Funniest U2 quote?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep, there are!! Thanks!! :dancing: Now I'm gonna have to ask my Daddy... :angel: :wink: He doesn't trust much the Internet :mad:

yep, it's gonna take some convincing but I'm gonna try :) Thanks for the PayPal tip!! I didn't know how safe it was :up: Buying over the Internet is not that common in my family, so it's like :ohmy: when I come up with those ideas :laugh:

VicksSs said:
yep, it's gonna take some convincing but I'm gonna try :) Thanks for the PayPal tip!! I didn't know how safe it was :up: Buying over the Internet is not that common in my family, so it's like :ohmy: when I come up with those ideas :laugh:

I rarely use the net to buy stuff I have to admit although every time I've got something off Ebay I always use Paypal. I've had absolutely no problems whatsoever with it. And all the people who I've bought things off have been excellent to deal with, very quick to post my stuff and everything has been in good condition. As long as the feedback is 100% or near enough, you should be ok.

:laugh: Okey dokey, thanks!! It's good to know directly from someone :D :) I'd love to live in the UK, I wouldn't have these issues :(

:lol: yeah, we hijacked this thread!!! :) Ahhh, it's alright, I'm gonna look for quotes now anyway :wink:

^ in the meantime, if you live near a univesity, they might have it in their library. none of my local libraries had it, but i went to the univeristy across from my high school, and lo and behold, there it was! =)
good luck on getting it, though! it'll be tons of fun<3

Really?? :ohmy: I'm gonna check EVERYWHERE then!! Thanks for your help :D I really really want that book! :rolleyes:

:lol: Finally got a quote!! Anyway, if anyone wants to keep talking about the book hehe, I'm into it :wink: I REALLY WANT IT!! :D

"Yeah, I think I'd be a much better woman than I am a man.
I think my talents are more in that direction.
I don't mind dressing up, I don't think it makes much difference, not really.
I'd love to wear women's underwear if the sizes were right but they don't really support you,
you just tend to flop one way or the other." ~ Adam

'Sometimes I wish I was as gifted as Edge on his guitar or Bono on his lyrics or Adam is on other things.' -Larry :wink:

"I dance much better horizontally than vertically." It HAD to be Bono :D

Vicksss, what's your email? i might have something that will temporarily alleviate your suffering from not having the book ;] ;]

Could I please second, third, or fourth the request to have the "girls on horses" MTV interview with Edge uploaded again?

It would be very much appreciated.

You might wanna try the used book stores too. That's where I got mine, at this random little store. I still can't believe, I got the hard back for 10$. And I live in Thailand. So keep looking, you'll never know !!

This is also taken from "U2 at the end of the world." I thought it's just sooo Larry and i love it.

Bono arrives in alcove and U2 are ready to get to work. They send someone to round up Larry, who has wandered off. A few minutes later Larry strolls in in a cocky mood, asking, "What's so important you had to interrupt a perfectly good crap?"
"We need you to do some drumming," Bono answers.
Larry says, "Call my manager."
"We sent a letter to Mr. Paul McGuinness," Edge says, "requesting your services this week to play some drums."
"It's the song we were playing last night," Bono says. "Apparently you did a tremendous job, but the rest of us..."
Adam says, "Amazinglyenough, you were fine."
"We face a problem we have faced in the past," Bono explains. "The song has no chorus."
"Aha!" Larry says.
"So," Bono continues, "we have to go in now and come up with one."

Another one from the book.

Edge says he went off to see Ronnie Wood play at a local club and ended up hanging with an actress who goes out with Ben Stiller, a TV comedian who does a nasty impersonation of Bono. "Tell him to stop making fun of me, Edge!" Bono cries. " Tell him glamorous people have feelings too!"
:giggle:

tuwie said:

"I'm not sure if Irish people can dance.... except for The Edge, that is, who is our own funky chicken."

Bwhahhahhaaaaa, funky chicken Edge... I loved the story, too! And the other one about insulting Larry with the fan letter....! :lmao: I'm soooo gonna get that book when I visit London in a few weeks! :yes:

But this line was very-very naughty:

"Bass players attract the weirdest fans,"

:shame:

:wink:

“Next time you go out for dinner, have a look around the table and if everyone is on your payroll, the chances are you have become a prick.”

- Bono

:lmao: These quotes are just hilarious... :lol:

I've also got the request to please upload the interview again to YSI!! Thanks in advance. :)

tuwie said:
Vicksss, what's your email? i might have something that will temporarily alleviate your suffering from not having the book ;] ;]

:ohmy: Surprises!!! Me looove: right away!!! achtung.u2.baby @gmail.com :wink: Yey!! :hyper:

justwater said:
You might wanna try the used book stores too. That's where I got mine, at this random little store. I still can't believe, I got the hard back for 10$. And I live in Thailand. So keep looking, you'll never know !!

Yeah, I'm gonna try, definitely, thanks!! :) You know, buying used iPods and stuff can be a bit tricky, but buying used books is good cos you can get the old editions and as long as they are in good condition and readable, it's the same thing!! :up: Wow, you live in Thailand? Amazing!! Faraway, so close...!! :happy:

About Conan,quotes from the last time they were on there,:edge:"The reason I wear a knitted cap is to keep attention off of Bono`s crap sunglasses." :bono:"The real reson Edge wears a knitted cap is to cover up the tattoo on his forehead that says "I :heart:urkle"

if you haven`t herd that yet :hug: :heart:

Back
Top Bottom