For you Bono lovers...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I prefer Bono during JT myself... I fell in love with him in rattle and hum... but then I seen Edge doin his solo on Bullet the blue sky... and there was no more Bono to fall in love with lmao. Crazy. But JT Bono is still really hott!

TheWho4Life said:
I prefer Bono during JT myself... I fell in love with him in rattle and hum... but then I seen Edge doin his solo on Bullet the blue sky... and there was no more Bono to fall in love with lmao. Crazy. But JT Bono is still really hott!
i agree
i can look at edge during a solo and go
now why dont i love HIM?

but then bono comes round

and there I am again

lost in his eyes

his mouth

his soul

Great question. I agree with the other girlz on this board and their replies. My own thoughts:

He's sexy as all hell; it's his "swagger", his smirk, the mischeivious sparkle in his eyes, the passion that radiates from him - but most of all -

in a world where most people don't fight for the underdog - he does.

caligemini said:
Great question. I agree with the other girlz on this board and their replies. My own thoughts:

He's sexy as all hell; it's his "swagger", his smirk, the mischeivious sparkle in his eyes, the passion that radiates from him - but most of all -

in a world where most people don't fight for the underdog - he does.

i love that last line

I'll admit it, I am a Bono girl and always have been.

But for awhile there, I thought Edge was my man and nothing could convince me otherwise! Edge is so sweet, he has the most adorable accent, his musical talent is amazing, he could probaly fix anything, and when he smiles, you just have to smile too.

Then I decided that I was an Adam girl. Adam is too cool. He can date supermodels, pull off a platinum blonde fro and bangles, wear a banana yellow base guitar, smile that heart-melting upside-down smile of his, and kick an alcohol problem. What's not to love about Adam?

Larry...I never really got into Larry. He's prettier than me, and I've always been jealous. But he does have the most gorgeous lips I've ever seen on a guy. And I'd love to squeeze that butt of his in his impossibly tight jeans. *drool*

I quickly returned to my love for Bono, and over the past two and a half years I've often wondered why I can love him so much.

So here are some reasons why, several of which I'm sure have already been said...

the freckles over his cheek
the scar on his chin
that mischevious twinkle in his eye that says, "You know you want a piece of this"
he had a mullet...and isn't ashamed to admit it
his height complex (and his ginormous shoes)
the way he says 'love' and 'heart'
the way he hides behind his sunglasses and long sleeves
the groan of his lowest whispers (see "If You Wear That Velvet Dress")
that he got so nervous about going on Oprah, he threw up right before going on
that he loves his wife and children so much
for his name and how he got it
because he's Irish, and is cool simply because of that
when he signs his name with a heart
how he campaigns for Africa and AIDS
for his heart
for his strength and all he's gone through
for his frequent habit of losing things (he's human just like me)
the way sweat drizzles down his neck as he's singing his heart out
when his voice cracks from the strain of emoting
for being brave (and silly) enough for shaving his head bald
for his personality
how he closes his eyes whenever he kisses someone

and...

FOR MAKING GREAT MUSIC THAT I LOVE!

:love:

Last edited:
TheWho4Life said:
What makes you love him so much? I just don't understand what he has that makes you go nuts over him lol. I'm not a Bono lover so I just dont get it :lol:
I wouldn't be askin this, if there weren't so many of ya :D
Expalin to me please :)

Easy..just think of the reasons you love Mr.Noel Gallagher!

I think Bono is mega sexy, charasmatic,desireable, utterly charming, a man with a heart of gold!..There is this beautiful positive aura about him that people gravitate towards.
My personal attraction to him is proabably a bit insane, but I know of a LOT of male fans who admire/respect and even compliment his looks..and these are are straight!...:wink:

u2bonogirl said:
theres something that went off in bono during achtung era
a sexuality
a certain thrust to his personality, lol
that wasnt there during the serious days of JT and the baby days before
i dunno
somehow he just attained something when he turned cynical

damn hes hot

For me it was during the JT era that I totally lost it for the B-man!..I remember seeing the with or without you video for the first time
*slick back ponytail, leather vest, no shirt under, tight black jeans, the way the spotlight lit his face, the hands tied above his head, the swinging guitar, the sexy howls of lament*
Good God! that was extremly sexy!!!:drool: I have loved Bono ever since!
Prior to that I liked Pride and didnt know too much about the band cept that MTV would play New Years day a lot and back then I didnt like that song..*I love it now* Oh, and that U2 occasionally graces the pages of my Star Hits music magazines, when he was stil;l known as BONOVOX..*still have those magazines...

Re: Re: For you Bono lovers...

BonoFox1 said:
Easy..just think of the reasons you love Mr.Noel Gallagher!
I don't know though... he's just :cute: OH! And I love how he says "F***ing" all the time... OMG, he's so hott when he says it!
Anyway... wow lol.
Edge :) So adorable and sexy and brilliant *sigh* :)

Ever since the first time I saw him, he was just so cute, passionate, sexy moving, charmismatic, loveable and special!

Why do I love Bono so much? Everything that has already been said here, and some more.

because of his sexy stare
because he can't dance and he knows it - but he doesn't let that stop him
because he isn't afraid to expose himself to the mockery of others by championing an uncool cause like Third World debt-relief
because when he sings, he makes me feel like I am the only woman in the world and he is singing just to me
because he proudly tells the world how much he loves his wife and children
because he has the most amazing voice
because he is gorgeous
because he is Bono

I love Bono for his personality. It draws you in. I also admire him for how he treats women. The man is talented, intelligent and has a big heart.

Yes I agree with the others who said he is hot. The man is sex on legs.

miss becky said:
Siren, I love your avatar! :drool:

Is that from the Making of "What's Going On?" video?

It's from the video. You can get one from your control panel. I fell in love with it too when I first saw it.

I found that video on Amazon the other day...I'm thinking of getting it for myself as a Christmas present. :)

Well... do you all also love him becuase he's in the greatest band in the world "U2"? I don't think ive seen any of you put that yet :wink: But I could have missed it lol.

TheWho4Life said:
Well... do you all also love him becuase he's in the greatest band in the world "U2"? I don't think ive seen any of you put that yet :wink: But I could have missed it lol.

Absolutely. I can't resist the singer in the greatest rock band in the world who's a sweetheart too. :silent: :silent: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Everything that you all have said about Bono is exactly the way I feel. When I see Bono perform on stage, it’s unlike anything else. He makes it seem as though every word that comes out of his mouth is being said to only you. When you watch him on stage, hear him on the radio, or whatever, you get lost in every moment and every word that he says. He also has, as others have mentioned, that swagger. There is something about him (besides the fact that he is Bono)…the man just oozes confidence and sexuality. Then there’s the way that he looks into your eyes when he’s speaking to you, how he stares into your eyes and leans in so you won't miss a word that he says to you, it just lets you know that he is sincere. He connects with people on such a personal level, he amazes me with his ability to make everyone feel special. He also has a drive that I have never seen in anyone else. It seems as though he feels he must always be doing something to better himself and the world. He alone has done so much good for the world and the people in it.
He also has that arrogance/confidence that is just *ugh* too much. He is a little guy, but he probably has one of the biggest attitudes and personalities. He can be such a dork sometimes and because he knows that he is one, and would be the first one to tell you so, that just makes him so irresistible. The way that he has that carefree dancing style and walk. The way that he knows exactly what to do to drive a woman crazy, and how he is such a big tease….the man is so cruel. Now when it comes to what physical things make him so irresistible? Hmm....his freckles, eyes, mouth, chin, his hands.... I better stop I could go on all day.... literally! Overall everything about Bono is sexy, he is the total package. I often wonder, how a man can be so close to perfection?

I've said it before, but I think it's appropriate in this thread:
For me it's not a question of why do I love Bono - it's how could I not?!? :bono: :love:

He's just the total package - talented artist, passionate spouse, productive citizen, loyal friend, confident yet not conceited. He's just IT...whatever "it" is!! :lol: :heart: :drool:

Okay, W4L - here it is. Lambs just don't lie! I think this photo is what has me turning towards Bono more than Edge. :wink: First of all, look how happy Bono's little lamb is. Edge's little lamb is running away. Why, you ask? Well, I think it's because Edge decided to wear white socks with those shoes!

3424943923232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E232369%3B7952%3B4ot1lsi

It took me a long time to decide how to answer this. I don't have a good answer. I looked at all the answers that everyone has posted and I agree with each one. Physically he's absolutely beautiful--straight out of my fantasies. Dark, touchably long hair, blue eyes, kissable lips, cleft chin, confident swagger, black leather--you get the picture :) But looks aren't the most important thing, because over time, the novelty wears off and he because another attractive guy. He's also very sweet and vulnerable. He's goofy and sincere. Intelligent but never condescending. He's incredibly talented. The way he uses words to create images rather than stories, is extremely sexy to me. The words are never vulger or harsh.
There's soooo much more. I could go on and on.

After a lot of consideration, its his love and fascination for his wife and his devotion to his family and close friends is what makes him a man worth loving.

Like sweetie, i just couldn't think how to answer this straight away! I've found it so hard to match all the great answers here simply with mere words. BluRmGrl said it quite similar to how i was thinking - what's not to like? I cannot comprehend how anyone couldn't have the hots for him. He is sooooooooo HOT! :drool: It's this extremely raw, animalistic passion he has about EVERYTHING! rowr :sexywink: :ohmy: :bono: :heart:

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
Okay, W4L - here it is. Lambs just don't lie! I think this photo is what has me turning towards Bono more than Edge. :wink: First of all, look how happy Bono's little lamb is. Edge's little lamb is running away. Why, you ask? Well, I think it's because Edge decided to wear white socks with those shoes!

3424943923232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E232369%3B7952%3B4ot1lsi
Bono's is just too terrified to run cause it's scared Bono wants to have lamb chops!!!! :madspit:
Sowhat I mean is, it's so scared it cant move!

Back
Top Bottom