For a friend....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just wanted to let people know that Charlene (Bono's American Wife) recently lost her father. He passed away peacefully and it was not very unexpected, but it is still very sad for her.

She has told me her dad found happiness with his wife, and made some positive changes in his life, so those are some good things.

I know PLEBAns make the best friends, and I thought Charlene would love to get some messages from her friends in this time of her life. Please feel free to post them here. If you want to send them privately, contact me and I can get you her contact info.

Charlene, you are a great person! We love you here and will do our best to be your friends whenever you need us.

------------------
***ALOTWU***

Aw, Sweetheart,
I'm so sorry. Thanks for posting the photo! It really moves me. My prayers are with you and your family... go ahead, cry. Cry a lot. There's a big hole in your heart, go ahead and scream into it, your dad will hear it and cheer you on. And then... well, with God's blessing, something lovely can happen in your heart, even though you will never stop missing him in your life. My dad is just four months gone now, and my heart hurts every day, but his freedom and his... vastness now are a light and an inspiration to me. Yes, the photo was a good thing to share. My love to your father. My love to you.

Love lives.
Deb D

I'm truely sorry to hear about your loss Charlene. It's never easy when you lose a loved one and especially when it's a parent but sometimes it does make the hurt less when they do go peacefully and with no pain. Remember that you have a great big -most times nutty- U2 family with all of us here. We might not all know one another in person or that well for most matters but when it comes down to it we are friends and we all care about each other. U2 shows us love every day and we return that love to one another so know that we are here for you whenever and for whatever the reason.

Charlene, you are a lovely woman and and a joy to have around.

You will always have a home here at PLEBA.

(((HUGS)))

And if you ever want to talk, you know where to find me: ginab44 or gbforgia@uchicago.edu

smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Hallelujah Here She Comes (edited 03-28-2002).]

oh, charlene, i don't know what to say...i don't know you personally (or anyone here for that matter), but, my goodness, from your posts i can tell you are a wonderful person. my heart broke for you when i saw this thread, and i hope for you peaceful and happy days ahead. i'm so sorry for your loss, and you're in my prayers and thoughts.

((Charlene))
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Take care of yourself. You will be in my thoughts.

Charlene,

I'm SO very sorry to hear about your loss
frown.gif

I never know the right thing to say, but I hope that things get better for you soon!

------------------
Behind closed doors and under stars
It doesn't matter where you are
Collecting jewels that catch your eye
Don't let a soulmate pass you by

((((hugs))))

Hang in there Charlene.

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

My Friends

I consider you my friends
Although we've never met
You've managed to touch my heart
Through this thing called "The Net"

You've been there for me
When I've needed someone
How can I ever thank you
For all that you've done

When I've needed a shoulder
A prayer, a hug or an ear
You have been there for me
Like we've been friends for years

I don't quite understand it
Us meeting as cyber-friends
But I feel God had a hand in it
In order for me to mend

I prefer not to use it
This term "cyber-friend"
I'll leave off the "cyber"
And just call you friend

I feel I must thank you
For showering me with love
My angels right here on earth
Sent from Heaven above

- Author Unknown

(((((Charlene)))))

I'm crying with you...

------------------
Mirror mirror hanging in the sky, won't you look down to what's happening here below? I stand here singing to the flowers. So very few people really know. I dare a man to say I'm too young, for I'm going to try for the sun.

It's back. The fight. So is anyone giving way? It's just like in the beginning. The tears. Their eyes. Why isn't anyone giving way? It's just like in the beginning?

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Charlene - I don't know you very well but my sympathy is with you.

Elizabeth - Charlene is so fortunate to have you as a friend. You are truly a kind and generous person.

Charlene that poem is beautiful! It made me cry. I hope you are able to get a few smiles from your friends at PLEBA during the difficult days. (((PLEBA)))

Hi Charlene,
I don't post much on here but i love the site and the people on it. I send you my condolences and hopes and prayers for you and your family. Loosing a loved one, specifically a parent is so trying. Sounds like you are doing a remarkable job! Know that we are all thinking of you in your time.

charlene--- i know we became friends over some sad times in our lives, but maybe that could be the silver lining...and i loved that poem. i'll be emailing soon!!!

------------------
***ALOTWU***

Back
Top Bottom