FOR BONO (Part 20)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Hi PLEBA!

There have been SO MANY GREAT picture threads here lately that it inspired me to take another look at an early period of U2 that sometimes gets overlooked - the October period. :up:

And while there are some VERY GOOD songs on that album (like Fire, Tomorrow and Rejoice), my favorite song from "October" is GLORIA.:angel:

Here are some of the words:

I try to get in but I can't find the door
The door is open, you're standing there
You let me in.

Gloria, in te dominae
Gloria, exultate
Oh Lord, if I had anything
Anything at all
I'd give it to you.....

Such BEAUTIFUL words from Bono!

What these words say to me is to trust in that Higher Power (God) IN ALL THINGS and AT ALL TIMES. Even if we can't see it, the events in our lives are unfolding just the way they should to bring lasting Peace and ultimate Joy into our lives. :yes:

And, at this time of the still missing music in France, this may be a message that U2 needs to hear again!

So, if anyone has pics/stills from the "Gloria" video (one of my all-time favorite U2 videos), PLEASE post them here.

:hug:

It would add a WONDERFUL finish to a GREAT week of Bono /U2 picture posting here in PLEBA.....plus I think it would be an EXCELLENT way to begin a new week.

THANK YOU, BONO, FOR THE INSPIRATION YOU GIVE US!

.....ONLY IN YOU I'M COMPLETE :bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

Gloria

bonogloria-vi.jpg

gloria-vi.jpg

A Celebration

acelebration.jpg

Not Gloria, but from the October period. I guess I should have read the entire post.:sigh: I'm not entirely awake. These are from "Fire" by the way.

Last edited:
Thank you, everyone, for posting these EXCELLENT pics!:wink:

I love the"Gloria" and "Celebration" stills (two of my favorite U2 videos) and, of course, who amongst us doesn't like Bono's passionate performance of "Fire"? :combust:

And, u2granny, thanks for those pics of Bono crowd-surfing - he looks completely peaceful and happy being so close to the audience. They're BEAUTIFUL pictures.....of a TRULY BEAUTIFUL HEART AND SOUL!

:bono: :love: :hug: :angel: :up:

While on the topic. does anyone know where I can get a copy of the Gloria video? It's one of my favorites. :yes:

Thanks, biff! :applaud:

I like it when we try to be helpful and supportive of each other!:yes: :up:

GLORIA....
....ONLY IN YOU I'M COMPLETE
:angel: :bono: :heart: :heart: ;) :hug:

THANK YOU, Biff!!!
It feels so good to finally have the complete video! Thanks for the tip, you are the best
:bow: :hug: :happy:

:wave: You're very welcome. The timing was really serendipitous.
(Don't you wonder, though, why so many of their early videos were set in cold, dank, damp and/or snowy settings? I just want to give wee Bono a blankie.)

Biff, life moves in mysterious ways! :laugh:

Think about it.

There is a Third Eye which is always watching and waiting for the right moment to help.:yes:

Thanks, both of you, for adding a very nice touch to this thread. :up: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom