Following in Mona's footsteps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Edge

Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
Mona, you'll be glad to know that I too am doing my small part at converting people out there in the cruel world to the wonders of U2.

Tonight my quest took me to The National Ballet. I went to a rehearsal and they were doing Romeo & Juliet. If I ever get pulled on stage, I am SO doing some of that choreography. That's something they wouldn't be used to!

Anyway, afterwards at the reception, I was speaking to one of the Juliets. She's about 19 or 20, and looks like a teeny, skinny Reese Witherspoon. She's very cute. Weighs about 70 lbs. The conversation goes like this:

Me: Blah blah my husband in marketing blah blah

Her: I've never met your husband. Who is he?

Me: Well (cautiously) have you heard of U2?

Her: OF COURSE!

Me (perking up): You know their Guitarist, the Edge?

Her: Yes...

Me: Well, he looks just like him, I'm sure you'll see him in the halls.

Her: Really? I love U2!

Me (getting very excited as she shoots up many points in my estimation): You do?

Her: Yes! I really want to go and see them. Do you know if there are any tickets?

Me: They're pretty hard to come by, *I* don't even have them yet...(then I go into a yarn about the shows I've seen)

Her: WOW! You are a fan. You've seen three shows!

Me: This tour..yes.

Her: And you know their names! What did you say the guitarist was called? EDGE?

Me: Yes.

I then explained to her about lining up for the heart. Then I had to explain what the heart is! The lining up put a damper on her enthusiasm. Sigh. She does seem very keen to see them from seats though.

I guess I was like her when I first fell for them, I didn't know their names or any of their songs, I just knew I adored them. I nearly died when I first learned Edge's name. I was expecting him to wear a dog collar!

I told her that by the time I was through with her, she'd be the biggest fan alive.

So if I get my own tix for Hamilton, I will look into some seats for her.

I feel like such an old timer. She's never even seen them, I've been around since 1987....Oh, well.

GODSPEED, Jess!!! *throws magical Vegas sparkle dust Jess's way* You might just have yerself a little convert...emphasis on the little. Just don't seat her next to me. Heh.
smile.gif

Tonight on the way home, listening to...do I NEED to even mention?
smile.gif
And again I was pondering the wonders of Bono's amaZing voice...how it swoops, soars, growls, whispers, yelps, howls, shudders...and just crawls inside your ears and into your brain till it's all you can hear, all you can see, it's all you think about and becomes the very breaths you take...

and I was thinking, the MORE I learn about/know about Bono (OK, and the rest), the more I am continually amazed and awestruck and find new reasons to love them even more...and I continually ask myself WHY aren't MORE people huge U2 fans like that? I mean, the majority of people I meet are 'U2 lite' fans, they know only what they've heard on the radio, they don't know the guys' names, can't even say Bono right, etc.

It continues to astound and perplex me.

I just don't get it.
confused.gif
confused.gif

But it's the reason I WILL continue to preach U2 to the unconverted!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Disco
---
M.O.M.M. of EBO club

I have recently converted my friend Sarah (and now my roommate--we've known each other since 1st grade) in a U2 fanatic!!!! It's great, and has brought us even closer!! Plus we're going to the south bend and first chicago show!!! YAY!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Goonies never say die!

Dragged my U2-hating best friend to three shows this year - now she loves them! Her bf has just bought ATYCLB and 1980-1990 because he 'always had them in his head' because she was singing the whole time!

Success!
biggrin.gif

VIVA LA REVOLUCION!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Where's hoooo-lee-ah? (FallDownJulie) She's here 'cause of me. Darn it, I didn't see you all day -- I wore my camo hat!!!!!! P.S. relig project tomorrow!

------------------
~*Mona FP*~ / ~*Moaner*~ / ~*MonaPhisto*~
Bono Rep. of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"F.P. is for Furious Poet" ~Kerouac

"Thank you all for letting me rub up against you" ~BonoBaby~

Back
Top Bottom