FOR BONO (MYSTERIOUS WAYS) Part 19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Hi PLEBA!

After the mysterious disappearance of the Edge's CD of U2's new music this week in France, I tried to find some consolation and some redirection in U2's music itself regarding this very sad occurence. And the song I kept coming back to was "Mysterious Ways". :wink:

This is the excerpt that kept drawing my attention:

One day you'll look back, and you'll see where you were held
How, by this love, while you could stand there
You could move on this moment
Follow this feeling....

It's alright, it's alright, it's alright,
She moves in mysterious ways....
It's alright, it's alright, it's alright,
We move through miracle days....

Spirit moves in mysterious ways....
it's alright, it's alright, it's alright,
Lift my days, light up my nights, Love

What this song says to me is to "go with the flow" of life. Whether things go the way you plan or not, life is following its own course which will prove to be the right course for all of us.:up:

The best thing that we can do is SIMPLY ACCEPT LIFE THE WAY IT IS WITH GRACE, COURAGE AND HUMILITY.

Remember "if you want to kiss the sky, better learn how to kneel". :angel:

GREAT WORDS OF WISDOM from the B-man - and I offer them back to U2 in this time of discouragement.

And if anyone else would like to post a MESSAGE OF HOPE to the men whose names form this forum's name, I encourage you to do so. :hug:

I think U2 would appreciate our sincere show of support for them at this critical moment for them.

Thanks....:bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

:up: :angel: :hug: :bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

Grace finds beauty in everything....

We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plains of dignity and discipline.... Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

I always thought the line about wanting to kiss the sky and getting on your knees was about oral sex, but that's just me ;):wink::ohmy:

As for the stolen cd- I don't think it's that big of a deal. :shrug: The album will still come out in November, they'll still go on tour, win lots of awards, etc. Besides, the new album is finished, and they're in France shooting a new video for their first single. Can't wait! :drool::up::up::up:

Last edited:
Thanks, soulnation2002, you're probably right. :wink:

I guess I just feel that since we in the U2 community can't be sure of what REALLY happened, we should take U2 at their word. :yes:

And if the missing music WAS really stolen from them, then I'm sure that they're feeling kinda down in their hearts right now (we all make mistakes).

So, I don't see what's wrong in us showing them that we love and support in their hour of need.

I know that we ALL have relied on U2 in whatever form - whether through their music, through meeting them and getting pics/autographs with them, etc. - to help us out through our rough times. I THINK WE SHOULD HELP THEM OUT THROUGH THEIRS! :up:

It's called Love, Respect and Friendship for U2. :hug:

And that the magic of U2's music and Bono's lyrics - they are so wonderful and insightful into human nature that you can interpret them to refer to the carnal(sex) or to the spiritual. The lyrics provide you with what you need when you need it. :hug:

Bono is a masterful scribe of the human Heart and Soul. :angel:

That's one reason why so many people are drawn to him. :bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

souLnation2002 said:
Besides, the new album is finished, and they're in France shooting a new video for their first single. Can't wait! :drool::up::up::up:

oh?!:drool: :hyper: :edge: :)

This is my favorite part of that song:

One day you'll look back, and you'll see where you were held
How, by this love, while you could stand there
You could move on this moment
Follow this feeling....

I love the part on Slane where he sings that to Eve. :cute:

Good topic :wink:

And if the missing music WAS really stolen from them, then I'm sure that they're feeling kinda down in their hearts right now (we all make mistakes).

If the missing cd was stolen, I'd also feel bad. But I'm sure it wasn't the only copy that they had.

I know that we ALL have relied on U2 in whatever form - whether through their music, through meeting them and getting pics/autographs with them, etc. - to help us out through our rough times.

True :up:

So, I don't see what's wrong in us showing them that we love and support in their hour of need...I THINK WE SHOULD HELP THEM OUT THROUGH THEIRS!

I like the idea of that.:hug: Unfortunatly, I don't think that U2 have the time in their busy schedules to read this message board,:( and if they did, I don't know if they'd have the guts to drop into PLEBA. :lol:

It's called Love, Respect and Friendship for U2.

I agree with all three of these. Love and respect for U2, and friendship within the U2 community. :):up:

And that the magic of U2's music and Bono's lyrics - they are so wonderful and insightful into human nature that you can interpret them to refer to the carnal(sex) or to the spiritual. The lyrics provide you with what you need when you need it.

I think when most people hear Mysterious Ways for the first time, they'd associate that line with the carnal. I didn't even realize that there was a spiritual aspect to it until I read a post on this fourm. :shrug:

Every good thing that you do for another or good thought that you think for another comes back to bless you many times over. :wink:

So, even if U2 never reads this (but remember previous posts where Bono has called the ladies of PLEBA "scary girls"), we create an atmosphere of Love, Respect and Friendship when we extend our good hopes and wishes for them.:yes:

It's called creating good karma. :up:

And as I said, the GREAT thing about U2's music and Bono's lyrics is that there is something in them for everyone. :hug:

And that comes from someone who has been followin U2 for over 23 years. And U2 has never let me down yet! :angel:

MAY U2 ALWAYS BE AWARE OF THE POSITIVE FEELINGS FOR THEM IN OUR WORLD! :love:

Back
Top Bottom