Funny... Bono asking for lip balm :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Babydoll

Blue Crack Addict
Haha, I'm watching the Slane Castle performance and its so funny to see Bono asking backstage, "Has anyone got any lip balm? Oops, no one here!" and he laughs. Adorable! :heart:

Also, it's kinda moving to see him thanking his "old man" for the 500 pounds he gave him when the band was about to move to London for the record deal. He said his dad and he didn't always see eye to eye and he could've refused to give Bono the money but didn't.... Just imagine what our lives would be like today if Bob Hewson had refused!

Then he says more light-heartedly, "And now you guys prolly pay 500 pounds for a ticket! Thank you"

Everything he does does it for me these days :)

Babydoll said:
Haha, I'm watching the Slane Castle performance and its so funny to see Bono asking backstage, "Has anyone got any lip balm? Oops, no one here!" and he laughs. Adorable! :heart:

Where's that? I've got the dvd and there's no backstage anything :(

^ :lol: It's alright, I mean I think there's a special edition here as well but it's obviously very expensive: not in regular shops :madspit:

Can soemone upload it please? :angel:

That was part of the TV special, "U2's Beautiful Day" (an abbreviated version of Slane). I have it on video, and it does indeed have that comment, as well as, I seem to recall, Bono asking if there was "time for a piss" before the show.

biff said:
That was part of the TV special, "U2's Beautiful Day" (an abbreviated version of Slane). I have it on video, and it does indeed have that comment, as well as, I seem to recall, Bono asking if there was "time for a piss" before the show.

It seems like a very 'Bono type-thing' to say ;) - Can anyone upload it as I've not seen it....

biff said:

I remember this :lol:

Bono uses Carmex, or at least he did three years ago. Once when I went to see him speak, we were right at the front and this canister of Carmex came rolling forward, John Sampson grabbed it and handed it to Bono.

I have that CBS special on tape, but I think I accidentally recorded over part of it with something else. :mad:
Bono also said that Edge threw up the first time they played at Slane. He said, "Nobody booed or anything. I think Edge threw up." Poor Edge!

Dismantled said:
is it like a special edition or something:scratch:

I saw it on the local tv channel, There was a lot of backstage stuff
not added to the DVD...one part I think it's Bono looking for the bathroom or singing in the batcroom...cool stuff I recorded it from the Tv before buying the DVD, I just need to transfer it to dvd...

Rachel D. said:
I have that CBS special on tape, but I think I accidentally recorded over part of it with something else. :mad:
Bono also said that Edge threw up the first time they played at Slane. He said, "Nobody booed or anything. I think Edge threw up." Poor Edge!

Yeah!..I recorded it from CBS!!!..It sucked that they would show backstage stuff then immediately cut to commercial..I was so mad!!!:mad: :madspit: CBS sucks!!!:madspit:

biff said:

any chance to get a copy of the the video? Do you know someone who could help you upload it?

Rachel D. said:

onstage:slant:?:barf:

poor edge:hug:

thankyou said:

any chance to get a copy of the the video? Do you know someone who could help you upload it?

Sorry, it's on VHS, and I don't have any equipment to make copies.
And all my friends are Luddites. :wink:

:lol: So funny! If someone comes across it please upload!

And Edge threw up onstage? Wow, he should have been nervous!! Poor Edge!! :ohmy: :heart:

Back
Top Bottom