Joyce... Hello Kitty..... the Crayola crayon mascot...... the cow on Elmer's Glue..... Thomas Hardy....Pac-Man....Joey Ramone......the guy who invented Tetris..... Captain Crunch...... Jackson Browne.... the Velvet Underground bananananananana....... David Letterman....... Spock........ Neil Young...... Mrs. Butterworth....... Jay and Silent Bob......... Stephen Hawking.... Tom Servo.... Aunt Jemima, too..... the running AIM guy.... Franz Kafka........ Colonel Klink....... Dr. Zhivago.....Dr. Strangelove....... Dr. Scholl..... Dr. Matren.........Dr. Feelgood....

BONO: Yes? What?

EDGE: Pikachu...... He-Man and She-Ra.... Bruce Springsteen's rear view......The smurfs..... My Little Pony.... Jackson Pollack.... Elton John........ Charles DeGaulle....... the Mona Lisa.....the guy who invented footie pajamas..... Babar King of the Elephants.... the Green Lantern.... Jacques Cousteau....George Lucas' plaid shirts.....OH YEAH and the guy who invented the geetar. Em, thank you folks.

BONO: And don't forget the owl on that commercial

EDGE: eh?

BONO: You know. How many licks....

EDGE: O_O

BONO: The Tootsie Pop.....

EDGE: OH. I thought....oh.

LARRY: you THOUGHT? I've always KNOWN.....

MONA: IX-NAY ON THE OUTH-MAY!!!

SECURITY: get her off the stage.

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

Kick start my rock 'n rollin? heart. ~J.E.W.

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

"I...I had a one night stand with the Discoteque video" ~Mona
The Man Corral

LOL Mona...

Okay, so we'll all hang out Grammy night...I have to work until 8
frown.gif

But then I'm running back home and posting on PLEBA...maybe we should start the thread tomorrow night...and then it'll be all set up and ready to go, for people to drop in at will
smile.gif

Woohoo! Our very own PLEBA grammy party!
smile.gif

Cause no one here will even understand HALF my excitement when U2 wins
smile.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

Originally posted by browneyedgirl:
Do-feckin-od!

biggrin.gif

I think this is a wonderful idea hippy...
and although I wont be able to join you girls(some friends and I are gathering to drink a few Guinness in honor of our boys sweeping the awards
wink.gif
)
I will be on here straight away after(maybe in a bit of a celebratory mood ) to swoon over how AMAZING it all was !!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

That sounds like fun but I won't be able to play. Around here, no one is allowed to hog the computer and the TV at the same time
frown.gif

*is greedy*

[This message has been edited by Desire4Bono (edited 02-25-2002).]

Cause no one here will even understand HALF my excitement when U2 wins
smile.gif

I'm already stocked up on Ritalin...
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Now America looks smart and, dare I say it, sexy again." ~ Bono, 2000

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
I'm already stocked up on Ritalin...
biggrin.gif

AT HOME
MOM: Breakfast?

MONA: Yes, I'm getting some Golden Grahams......!!!!!!!! GRAMMY

MOM: What?

MONA: THE GRAMMYS. ARE. WEDNESDAY.

MOM: O dear.

MONA: I remember last year's Grammys...

DAD: *builds fort for the family to hide in while Mona rambles*

AT SCHOOL
TEACHER: Role call....

EVERYONE: Here.

MONA: Grammy.

AFTER SCHOOL, TUTORING THE COOLEST FROSH EVER
FELIS: oh I GET IT. You have y equal that and....wait I can't multiply the fractions. How do you do it?

MONA: I'm bad at fractions. Use my Grammy.

FELIS: my pencil lead keep breaking!

MONA: Oh, I have some in my Grammy.

AFTER SCHOOL STILL, GETTING CANDY FROM TEACHERS
MONA: Can I trade you the green lollipop for the orange one?

MR B: Sure...I forgot you're one of the few people who likes the orange ones

MONA: No one like the orange Grammys?

MR B: Not a lot of people.

MONA: OK I should go home...o wait my Grammy's untied.

AT HOME AGAIN
MOM: You got mail from Catholic.

MONA: I wonder if.....I GOT A GRAMMY

MOM: .....are you SURE it's not too late to apply to an out-of-state school?

ANYWAY THE POINT IS .....well I'm rather excited

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

Kick start my rock 'n rollin? heart. ~J.E.W.

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

"I...I had a one night stand with the Discoteque video" ~Mona
The Man Corral

Back
Top Bottom