Funny Things That Make You Think U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spinninghead77

Refugee
What things make you think of U2, that normal people would just shake there head at???

Today I was walking through the mall, and one of the stores was playing "Bootylicious". I giggled to myself about how Bono will never be ready for Beyonce's Jelly.

Then I passed a little stand of Leather Clothes. They had a leather vest on display. It looked like something that Bono would have worn in the 80's.

The sad thing is that the only reason that I was at the mall was to send Sicy a package, and to look for "The Passengers" soundtrack. I am U2 Craaaazzzzzyyy!!!

------------------

"In the shower,
which is a natural echo chamber,
I sing like I never have sung on a record.
But the way I always try to sing on records.
Completely bollocks naked!"-Bono

oh it doesn't take much.
biggrin.gif

friend: I haven't seen you in a long time! So how you doing these days?

me: pretty good...my band got nominated for 8 Grammies...they're playing at the Superbowl this weekend...life is nice.

my co-worker today brought his little girl to the office for a few hours. While she was there, he brought her over to say hi. I told the little girl that i was happy to see her again and that i hope she has a great day. Her father turns to her and tells her.."Madison, tell Iris, you too. Come on now, just say you too. Madison, all you have tell Iris is, you too." I died laughing at him when he started to tell her that.
biggrin.gif

oh yeah, I was having a very tough morning at the office and I had to call a client who is from England. When I asked for him, they put me on hold and guess what was playing. "Desire" The song made me very happy and than the client answered the phone and I introduced myself to him and he said "Iris, em, I am glad you called." I kinda chuckled to myself because he said "em" ha!

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress_75 (edited 01-30-2002).]

In my music class, there is a drum kit in the corner of the room..... I've tried a bajillion times to run over & starting banging the drooms, but I always get in trouble.... my music teacher had never heard of Larry or that he is a hot Irish tamale until he met me... and he still won't let me play
biggrin.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
She's ellipitical, also political
All so spiritual, not superficial
Yeah, she's tropical
Yes, she's illogical

[This message has been edited by wildhoney22 (edited 01-30-2002).]

ooh ooh! I thought of another one.

A few Fridays ago when I went out with a friend (another local fan whom I met through this forum, funnily enough!) I casually remarked about having to put something in the "boot of my car" and then all the sudden I squealed and giggled..."I said boot of my car without thinking about it! hahahahhahha"

rolleyes.gif
@sula

LMFAO! You are all so cute!

I guess general things make me think of U2..

Anytime anyone says something to me to which I reply "you too"
wink.gif
)

I always find a way to mention the Grammies and how many records they have sold worldwide.

biggrin.gif
I'm such a very sillie grrl.

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
Anytime anyone says something to me to which I reply "you too"
wink.gif
)

Oh yeah! Do that one too!

And I must say that pretty much EVERYTHING anyone says to me reminds me of some U2 lyric and I have the hardest time not busting into song! Sometimes the urge is too much and I get the strangest looks
wink.gif

Ah...I love my life
biggrin.gif

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:

friend: I haven't seen you in a long time! So how you doing these days?

me: pretty good...my band got nominated for 8 Grammies...they're playing at the Superbowl this weekend...life is nice.

I am like this too. I do have other things going on in my life, I just don't care to talk about them at all. There's just such more interesting things happening, like my band being up for 8 Grammies.
smile.gif

I love it how everyone is always wishing others U2!

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

I break into U2 songs with very little provocation! Also in the store where I work there was a coat that looked like one Bono has. I called it the BonoCoat. I accidentally called it that to a customer one time too!
smile.gif

~Jen

Originally posted by spinninghead77:

Today I was walking through the mall, and one of the stores was playing "Bootylicious". I giggled to myself about how Bono will never be ready for Beyonce's Jelly.

LMAO!!!!! (no pun intended.....
wink.gif
)

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~BONO~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

If it weren't for your maturity none of this would have happened

IN AP English class yesterday my teacher was reading some of "Finnegans Wake" by James Joyce and it's SO funny bc it's like a madeup language but it was written so you sound Irish when you say it. I was LMAO
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~BONO~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

If it weren't for your maturity none of this would have happened

*Mac and Cheese
*McDonalds
*The Macarena
*Mackintosh Apples
*Mac computers
*i mac...(ohhh i want the gold version!!!)
*Mac trucks
*The Mackenzie Art Gallery
*Macaroni
*Mackerel (the fish)
*Mac's (a canadian chain of convienience stores)

and in a completely unrelated section...
*Devilled eggs
*Devil's food cake
*Geshias

My therapist is a RICH man.
-Bluey

I had a dream last night about me at a bakery debating over which type of Muffins I should buy. I came to work telling everyone about it and they laughed at me.

I later sat down at my desk and said out loud "Alright, it is time for me to go down stairs to get me MOOFIN" I said it without even thinking, after my co-worker over heard me, I heard him say "HUH!?" LOL! I spend way too much time on this site...
*shakes head*

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:
I had a dream last night about me at a bakery debating over which type of Muffins I should buy. I came to work telling everyone about it and they laughed at me.

I later sat down at my desk and said out loud "Alright, it is time for me to go down stairs to get me MOOFIN" I said it without even thinking, after my co-worker over heard me, I heard him say "HUH!?" LOL! I spend way too much time on this site...
*shakes head*
LMAO! I was talking to my mom and I told her I was baking moofins. She knew it was U2 related, but it being my crazy mom she asked me for Bono pics! ~Jen

There's this store down on Michigan Avenue that always makes me chuckle to myself when I pass it. Now, I've never actually been *in* the store and I'm not entirely sure what they sell (shoes? ties, perhaps?) but how could you *not* like a store called "Mephisto's"? The best part is that it's not quiiite right, which, in my twisted brain only makes it more amusing
biggrin.gif

Also, ever since I took the Greyhound to see the boys in St. Louis, any bus I see that looks remotely like a Greyhound (ie any coach bus) reminds me of U2 and brings a smile to my face. Great...now I have a U2 obsession *and* a bus fetish
icon39.gif

Back
Top Bottom