Funniest U2 quote?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From Conan

In The Year 2000:

Bono will catch mono from Alyssa Milano.
The Edge will clip a hedge for Sister Sledge.
Adam Clayton will worship Satan in Dayton.
And Larry Mullen Jr will be impossible to rhyme with.

:lol:

I'd also like to request the clip to be uploaded again! Thanks! :)

"I will suffer the Beatle's grill. I'm gunning to land Phil."

Lil' Bono from Achtoon said it, so that still counts right? It makes all the sense if you read the whole thing, if you haven't, then check out the April achtoon!

VicksSs--- Faraway so close it is !

'My name is Bono and Im a rock star'

I think its from one of Bonos University speaches a few years ago. Classic.

JulioArca said:
'My name is Bono and Im a rock star'

I think its from one of Bonos University speaches a few years ago. Classic.

He said that again when he was in Africa and greeting children. He makes sure anybody knows who he is at the end of the day.

last unicorn said:

He said that again when he was in Africa and greeting children. He makes sure anybody knows who he is at the end of the day.

and how he got off the plane, walking towards a big tractor, he pointed to himself and said "rockstar" and then to the driver and asked "limosine?"

another funny quote from Africa (Ghana I think) when Bono and Brian are amongst these children, Bono adresses a very small kid and you hear Brian say "Now HE's a cutie" and Bono turns around to someone else and says in French, "elle est une très jolie fille" which means 'this is a very beautiful GIRL"
:lmao:

And I know the subject is not to be mocked and all but when I heared that, it really cracked me up (not everything has to be gloomy eh?) :reject:

greety said:

and how he got off the plane, walking towards a big tractor, he pointed to himself and said "rockstar" and then to the driver and asked "limosine?"

another funny quote from Africa (Ghana I think) when Bono and Brian are amongst these children, Bono adresses a very small kid and you hear Brian say "Now HE's a cutie" and Bono turns around to someone else and says in French, "elle est une très jolie fille" which means 'this is a very beautiful GIRL"
:lmao:

And I know the subject is not to be mocked and all but when I heared that, it really cracked me up (not everything has to be gloomy eh?) :reject:

I heard that too :lol:
first I couldn't make out what he said in french, but the third time I got it... and found it I wasn't wrong hearing, he just said it wrong :lol:

Galeongirl said:

I heard that too :lol:
first I couldn't make out what he said in french, but the third time I got it... and found it I wasn't wrong hearing, he just said it wrong :lol:
I'm pretty sure he said "C'est une jolie fille... oui!" Which means "It's a pretty girl... yes!" :shrug:

Cute though :cute:

Just found these. Sorry if they've already been posted:

"After a concert in San Francisco, U2's Bono gave winsome Winona Ryder and - surprise, surprise! - a bubbly Chelsea Clinton (accompanied by Secret Service dudes) a champagne flight back to LA aboard his private jet. As Bono chatted with Chelsea and Winona, things REALLY started rockin' when turbulence violently shook the plane! Seeing the fear on their faces, Bono suddenly shouted 'I'M GAY... I'M GAY!' - reprising that memorable scene in the flick 'Almost Famous,' in which rockers fearing their plane's about to crash start blurting out shocking personal secrets! The girls got the joke and cracked up, but the Secret Service guys...? They apparently missed the movie!"

"I got into bed," Bono recalled of one drunken evening, "and I must have fallen asleep for an hour when suddenly an explosion went off in my head. It was the doorbell. I got down, fell over all my cassettes and records, and went to the door. I looked into the little hole that we have in our doors as paranoid rock 'n' roll people, and on the other side of the door I saw myself, just about two years younger. And I thought, 'What's going on? What am I doing out there!?' Anyway it turns out it was some guy from a Bono look-alike competition."

...and not quite a U2 quote but I thought it was funny, anyway:

Rock Star

During one of the band's early gigs, U2 frontman Bono Vox spotted two young ladies dancing in front of the stage. Bono crouched down, thrust his microphone toward one of the girls, and asked, "What's your name?" Her response? "F--- off, dickhead! Get on with the bleeding music. Who do you think you are, David Bowie?"

Ok, hope you enjoyed them.. :lol:

youvedonewhat said:
Just found these. Sorry if they've already been posted:

"After a concert in San Francisco, U2's Bono gave winsome Winona Ryder and - surprise, surprise! - a bubbly Chelsea Clinton (accompanied by Secret Service dudes) a champagne flight back to LA aboard his private jet. As Bono chatted with Chelsea and Winona, things REALLY started rockin' when turbulence violently shook the plane! Seeing the fear on their faces, Bono suddenly shouted 'I'M GAY... I'M GAY!' - reprising that memorable scene in the flick 'Almost Famous,' in which rockers fearing their plane's about to crash start blurting out shocking personal secrets! The girls got the joke and cracked up, but the Secret Service guys...? They apparently missed the movie!"

:lol: I haven't seen that movie, but it's still funny anywayz!

Back
Top Bottom