Funny Bono Mentions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Girl1978

Blue Crack Addict
Most of the time, I tend to hear some funny mentions of Bono. Today, I watched the movie "Just Friends" and Bono was mentioned a couple of times in the movie. It was funny. Another mention of Bono, was a couple of weeks ago on King Of The Hill. So what weird places, shows, etc. have you heard someone mention Bono?

*I know, silly thread, but there just isn't enough threads about Bono!* :shifty: :lol:

Gimore Girls.
Clearly some of the writers are U2 fans, because B and U2 get little mentiones quite a bit.

"No! Lane can't quit the band! She's supposed to become famous and introduce me to Bono!"

~approximate quotation, may have also mentioned something about becoming a groupie. :D :lol:

During Mrs Doubtfire, in the elder' girl's room, if you look closely there is a large ZOOtv Bono/U2 poster on her wall.

:nerd: :reject:

There's a Family Guy movie out (something like the Untold Story of Stewie) and it shows Bono and Peter stranded on an island with Bono not letting Peter eat the food for the "starving children" and as soon as Peter turns his back Bono starts eating the food. i guess it's funnier when you actually see it! :D

Yes that is true about the bedroom in Mrs Douthfire,but speaking about that movie,here's a classis qoute when Mrs Doubtfire is in the kitchen an talking about her husband.'It was the drink that killed poor oull winston,why,she was asked was he an alcoholic,No replied Mrs Doubtfire he was killed by a guinness truck :lol:

claytons edge said:
Yes that is true about the bedroom in Mrs Douthfire,but speaking about that movie,here's a classis qoute when Mrs Doubtfire is in the kitchen an talking about her husband.'It was the drink that killed poor oull winston,why,she was asked was he an alcoholic,No replied Mrs Doubtfire he was killed by a guinness truck :lol:

:laugh:
I remember that!

Poor old Winston. He was fond of the drink, and it twas the drink that killed him. :sigh:
Oh I'm sorry. Alcoholic?
No, Guiness truck.

Swingn2thaMusic said:
There's a Family Guy movie out (something like the Untold Story of Stewie) and it shows Bono and Peter stranded on an island with Bono not letting Peter eat the food for the "starving children" and as soon as Peter turns his back Bono starts eating the food. i guess it's funnier when you actually see it! :D

bonofamilyguy.gif

:lmao:

-Nikki

In the movie The Girl Next Door the main character has a U2 poster on the wall next to his bed. It's the poster with all of the album covers.

Also, the other night I was watching an episode of Queer As Folk (the American version). During one scene, Brian and Michael are hanging out/talking. Then I noticed the music in the background. I blurted out "That's U2! Dirty Day!" and I spent the rest of the scene ignoring Brian and Michael's conversation and just trying to listen to the music.

well it's not about Bono but..

I was watching one of those entertainment shows, ET or whatever it was -they showed footage from Rachel Ray's wedding and the U2 version of Everlasting Love was their first dance song

~BrightestStar~ said:
During Mrs Doubtfire, in the elder' girl's room, if you look closely there is a large ZOOtv Bono/U2 poster on her wall.

I've always wanted that poster, from the first time I saw the movie. :shifty:

(<== :nerd:, too)

Last edited:
They're also played in "The Pillow Book." Ewan McGregor strips to "Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car." Well, only the first 30 seconds or so. It's a pretty heavy, dark movie (at least in my opinion), but I cracked up at that point.

Originally posted by AttnKleinkind
Ewan McGregor...stripping to U2!?!? Why didn't anyone tell me about this before...

Well, to be more specific, he's not stripping to U2, it's more like he's stripping, the camera's doing a 360 around him, and that song is playing.

It's completely ruined that song for me now though.:drool:

~BrightestStar~ said:
Gimore Girls.
Clearly some of the writers are U2 fans, because B and U2 get little mentiones quite a bit.

"No! Lane can't quit the band! She's supposed to become famous and introduce me to Bono!"

~approximate quotation, may have also mentioned something about becoming a groupie. :D :lol:

:yes: they just showed a re-run of gilmore girls here and i thought this was really funny as well

LORELAI: Anyhow, we were in London and we ran into this group of girls who were heading to Ireland to stake out the Clarence Hotel.

LUKE: Why?

LORELAI: Because U2 owns it and Bono hangs out there.

LUKE: Ah. Him again.

LORELAI: So then we jumped on a train and we headed to Ireland - incredibly beautiful, by the way - and we sat in a bar for two days and did nothing but eat soda crackers and funky cheese and he never showed.

LUKE: Que sera.

and later in the same episode:

RORY: I can't believe you made us go to Ireland to stalk Bono.

:wink:

tuwie said:
sometimes robin williams looks a little like bono
I thought the same thing when i was watching his stand up special on HBO! i told my friends and they thought i was crazy! i guess i'm not crazy after all! :madspit:

Don't worry Swingn2thaMusic (I love your nick!!!), I think the same thing!! Bono looks a little like Bono :yes:

Alias has also (rather inappropriately) used U2 music. Several years ago, they played "Walk On" while Jack, Irina, and Syd were gunning down the opposition. (That still bothers me.)

And last year they played "Bad" during a love scene with Syd and Vaughn.

I think my mum was watchin the movie 'Taking Lives' or something or other and as the credits roll at the end they play 'Bad' :huh: I find it weird, isn't that movie sposed to be bout murders and.. dark stuff.

-Nikki

In the film "Saved!", one of the main characters is pregnant & decides to go to the local free clinic. It's in the middle of the day & she's cutting class, so she disguises herself with large, dark sunglasses (a la The Fly) & a hat. She gets seen anyway by some other friends who are also cutting, one of which compliments her on her "nice Bono shades". :giggle:

(Excellent film, by the way :yes: - a well-done take on the crowd that tries a little too hard with the "let's make Jesus hip" movement.)

~BrightestStar~ said:
Gimore Girls.

I love Lorelai and her Bono love, lol.

There are other mentions of them/him in other episodes. I also remember these:

From the episode where Lorelai tells Christopher she's marrying Max

Christopher: So, is he worthy?
Lorelai: Is anyone?
Christopher: Bono maybe. Bryan Ferry?

Then from the episide when Lorelai and Rory fight over why Lorelai called off the wedding to Max and Rory says, "I thought I was your best friend?" to which Lorelai says "When we're at a U2 concert, you are my best friend."

Wendy watches a lot of TV :lol:

Back
Top Bottom