Funny U2 banner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~Angelfire~

The Fly
on a beach, dressed as mermaid...waiting for Larry
in a campaign to bring more visitors to my site i decided to make a new banner ad. i dunno if it's any good but i'll let you guys be the judge:

asfbanneranim2.gif

I want to make more funny ads but i've run outta ideas. any suggestions?? (i know you guys will have plenty of 'em!)

It's great! :up: :yes:

But isn't it a bit too wide? I mean it is very big and maybe can't fit onto every web site that wants to link to you. Just a question. :)

I :heart: your artwork...that adoption center was such a cute idea! It's like nabbing Bono and not going to jail! A PLEBAn's dream come true! :laugh: ;)

FallingStar said:
It's great! :up: :yes:

But isn't it a bit too wide? I mean it is very big and maybe can't fit onto every web site that wants to link to you. Just a question. :)

well, it has to be 468 x 60 (which is standard) so it can be featured on the U2 banner link exchange.

i want to make another ad but i can't think of anything funny to do with it... *hint hint*

~Angelfire~

~Angelfire~ said:

well, it has to be 468 x 60 (which is standard) so it can be featured on the U2 banner link exchange.

i want to make another ad but i can't think of anything funny to do with it... *hint hint*

~Angelfire~
Oh, okay, if you say that it is okay in that size. :)

I don't know, but what about a heart-in-the-suitcase in which someone puts the adoptable guys? You can take them everywhere. Or something. Just some stupid idea.

FallingStar said:

Oh, okay, if you say that it is okay in that size. :)

I don't know, but what about a heart-in-the-suitcase in which someone puts the adoptable guys? You can take them everywhere. Or something. Just some stupid idea.

LOL! that is a cute idea!

*imagines a panic-stricken bono banging on the sides of a suitcase as i take him away* BWAHAHAHA! :evil:

~Angelfire~

Erhm........hey, Angelfire. :wave: Will there be a BabyBonoWithMullet doll at some point in the future?????? :mac:

FallingStar said:
Erhm........hey, Angelfire. :wave: Will there be a BabyBonoWithMullet doll at some point in the future?????? :mac:

possibly in the future but there was a poll not too long ago and i'm creating dolls in the order that they placed. i'm working on macphisto right now (placed 1st), next is bono from popmart, then it's either adam from boy or adam from pop (they tied for 3rd). after that, i'm gonna have another poll to see what doll will be made next.

~Angelfire~

Awesome banner! Great job!

....Kidnapping Larry, now there's an idea......kidding of course! I swear LOL

How about, Bono,Edge,Larry and Adam....All that you CAN'T leave behind....Adopt a U2 member

I know lame, but I'm really not good at these things LOL

Anyway, good luck with future funny banners, the mermaid one is great!

:yes:

Sevikins said:
How do you make those anyway? I mean, I know with Photoshop but what are the steps to making an icon that awesome?

you think it's awesome? THANX! =) anyway, i use Paint Shop Pro 7 and Animation Shop 2 to make animated .gifs. i draw a picture(with the mouse) pixel by pixel. i do this several times creating more "frames" by slightly changing each picture. when i'm done creating all my different pictures, or frames, i put them in the order and duration i want. for my icon i think there are 12 frames involved.

i've had a lot of practice drawing cartoon dolls for a while. about 5 years ago i used to play with this program called "The Palace" and that's where the dolls originated from. i use to make dolls all the time and compete with other doll makers in contests. those days are long over but i still continue to make the cartoon dolls for fun (sad, i know LOL)

Originally posted by the_fly2002
How about, Bono,Edge,Larry and Adam....All that you CAN'T leave behind....Adopt a U2 member

that's a GREAT one! matter of fact, i think i'm gonna make this into a banner right now. thanx for the line!! i'll post the banner when i'm done.

~Angelfire~

Hey! I adopted Elevation Bono! Those dolls are so cute! I can't wait to see the Macphisto one...can we adopt more than one?

Back
Top Bottom