Forum nicknames

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Merc said:
I was a huge Queen-fan in my early teenage years ( <--- makes me sound *so* old! :huh: ) and everywhere I went on the net (forums, chatrooms etc.) I called myself Mercury. Named after Freddie firstly, but also after the roman god and the chemical element...

... I eventually grew out of Queen and their music (for several reasons), and got very much into a certain little Irish rockband (somone might even say I became fanatic, but... :shrug: :lol: ), but still kept the name Mercury when I started going to U2-related sites...

... but at a certain point I got tired of all the Freddie references (I did think it was funny in the beginning, but not in the long run) and everyone did shorten it to Merc anyway so, thats the story of name I signed up with...

I know just a little bit of Mercury's story -- I mean the Roman god.
And it's so nice!

Especially the fact he has wings on his shoes!

SA used to be abbreviation for Sarajevo on our old registration plates, while one of the best moments on U2 concert in Sarajevo was in the beginning of "EBTTRT" when Bono is yelling "VIVA SARAJEVO, FUCK THE PAST, KISS THE FUTURE, VIVA SARAJEVO" so I made this "vivaSA" :)

Last edited:
Merc said:
I was a huge Queen-fan in my early teenage years ( <--- makes me sound *so* old! :huh: ) and everywhere I went on the net (forums, chatrooms etc.) I called myself Mercury. Named after Freddie firstly, but also after the roman god and the chemical element...

... I eventually grew out of Queen and their music (for several reasons), and got very much into a certain little Irish rockband (somone might even say I became fanatic, but... :shrug: :lol: ), but still kept the name Mercury when I started going to U2-related sites...

... but at a certain point I got tired of all the Freddie references (I did think it was funny in the beginning, but not in the long run) and everyone did shorten it to Merc anyway so, thats the story of name I signed up with...

You don't sound OLD, definetly!!

valentina said:

You don't sound OLD, definetly!!

:lol: Thank you very much! :D

:hug:

... not that I'm old, but I just thought the words "early teenage years"... well... :shrug:

Last edited:
Merc said:
:lol: I know!

... but getting me started on talking about Queen, U2, HIV/AIDS and skiing is like pushing the play-button on a stereo and then not knowing where the stop-button is! So now you know - be aware! :wink:

Haha, ah, okay. I understand totally, particularly in regards to U2 (I swear, one of these days my family's gonna tell me to just shut up about them...:p), so...:hug:.

Angela

it's no secret that the stars are falling from the sky.....

a dying star...or a shoting star....nice symbolism here. :wink:

Mine's boring. Just my name spelled backwards, with U2 attached at the end. I usually use ylime combined with something, and when I registered here, I didn't really think I would actually post, because I have never gotten into another forum, ever. So, I'm lazy and didn't bother coming up with anything creative.

*slaps forehead* and i was always thinking it says something like 'why I.....imenising u2...'

:rolleyes:

I like to write short stories. Dido was a story teller, in the Virgilio's "Eneida", who wanted to keep Eneas along with her forever... so she told him a story every night.
So, Didonet.

Last edited:
Sometimes in "Name" fields online I put in "the name of love" or "in the name of love!" as a joke. April 19 is my birthday, so that's where the numerals come from.

Incidentially, I hate my username and I wish there was some way to change it. I mean, yeah, I could, but then I'd start at the beginning, post-wise. (Wow, was THAT the run-on from Hell!) My other screenames/nicknames are aster496, carobanano, and Caro. I've also been called C. Ro and Carobear, among other things. :D

I know I've told this before, but my cat had just had kittens in a box next to the computer when I made my name. It's perfect for me, I'm a U2 fan and a cat lover! :heart:

NameOfLove19 said:
Sometimes in "Name" fields online I put in "the name of love" or "in the name of love!" as a joke. April 19 is my birthday, so that's where the numerals come from.

Incidentially, I hate my username and I wish there was some way to change it. I mean, yeah, I could, but then I'd start at the beginning, post-wise. (Wow, was THAT the run-on from Hell!) My other screenames/nicknames are aster496, carobanano, and Caro. I've also been called C. Ro and Carobear, among other things. :D

Me too!
When I entered my name, I expected there was another field to put the nickname!

What name would you chose?

I've been using this name online for several years now.... I made it because I hate being stuck in the middle of arguments and I tend to get really upset by conflict. :reject:

:| Yeah yeah I'm Switzerland. Whatever lol. :rolleyes:

:hug: Kelly and U2Granny! Now I don't feel so alone! :hyper:

I like your username, neutral! I feel the same way about conflicts alot of the time. Maybe that's why I like it.

Easy to figure out, ;) it's part of the title to "Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me," I use a variation of this song's title at the U2 forums I visit, usually I use abbreviated forms, but I decided to just go with one part for this one. It's one of my favourite U2 songs, I really liked it when it first came out, but didn't really get into U2 till a few years later.

Penny was a nickname i got at camp when they said i was "light as a penny" (but i'm not now!) and Pyro i got from my friends mom when at a party i would throw candy and stuff at the fire to see how it burned. Then the BF of one of the girls at the party started calling me that. Hence PennyPyro was born.

Back
Top Bottom